Waste of Money to get new IEM's with an ipod?
May 8, 2010 at 12:24 PM Post #31 of 46
Only 10? =\

May 8, 2010 at 2:19 PM Post #32 of 46
^ Hahah :wink:
But yea.... the days of Limewire/Frostwire are far behind me and I'm sure I'm never going back. But to get back on topic, I could concentrate on upgrading headphones first, then make sure you have high quality source files. Player comes next, then an amp and interconnects to finish everything off, but that's just me :)

May 8, 2010 at 2:25 PM Post #33 of 46
I think iPods have excellent sound quality.  I'd bet if you played the same song from a CD on a very good CD player, and the corresponding lossless file through an iPod, in most cases there would be no discernible difference.

May 8, 2010 at 5:24 PM Post #35 of 46

Quote:
... I would concentrate on upgrading headphones first, then make sure you have high quality source files. Player comes next, then an amp and interconnects to finish everything off, but that's just me :)

x2

May 8, 2010 at 10:03 PM Post #36 of 46
I'm using ipod touch 3rd generation and it sound fine. But I always used ipod and never had complained. Def get a nice pair of IEM, I'm using UE TF-10vi. I want to buy an amp, but I don't know much about them. Can anyone help me? Will the PA2V2 be good enough for my set up to last awhile, or should I spend a more and get something like the ARROW which cost 250? Or other amps around 200ish?

May 8, 2010 at 10:16 PM Post #37 of 46
^ I would suggest you do your research on amps. There's a very helpful thread in the portable amp section by Skylab with a lot of portable amps. That's a good place to start. Also you should really consider if that is the biggest upgrade for you at the moment. My order is as follows: phones, bitrate, player, amps, cables. Another thing is if you want the added bulk and cost of the amp and an interconnect cable whether it's a lod or mini to mini cable. I for one will not amp my fuze even though I can afford it since I do not want the added bulk.

May 8, 2010 at 10:27 PM Post #38 of 46
Whats the difference between a mini to min compare to a  LOD? The headphone sounds fine but I want little more. Going to look at the review Skylab wrote. I was really interested in the Arrow because it was very slim and not too bulky. My other option was the PA2V2 because its only 60 dollars. And this will be my first amp so I don't know which route to take.

May 8, 2010 at 10:35 PM Post #39 of 46

Quote:
Whats the difference between a mini to min compare to a  LOD? The headphone sounds fine but I want little more. Going to look at the review Skylab wrote. I was really interested in the Arrow because it was very slim and not too bulky. My other option was the PA2V2 because its only 60 dollars. And this will be my first amp so I don't know which route to take.

Mini to mini can be used out of the headphone jack. LoD comes out of the dock port on iPods and sounds better then using the headphone out.
And again, if you are looking to buy an amp I suggest saving up and really getting something good. Just settling for something in the 100 price range might leave you wanting more when you can pick up an amp that actually does something for the money spent on it. 

May 8, 2010 at 10:41 PM Post #40 of 46
Do you have any recommendation? Am I too crazy to spend more then 250 on an amp for my set up? I really like how the Arrow looks from Headstage very slim and same size as my iPod touch. Do you think the Arrow will last me a while?

May 8, 2010 at 10:48 PM Post #41 of 46

Quote:
Do you have any recommendation? Am I too crazy to spend more then 250 on an amp for my set up? I really like how the Arrow looks from Headstage very slim and same size as my iPod touch. Do you think the Arrow will last me a while?

Well I spent 340 on my amp and I think I'm perfectly sane :/
What headphones are you going to be amping anyway (I feel like I've asked this before but I forgot :/)

And will the Arrow last you a while? Do you mean as in quality of sound it gives or quality of the build in terms of it working?

May 8, 2010 at 10:53 PM Post #42 of 46
I'm using UE tf-10. I meant the quality of sound, I don't to drop 250 knowing I will need to upgrade soon. I don't consider myself a audiophile but when I listen to my music I want them to sound good.

May 9, 2010 at 2:22 AM Post #45 of 46
never heard Sony/Cowon/Sansa players before, but currently using iPod touch 1G + TF10, playing Apple Lossless on the go. Can't find any fault with the music.

the TF10 is really a gem!!

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back