Warwick Acoustics APERIO and BRAVURA
Dec 3, 2023 at 6:49 PM Post #661 of 913
To be fair, that only accounts for a single reviewer.
That being said, the minimum Warwick ranking seemed to be about S tier, so well done to Warwick Acoustics.

I'm fairly displeased with some of their rankings, but they're decent.

Dec 3, 2023 at 10:02 PM Post #662 of 913
I’m finding that I agree with about 85% of their rankings. They are very clear on how and why. Resolve would have ranked things very differently had EQ’ing them been part of his consideration. I think DMS also talked about his rankings would be different if pad-swapping or other modifications.

I’m really happy to see Warwick Aperio and Bravura so high up. The Bravura is such a fantastic headphone system. And yes, this is even a statement I stand by after selling mine off.

Dec 4, 2023 at 5:14 AM Post #663 of 913
Bravura is not better than 1266 or Susvara, in good chain these two outclass them.

Dec 4, 2023 at 10:50 AM Post #664 of 913
Bravura is not better than 1266 or Susvara, in good chain these two outclass them.
I’ve listened to the 1266 and Susvaras in $$$ premium systems comparatively what stands out to me is price performance value they don’t even come close to the Bravuras ,.

Dec 4, 2023 at 10:54 AM Post #665 of 913
I am not sure why 1266 is even a topic, yes it has beuatiful stage and bass, but other than that, 2023 at much lower price point we have too many other great resolving headphones that blow 1266 out of the water. Including Bravura.

Dec 4, 2023 at 11:11 AM Post #666 of 913
I don’t think so. I listen to 1266 and Susvara on high chains and the bravura was better in my opinion. not technical but tuning wise it has the better sound for me. if I take the price (35k for both on a good amp dac) the bravura price is ridiculous cheap.

Dec 4, 2023 at 12:24 PM Post #667 of 913
Nothing does vocals as well as the Bravura, not even my Susvara, not the Aperio or HE-1. That’s, admittedly, a preferential statement, though. They do something quite unique for me with the sound stage — the vocals are quite intimate, but the rest of the staging around the vocals is pretty large. Not everyone will like that, though.

Susvara and Abyss require more expensive gear. They scale relative to what you feed them. Bravura has no scalability, it’s a take-it-or-leave-it system, which is great for some, not-so-good for others. Even on much more expensive gear, I don’t think they necessarily outclass them, rather than do things differently (some better, some not as good, still).

Dec 4, 2023 at 12:31 PM Post #668 of 913
Try Verite Open, Atrium and Caldera. If you are into vocals and natural reproduction you will be surprised what ZMF totl lineup is capable off on the right chain. Saying that Bravura is very unique too. Really looking forward to my second audition, might be my next headphone purchase 2024 :)

Dec 4, 2023 at 12:37 PM Post #669 of 913
Try Verite Open, Atrium and Caldera. If you are into vocals and natural reproduction you will be surprised what ZMF totl lineup is capable off on the right chain. Saying that Bravura is very unique too. Really looking forward to my second audition, might be my next headphone purchase 2024 :)

ZMF’s are on my VERY short list of headphones to really try. :darthsmile: I am thinking about the Atrium or Caldera, but that’s probably a little bit later down the line.

I passed judgment on them too quickly last year and when I was at So Cal Can Jam this year, I only went for one day, so I decided to skip the ZMF room entirely (big miss on my part).

Dec 4, 2023 at 2:15 PM Post #671 of 913
I’ve listened to the 1266 and Susvaras in $$$ premium systems comparatively what stands out to me is price performance value they don’t even come close to the Bravuras ,.
Ok, for AIO system Bravura has no match.

I don't know how Susvara scales down but 1266 scales very good.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2023 at 2:31 PM Post #672 of 913
I'd rather have an interface like RAALs' TI1b for it. So it's a 7 K headphone, right? and I don't want to have an aio, second system for one HP. But maybe it's that good like they say. Unless one can afford it...

Dec 4, 2023 at 2:53 PM Post #673 of 913
Ok, for AIO system Bravura has no match.

I don't know how Susvara scales down but 1266 scales very good.

I personally don’t think the Susvara scales down very well. It “runs” on semi-decent gear, but you really do miss out on the magical qualities of the Susvara with lower gear. That’s from my experience, running them off a Ferrum Erco DAC/AMP combo, Burson Audio Conductor 3XR, Fiio K9 Pro. On most of those, the Susvara was pretty heavily underpowered and then on some, like the K9 Pro they were very edgy and glaring. There were other places where they fell short, like sound stage, too.

Even when moving to using the Erco DAC only and feeding it into to the Oor/Hypsos, I was left just missing a bit.

I do think that the Susvara really requires a capable amp and almost nearly requires a properly paired DAC, too.

Dec 4, 2023 at 3:15 PM Post #674 of 913
I personally don’t think the Susvara scales down very well. It “runs” on semi-decent gear, but you really do miss out on the magical qualities of the Susvara with lower gear. That’s from my experience, running them off a Ferrum Erco DAC/AMP combo, Burson Audio Conductor 3XR, Fiio K9 Pro. On most of those, the Susvara was pretty heavily underpowered and then on some, like the K9 Pro they were very edgy and glaring. There were other places where they fell short, like sound stage, too.

Even when moving to using the Erco DAC only and feeding it into to the Oor/Hypsos, I was left just missing a bit.

I do think that the Susvara really requires a capable amp and almost nearly requires a properly paired DAC, too.
I second this opinion, I tried Susvara with an ifi pro ican signature amp, one that some claim is the minimum recommended amp:
- but I still preferred an EQ'd hekse (yes even with the EQ downsides) over a "budget" Susvara
- I have been blown away by the susvara on an endgame setup, so much better than my "budget" Susvara
- Susvara is more natural, Bravura is more resolving. What you choose depends on preference, and if an endgame Susvara really warrants 3x the price of Bravura

Dec 4, 2023 at 3:29 PM Post #675 of 913
To be fair, a second hand Susvara is around 3k nowdays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back