Washed my IE800's ... sadface
Jun 20, 2016 at 8:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

volted

Head-Fier
Hi guys,

So my IE800s went through the washing machine ... gutted. They sound like **** now as expected. Tried rinsing with distilled water and drying, but I think they are dead.

Anything else I can try or just forget it and cry in a corner?

Jun 20, 2016 at 9:27 AM Post #2 of 10
I think that is rather funny.Your earphones got volted.
Had two friends,one of them put his passport in the washing machine without searching the pockets and the other forgot keys,wallet with money in the bus as he was not careful.
When i started to laugh at him , he changed the story saying they were stolen from him.
So a friendly advice,buy another pair and be more careful next time.

Jun 20, 2016 at 9:42 AM Post #4 of 10
They were rinsed and dried before trying them out. Right channel is totally dead, left is tinny

Jun 20, 2016 at 9:52 AM Post #5 of 10
RIP 
frown.gif

Well, try contacting Sennheiser for a repair quote...
Hopefully the price wouldn't be so ungodly.

Jun 20, 2016 at 9:55 AM Post #6 of 10
Put them in a cup filled with uncooked rice. Close lid for two days. If not work cook rice.

Aug 1, 2016 at 5:01 AM Post #7 of 10
Good news!

I prepared a shipping label to send to Senn for repair. Plugged them in out of curiosity and they are fine. They just needed to dry out. To my ear they sound exactly as they should, which is a shock.

Hmmm _scratches chin_

Aug 1, 2016 at 5:47 AM Post #8 of 10
I guess the water inside was just distorting the audio then! I had a previous experience when i washed expensive earphones....unfortunately i was not as lucky as you and fried the components inside i believe. Alas......expensive lesson to be learned. 

Aug 1, 2016 at 9:53 AM Post #9 of 10
Something about Senns, I washed my IE8s too and they turned out OK.

The IE800s sound so undamaged that the placebo "They have been through the wash, they can't be right!" isnt even there

Aug 1, 2016 at 10:07 AM Post #10 of 10
At first reading this thread I was going make a suggestion of alcohol but a whole bottle to drink.

After getting to the end of this story, my suggestion again is get a whole bottle of alcohol and drink it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back