Was Brad Delp (Boston) a much better singer than Michael Jackson?
Sep 14, 2009 at 5:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4
Bradley E. Delp (June 12, 1951 – March 9, 2007) was an American musician, best known as the lead vocalist of the rock band Boston. Delp was known for his extremely high range, and is often cited as a key influence in the rock music vocal scene.

Though well known for his [size=small]"golden" voice with soaring vocals and range[/size],
Brad Delp was also a multi-instrumentalist, playing guitar, harmonica, and keyboards.
Additionally, he wrote or co-wrote several songs for Boston and many other artists.

Taken from here

While reading about the Boston (1976) album I found this:

Quote:

Brad Delp (Boston) - Boston, 1976:
[size=large]Golden voice with a staggering range[/size].

By the way, this is what Head-fi'ers say about Michael Jackson's singing.

VIDEO: BOSTON "Smokin" LIVE 1979 Giants Stadium, NJ

boston-band.jpg

boston_2008.jpg

boston.jpg

IMHO, Brad Delp knocks Michael Jackson down in the first minute of the first round!

beerchug.gif
L3000.gif
popcorn.gif

Sep 14, 2009 at 9:14 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, easily. Better musician too. But that's why I couldn't really compare the two. I saw MJ as a dancer more than anything else.

Metaphorically speaking - Brad Delp (Cassius Clay) vs. Michael Jackson (Sony Liston):
34532200.jpg

Anyway, how
confused_face(1).gif
to understand the results of the poll?
L3000.gif

Sep 14, 2009 at 9:35 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, easily. Better musician too. But that's why I couldn't really compare the two. I saw MJ as a dancer more than anything else.

x2

Michael Jackson was an "entertainer", Delp was a musician; a freakin good one at that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back