Warwick Acoustics APERIO and BRAVURA
Mar 10, 2024 at 9:22 PM Post #841 of 854
Mar 10, 2024 at 10:35 PM Post #842 of 854
What is prompting your sale if I may ask?
Got a Mass Kobo 465 and I've been enjoying my music more than I ever did with the Aperio.

Mar 10, 2024 at 10:52 PM Post #843 of 854
Got a Mass Kobo 465 and I've been enjoying my music more than I ever did with the Aperio.
Great amp. I have its little brother the 394ii. I think the Mass Kobo amps and the Aperio bring different flavors of "excellent" to the table but I get it if the 465 is trumping everything for you.

Mar 11, 2024 at 2:02 AM Post #844 of 854
Great amp. I have its little brother the 394ii. I think the Mass Kobo amps and the Aperio bring different flavors of "excellent" to the table but I get it if the 465 is trumping everything for you.
Yeah I like more meat, impact and body in my music and the 465 gives me that. Now I'm researching DACs, I had a Holo May and loved it but I think I'm going for the Mola Mola Tambaqui.

Mar 11, 2024 at 9:01 AM Post #845 of 854
Yeah I like more meat, impact and body in my music and the 465 gives me that. Now I'm researching DACs, I had a Holo May and loved it but I think I'm going for the Mola Mola Tambaqui.
I haven’t heard any of the Holo DACs. I can say I greatly prefer the MMT to the Chord DACs (which some find lean) as it is very high detail w/o being fatiguing or having any digital glare. To me, it shares an essential trait with the 394ii, its sonic character is delivered with effortless authority.

Mar 12, 2024 at 3:40 PM Post #846 of 854
I haven’t heard any of the Holo DACs. I can say I greatly prefer the MMT to the Chord DACs (which some find lean) as it is very high detail w/o being fatiguing or having any digital glare. To me, it shares an essential trait with the 394ii, its sonic character is delivered with effortless authority.
Now you convinced me 100% to get a MMT. I just need to recover from the 465 but in the meantime I'll use a Holo Spring 3 KTE as my DAC

Apr 19, 2024 at 3:17 PM Post #848 of 854
I've purchased an Aperio system and really enjoying it so far. Now going to be selling my Bravura system and wanted to mention it here in case anyone is interested. Will be listing it in the Classified section shortly. Please PM me with any questions. Thanks!!
The Aperio is an excellent system.
Still my favorite out of everything I've tried.

Apr 19, 2024 at 3:25 PM Post #849 of 854
The Aperio is an excellent system.
Still my favorite out of everything I've tried.

Glad you are that happy with them! I know you were super skeptical originally, based off your experience with the Bravura.

Apr 19, 2024 at 4:02 PM Post #850 of 854
Glad you are that happy with them! I know you were super skeptical originally, based off your experience with the Bravura.
It's a great system.
The resolution seems to outpace Shang and X9000.
The bass surpasses the Susvara, which is excellent when driven properly.
In many ways, it's a great headphone.
It's not perfect, but perfection doesn't exist in this hobby.

I may end up trying the Immanis still, but I've heard they're very similar.
Hard to say if it's worth it or not. Only time will tell.
To be fair, the Aperio is 200g lighter and potentially more comfortable, while also including the electronics. Although, obviously it's more expensive, even on the used market.

Apr 19, 2024 at 4:31 PM Post #851 of 854
an open-box aperio would cost about the same as an open box lina dac + envy + susvara. i can't ever see myself taking the aperio over the latter setup. i say this having owned and really liked an M1.

Apr 19, 2024 at 4:38 PM Post #852 of 854
an open-box aperio would cost about the same as an open box lina dac + envy + susvara. i can't ever see myself taking the aperio over the latter setup. i say this having owned and really liked an M1.
I enjoy an endgame Susvara almost as much as Aperio.
That being said, I personally feel like Aperio is a better all rounder for my uses.

Apr 25, 2024 at 1:24 AM Post #854 of 854
This a good move. I‘ve had my Bravura since around November 2023 - and the Bravura is consistently sonically superb.
This ‚threshold / sub-bass‘ thing has had zero practical impact on my listening experiences.

It‘s legitimate to signal and share warnings that the Bravura is challenged by certain recordings by deep sub-bass - but this can become exaggerated.

I was lucky enough to get a new black version for just under 4k euro - which was a real stretch for me.

I believe it‘s easily worth every cent of the 7k euro new asking price.

Its sound signature as a complete system is exquisite - the dac/power/headphone/ design is outstanding.

If I had 20k to splash out - it wouldn‘t be on the Bravura‘s big sibling - but the Aperio must be divine - no doubt about that.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back