Was this a scam, or have i just missed a good deal?
May 9, 2007 at 5:28 AM Post #17 of 21
My brother got stopped by these guys and he bartered them down to practically nothing. Now we've got surround sound (crappy or not, although it sounds fine to me) pretty much throughout my whole house. I told them these guys were scammers, but they were the ones that got scammed. They wanted $500 per set, but my brother bartered them down to a hundred bucks for two sets. The guys didnt even wanna do it for so cheap and tried to say forget it, but my brother pretty much guilted them into it, cuz they originally said, "These are extra stock, we've already made our money." So my brother said, "Well then theyre free to you, dont be a dick and give them to me for cheap, how much money can two guys need in one day?" They were young little guys, and my brother is a big intimidating dude. They sound fine, complete with 6 speakers and sub. They really do the job for the few bucks they cost, but yeah, those guys are ********, and probably burn people for $500 a set on these things like 10 times a day.

May 9, 2007 at 5:43 AM Post #18 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdeadfolx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My brother got stopped by these guys and he bartered them down to practically nothing. Now we've got surround sound (crappy or not, although it sounds fine to me) pretty much throughout my whole house. I told them these guys were scammers, but they were the ones that got scammed. They wanted $500 per set, but my brother bartered them down to a hundred bucks for two sets. The guys didnt even wanna do it for so cheap and tried to say forget it, but my brother pretty much guilted them into it, cuz they originally said, "These are extra stock, we've already made our money." So my brother said, "Well then theyre free to you, dont be a dick and give them to me for cheap, how much money can two guys need in one day?" They were young little guys, and my brother is a big intimidating dude. They sound fine, complete with 6 speakers and sub. They really do the job for the few bucks they cost, but yeah, those guys are ********, and probably burn people for $500 a set on these things like 10 times a day.

LOL I got news for you your bro still got scammed..thats the game they play and your bro has been played..
wink.gif

May 9, 2007 at 6:11 AM Post #19 of 21
I knew someone was going to say that, but the truth is, crappy systems or not, going from TV speakers only to surround sound everywhere for a hundred bucks just somehow doesnt feel like getting played. Xbox 360 has never been more fun. Maybe someone else can "play" us and sell us a 60" Plasma TV for $30 or so
smily_headphones1.gif

May 9, 2007 at 6:53 AM Post #21 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdeadfolx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I knew someone was going to say that, but the truth is, crappy systems or not, going from TV speakers only to surround sound everywhere for a hundred bucks just somehow doesnt feel like getting played. Xbox 360 has never been more fun. Maybe someone else can "play" us and sell us a 60" Plasma TV for $30 or so
smily_headphones1.gif

well it is subjective for you/your brother, enjoy them, but considering that they still made a considerable profit off of the transaction (not necessarily the amount of money, but % wise compared to how much it cost to make them) I would consider it a scam if it were to happen to me or anyone else. You could say, so? Bose is doing that right now, does that make them scammers? My answer is yes
smily_headphones1.gif
and they aren't the only ones. I gotta give your brother some credit though, my hs friend got tricked by this scam and paid a little over 200 for a pair of floorstanding speakers, we laughed at him for days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back