Warwick Acoustics APERIO and BRAVURA
Aug 26, 2022 at 11:06 PM Post #92 of 913
Impressions?
What got to me while listening to GoldenOne’s fabulous review of the WarWick system he used a single phrase that stopped me in my tracks . I’ve only heard that phrase used rarely though recently while in Florida visiting Jays Audio Lab . “Fu*king phenomenal“ for most people pretty much sums it up ,
Im not suggesting for one moment the Warwick system is anything like Jays system , though that day one of the fellows there used that phrase a few times ,.YouTube Jays Audio Lab ,. though for me what the Warwick system brings to the table is high enjoyment factor like I experienced listening to Jays fabulous system.

The Bravura system suits much of the music I listen to very well , highly enjoyable and highly recommended.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2022 at 11:43 AM Post #94 of 913
I currently have the Diana V2 and I'm very interested in the Bravura.
Anyone had a chance to listen to both of them and can share some thoughts?
Hi, I had the Diana V2 for 1 year and enjoyed them especially listening to rock or heavy metal. The Abyss are phenomenal when it comes to harder music. but all the other stuff I like too like opera or classical music I don’t like the Diana V2. the Bravura is an Allrounder for me. they serve every music very well. they especially shine when listening to classical music jazz and progressive rock metal like Steven Wilson, Rush or some harder stuff like Haken or Dream Theater. there transient response are amazing so you can follow every instrument very easy. Bravura’s are airy and intimate. both cans are amazing but it depends on your musical taste. see the bravura’s as a package who serves every music very good and some stuff amazing and see the Diana V2 as headphone which delivers classical and jazz stuff good and harder music amazing. I would say both headphones together would be the perfect match for all kinds of music.

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2022 at 4:42 PM Post #95 of 913
I currently have a 009S driven by Mjölnir KGSShv and fed by TT2 + Mscaler. Anyone with experience with that chain who can comment on comparison to Bravura? I have no complaints with my existing setup except it is quite large from a desktop footprint standpoint and the all-in-one form factor (and high sonic praise) has me intrigued by the Bravura. Thank you.

Sep 1, 2022 at 5:19 PM Post #96 of 913
I currently have a 009S driven by Mjölnir KGSShv and fed by TT2 + Mscaler. Anyone with experience with that chain who can comment on comparison to Bravura? I have no complaints with my existing setup except it is quite large from a desktop footprint standpoint and the all-in-one form factor (and high sonic praise) has me intrigued by the Bravura. Thank you.
You could get some Warwick sound by adding Titans Labs Helen Jitter Purifier. Your setup is clearly brighter and leaner than Warwick accoustic.

Sep 1, 2022 at 6:17 PM Post #97 of 913
You could get some Warwick sound by adding Titans Labs Helen Jitter Purifier. Your setup is clearly brighter and leaner than Warwick accoustic.
Thank you for the comment. Suffice to say, I’m still intrigued as I agree my current e-stat setup leans bright and lean. However, my tube focused planar/dynamic setup is warmer and I end up listening to that chain more.

Sep 4, 2022 at 1:35 PM Post #98 of 913
I’ve had the Bravura system for a week now purchased with a 30 day return policy, it’s staying the other headphone components are going . I was set to purchase the Susvaras last week having borrowed them on occasion I felt this was the headphone for me including borrowed and bought components from Rockna , Holo Audio , Accuphase and Cayin Audio just to name a few size comparison the WarWick energizer sitting it their place on my audio stand looks like table ornament.

The purchase of the Susvaras wound of pushed the total investment of my headphone system to over 22k though playback sound quality was darn good however as remarkable as this sounds I enjoy the Bravura system just as much for 6K .
Everything from Ella Fitzgerald to Pink Floyd with plenty in between , You know it when it sounds right .

If I feel the need for deep sub base I’ll listen to my speaker system however light in the lower register‘s that’s not so much the case with the Bravura system , Chesky Records superb recording of Mozart’s Ave Verum proved that by leaving a 1000 yard stare on my face momentarily as my wife points out. Listening to Rammstein bores deep into the primal section of my brain and well recorded Jazz vocals such as Ella Fitzgerald including many other great vocals are absolutely mesmerizing to listen to.

Finally at 6500 bucks for energizer , dac and headphone’s VS the money you currently have tied up in a headphone system , bring it home and give it a listen you may like it you may not , you need to give it a listen.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2022 at 2:12 PM Post #99 of 913
I’ve had the Bravura system for a week now purchased with a 30 day return policy, it’s staying the other headphone components are going . I was set to purchase the Susvaras last week having borrowed them on occasion I felt this was the headphone for me including borrowed and bought components from Rockna , Holo Audio , Accuphase and Cayin Audio just to name a few size comparison the WarWick energizer sitting it their place on my audio stand looks like table ornament.

The purchase of the Susvaras wound of pushed the total investment of my headphone system to over 22k though playback sound quality was darn good however as remarkable as this sounds I enjoy the Bravura system just as much for 6K .
Everything from Ella Fitzgerald to Pink Floyd with plenty in between , You know it when it sounds right .

If I feel the need for deep sub base I’ll listen to my speaker system however light in the lower register‘s that’s not so much the case with the Bravura system , Chesky Records superb recording of Mozart’s Ave Verum proved that by leaving a 1000 yard stare on my face momentarily as my wife points out. Listening to Rammstein bores deep into the primal section of my brain and well recorded vocals such as Ella Fitzgerald including many other great vocals are absolutely mesmerizing to listen to.

Finally at 6500 bucks for energizer , dac and headphone’s VS the money you currently have tied up in a headphone system , bring it home and give it a listen you may like it you may not , you need to give it a listen.
I agree with your post. After reading, I put on my Bravuras and did some listening. So even and non fatiguing, yet the detail is there. Beautiful tonality top to bottom. I'm trying to imagine what the Aperio does better/differently. I'll know soon enough. I just have to be patient.

Sep 4, 2022 at 2:18 PM Post #100 of 913
I agree with your post. After reading, I put on my Bravuras and did some listening. So even and non fatiguing, yet the detail is there. Beautiful tonality top to bottom. I'm trying to imagine what the Aperio does better/differently. I'll know soon enough. I just have to be patient.
There’s a lot of expensive speaker systems that do not sound like this ,.as good .

Sep 4, 2022 at 4:41 PM Post #102 of 913
There’s a lot of expensive speaker systems that do not sound like this ,.as good .
Different to many others, I have opposite sonic preference over speaker and headphone systems where I prefer a bass light and delicate speaker systems with clear and transparent sound and tuning similar to Nagra or Mola Mola; whereas for headphone system, I turn to be a bass head hungry for slam and rumbles yet interestingly I am not a fan of LCD 4 which kills my spine and sent me to hospital nor abyss TC with a wonky vocal and midrange.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2022 at 4:47 PM Post #103 of 913

If I feel the need for deep sub base I’ll listen to my speaker system however light in the lower register‘s that’s not so much the case with the Bravura system , Chesky Records superb recording of Mozart’s Ave Verum proved that by leaving a 1000 yard stare on my face momentarily as my wife points out. Listening to Rammstein bores deep into the primal section of my brain and well recorded Jazz vocals such as Ella Fitzgerald including many other great vocals are absolutely mesmerizing to listen to.

I figure even without the dac bypass function, Bravura could still be up leveled by adding Jitter Purifier as Titans Helen and High quality DDC.

Sep 19, 2022 at 8:21 AM Post #105 of 913
Anyone had a chance to compare the Bravura to the new Expanse?
Yes I did 3 days ago by my local dealer. It was not a direct comparison but I own the Bravura. I listened to stealth and expanse yesterday and to be true I liked them both very much but I would go with the stealth. compared to Bravura these are totally different. it’s hard to make a comparison because the expanse and stealth(which sound better for my ears) are great when listening to rock music and lack a little bit when your favorite music is classic or jazz(still on a high level). The bravura’s are top notch when listening to acoustic, classic and jazz and voices are very beautiful. both are amazing headphones but for me bravura’s win because my favorite music is classic and jazz. and for the price of the bravura’s the stealth and expanse are much more expensive then the all in one bravura’s. hope I could help a little bit out but it’s hard to compare both because they are sounding both completely different and both are on a very high level.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back