Washing grado bowl pads?
Oct 19, 2003 at 4:02 AM Post #2 of 10
hey there

see this thread, where Beagle posted some great Grado pad (flat, in his case) washing directions.

http://www4.head-fi.org/forums/showt...threadid=39512

I think maybe we should have a small sticky for pad care....I think i should send a PM or two to the powers that be

Oct 19, 2003 at 4:12 AM Post #3 of 10
i would be conservative about washing pads. like paper speaker cones i believe that grado headphone bowl pads may have some sizing (a glue-like conservation liquid) in them. perhaps someone here knows for sure.

Oct 19, 2003 at 4:19 AM Post #4 of 10
A little warm, soapy water couldn't hurt 'em.

--Chris

Oct 19, 2003 at 4:42 PM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by hempcamp
A little warm, soapy water couldn't hurt 'em.

--Chris

Woolite is a very good mild detergent, esp. since it works by soaking without the need to squish//wring/deform the pads possibly changing their shape/fit.

Oct 19, 2003 at 6:17 PM Post #6 of 10
Some headphones I've bought used have come over-prepared, while others come complete with original owner's dandruff :insert puke smiley here:

In the case of single material pads like Grados, I use warm detergent, then an antibacterial agent, followed by a quick soak in a barbicidal agent. I might mix some shampoo into the last one to make it smell OK. Then to get rid of anything nasty that might have survived that onslaught I give it some short zaps in the microwave.

Oct 19, 2003 at 6:19 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by Haoleb
I read somewhere, maybe here about washing the grado bowl pads.

Are you supposed to do this? with what. how often.

Thanks.

Try flushing em down the toilet
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 19, 2003 at 6:29 PM Post #8 of 10
Now now... you don't want to flush them down the toilet. Their steel-wool like texture would scrape up all of the pipes and cause all sorts of leakage and blockage problems. Best to keep them in the kitchen to sharpen knives and wash skillets.

Oct 19, 2003 at 6:31 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by TimSchirmer
Now now... you don't want to flush them down the toilet. Their steel-wool like texture would scrape up all of the pipes and cause all sorts of leakage and blockage problems. Best to keep them in the kitchen to sharpen knives and wash skillets.

No! Not the toilet! Nemo is down there! WE NEED TO FIND NEMO! ...

And when we do, you can use the bowl-pad sharpened knives to slice Nemo into sushi...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back