Warwick Acoustics APERIO and BRAVURA
Oct 18, 2022 at 10:38 PM Post #136 of 913
Drunken ADHD-fueled (accidental) purchases are the best.

PXL_20221019_014124608.jpg

I was lucky enough to hear these at CanJam SoCal and kept them in my basket for headphones.com (not an ad or anything, I just like their return policy). Didn't realize these were still in my cart when I checked out. So glad I didn't!

Oct 19, 2022 at 6:40 AM Post #138 of 913
congrats 🎉. amazing setup.
Thanks!! I'm amazed that this is not merely as fantastic as I remember, but is in fact _better_ than I remember it being. The more I think about it, I cannot think of any setup that even comes close to the Bravura plus Sonoma for the price in terms of sound quality.

Oct 19, 2022 at 7:25 AM Post #139 of 913
Thanks!! I'm amazed that this is not merely as fantastic as I remember, but is in fact _better_ than I remember it being. The more I think about it, I cannot think of any setup that even comes close to the Bravura plus Sonoma for the price in terms of sound quality.
Recently I had just placed an order for the HiFiman Susvaras after a in home audition the cost added to my headphone system less server at the time was approaching over 25K, I happened to come across GoldenOne review , contacted a local dealer the same day I gave a listen to the Bravura system I canceled my order for the Susvaras, The question I asked myself that day what does the Susvara based system do over the Bravura’s thats worth 25k VS 6K ,…

Attachments

• 62329C39-30BA-4D2F-AEE6-687613EEA1EE.jpeg
    62329C39-30BA-4D2F-AEE6-687613EEA1EE.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
Oct 19, 2022 at 2:12 PM Post #140 of 913
Thanks!

I've got the APERIO review up on patreon and it'll go out on YT next week.
Both of them are truly stellar. The APERIO are absolutely phenomenal though
Would you consider it sacrilege for me to run a digital coax from a Bluesound Node, (bypassing it’s DAC but retaining its user interface) into the Sonoma M1 amp/energizer/DAC.

I’m already running the Node’s USB out to an iFi Pro Signature iDSD + iCan stack. That Node in my house is devoted solely to headphone use.

Just wanted to get your/other’s opinions utilizing the digital coax as a connection.

Thanks in advance

Oct 19, 2022 at 2:13 PM Post #141 of 913
I own the Bravura for a few month now. Generally I am very satisfied with it. But I recently played a bit with EQ to see if I can improve the tonality for my taste.

I find that it can get a bit bright at times and is not working well with all genres. I added some bass shelf and it sounds so much more pleasant for me. I am not a bass head or similar, I am very happy with IEF neutral target, but I find the bass shelf balances out the brightness of the Bravura which at times come with some fatigue end edginess. Additionally it is often times the case that EQ adds unnaturalness to the tonality or sounds forced, but the Bravura takes it like nothing else.

It would be so cool if we could import our own customizations into the DSP of the Sonoma energizer.

The only issue I have left with the Bravura is the volume knob that sometimes skips steps. I wonder if anyone else experienced that.

Preamp: -6.9 dB
Filter: ON PK Fc 180 Hz Gain -3 dB Q 1
Filter: ON PK Fc 30 Hz Gain 7 dB Q 0.2001

1666203736662.png

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2022 at 2:31 PM Post #142 of 913
Would you consider it sacrilege for me to run a digital coax from a Bluesound Node, (bypassing it’s DAC but retaining its user interface) into the Sonoma M1 amp/energizer/DAC.

I’m already running the Node’s USB out to an iFi Pro Signature iDSD + iCan stack. That Node in my house is devoted solely to headphone use.

Just wanted to get your/other’s opinions utilizing the digital coax as a connection.

Thanks in advance
Not really. If it suits your use case go for it.
The bluesound stuff is bitperfect afaik so it shouldn't be an issue here.

Oct 19, 2022 at 3:03 PM Post #143 of 913
The bluesound stuff is bitperfect afaik so it shouldn't be an issue here.guess the only @
The bluesound stuff is bitperfect afaik so it shouldn't be an issue here.
Thank you. I guess the only “sacrilege” that could be committed as far as you are concerned, would be the venial sin of playing MQA through these 😂

Oct 19, 2022 at 3:05 PM Post #144 of 913
Thank you. I guess the only “sacrilege” that could be committed as far as you are concerned, would be the venial sin of playing MQA through these 😂
Now THAT would be unforgivable :p

Oct 20, 2022 at 5:54 AM Post #145 of 913
As per @GoldenOne's post, no offense in doing that. Bluesound Node is 'only' a transport for Sonoma M1 in your case.
Now THAT would be unforgivable :p
:D

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Oct 21, 2022 at 2:50 PM Post #146 of 913
Drunken ADHD-fueled (accidental) purchases are the best.

PXL_20221019_014124608.jpg

I was lucky enough to hear these at CanJam SoCal and kept them in my basket for headphones.com (not an ad or anything, I just like their return policy). Didn't realize these were still in my cart when I checked out. So glad I didn't!

Congratulations! Thanks for picking it up through us!

Oct 31, 2022 at 2:23 AM Post #147 of 913
I just checked the price of the Aperio black and it is $36,000!! The silver is $24,000. Can these possibly, really be this much better than a $18,000 Shangri-LA, or even the $6200 x9000. Is this just a large amount of money for a very small difference? Have many of you out there actually heard these Aperios? Are they really that good?
It's close between the X9000 and Aperio, but the Aperio just barely edges it out. Listened to both at CanJam. I really loved the X9000 on the WooAudio 3ES. Got goosebumps on both of them, but the Aperio almost brought tears it was so beautiful. Just my take. I'd probably get the X9000 on the 3ES for the money, or maybe with the LTA Z10e which was also a great energizer. My plan now is the live with my planars for another year and then get a used bravura maybe. Honestly, spending over $3k on any headphone setup is hard to justify over a decent 2.1 channel speaker setup.

Oct 31, 2022 at 2:57 AM Post #148 of 913
It's close between the X9000 and Aperio, but the Aperio just barely edges it out. Listened to both at CanJam. I really loved the X9000 on the WooAudio 3ES. Got goosebumps on both of them, but the Aperio almost brought tears it was so beautiful. Just my take. I'd probably get the X9000 on the 3ES for the money, or maybe with the LTA Z10e which was also a great energizer. My plan now is the live with my planars for another year and then get a used bravura maybe. Honestly, spending over $3k on any headphone setup is hard to justify over a decent 2.1 channel speaker setup.
Most naysayers claiming headphones are inferior to loudspeakers mainly pointed at these two realms: stage and dynamic bass. TOTL headphone systems are able to deliver loudspeaker like bass and stage in a natural way, at a premium price though. The tricky part is actually in a natural, correct and balanced way, which explains the price and sonic gap between X9000 and Aperio.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2022 at 6:29 AM Post #149 of 913
Thanks for your reaction to hearing the Aperio. You said the Aperio almost brought tears to you eyes it was so beautiful. It's this type of reaction that has caused me to be so interested in the Aperio. I am firmly committed to exploring the possibilities of this hobby; the Aperio will be my largest commitment yet. No matter what they sound like, I'm sure I will enjoy them. I ordered in August and I understand that due to component shortages they are not due to ship until mid November or even later. Sounds like the x9000 situation all over again.

Oct 31, 2022 at 8:00 AM Post #150 of 913
Thanks for your reaction to hearing the Aperio. You said the Aperio almost brought tears to you eyes it was so beautiful. It's this type of reaction that has caused me to be so interested in the Aperio. I am firmly committed to exploring the possibilities of this hobby; the Aperio will be my largest commitment yet. No matter what they sound like, I'm sure I will enjoy them. I ordered in August and I understand that due to component shortages they are not due to ship until mid November or even later. Sounds like the x9000 situation all over again.
He forgot to mention that they were chopping onions at that booth. Besides auditioning headphones they were serving tacos and burritos at that vendor’s table.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back