Warning to all headfiers china-highend-hifi.com is a scam!
Jan 18, 2007 at 11:40 PM Post #31 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voorbijganger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I specifically joined this forum because I have personal experience with CHH. If mr ******* dj_mocok judges me by the number of replies I can only say it is typical of his kind. But I find it a childish and very impolite reaction.

reputation and familarity with each other goes a long way here. Sorry, but thats just the culture of the forum.

Jan 19, 2007 at 4:24 PM Post #32 of 90
I agree I was not very polite. But I do hope to get the message across that in all fairness nobody on this forum has to agree to other opinions. But there is no need to be rude about it.
I do not have the impression any of you will buy from CHH anymore, but I did get my rack in good order (in fact, I ordered one, paid for one, but got three..., two wrong and one correct). Personally, I might try it again, but the good man sells nothing I currently need.

Jan 22, 2007 at 6:30 PM Post #33 of 90
Hi Voorbijganger - CHH says that their euro prices include EU VAT. Can you tell me which firm delivers to the Netherlands and is the VAT really included in the cost?

I wouldn't want to spend 4k and find I have to pay almost 1k in tax to get it out of the courier firm's hands.

regards

PMDA

Jan 24, 2007 at 3:43 AM Post #34 of 90
Chill out guys. Service in China (and parts of Hong Kong) suck. Don't use US or western standards to judge. Attitudes to privacy are different too. (Although posting personal info to a US forum is irresponsible. Posting it to a Chinese website would be fine of course
blink.gif
)

As for delayed or no responses, haven't you read the news? Earthquake nearby Taiwan cut Internet connections around Christmas time. Its still not fully back up to speed. I work in Asia and lost a lot of emails during that time. Couldn't open US sites for almost 2 weeks.

I don't think CHH is actively scamming people. They're another low margin trader of Chinese products. Expect little to no service in exchange for lower prices.

Jan 25, 2007 at 10:27 PM Post #35 of 90
Well actually, I did get a lot of service from CHH. It's a pity (for them) they don't really capitalize on it. I ordered a 3ft rack, but instead received a 1 ft and a 2 ft rack, and a coupling kit. We had a bit of an argument and then CHH (same Leung Liling) sent a 3ft rack. Only after I received it, he asked to return the first two racks, transport paid by CCH.
I made a point to him about the communication problem and he quite agreed this has to improve. And of course, as stated by others, there is a vast difference between the Chinese way of doing business and the Dutch or US way of doing business. Good service in HK isn't necessary good practice here.

Jan 26, 2007 at 12:15 AM Post #36 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeliao /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Chill out guys. Service in China (and parts of Hong Kong) suck. Don't use US or western standards to judge. Attitudes to privacy are different too. (Although posting personal info to a US forum is irresponsible. Posting it to a Chinese website would be fine of course
blink.gif
)

As for delayed or no responses, haven't you read the news? Earthquake nearby Taiwan cut Internet connections around Christmas time. Its still not fully back up to speed. I work in Asia and lost a lot of emails during that time. Couldn't open US sites for almost 2 weeks.

I don't think CHH is actively scamming people. They're another low margin trader of Chinese products. Expect little to no service in exchange for lower prices.

Double standards?

And it is possible to get very good deals with excellent customer service. It only takes 5 minutes to reply to an email. I'll give you one example. Upscale Audio: http://www.upscaleaudio.com/

Cary Audio Sixpacs Monoblocks. $2400 for a set, made in the USA, and exceptional customer service through the phone.

That price isn't too far off many Chinese tube monoblocks, and like I said I had a very pleasant experience talking to someone there.

Jan 26, 2007 at 8:14 PM Post #37 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Pak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Double standards?

And it is possible to get very good deals with excellent customer service. It only takes 5 minutes to reply to an email. I'll give you one example. Upscale Audio: http://www.upscaleaudio.com/

Cary Audio Sixpacs Monoblocks. $2400 for a set, made in the USA, and exceptional customer service through the phone.

That price isn't too far off many Chinese tube monoblocks, and like I said I had a very pleasant experience talking to someone there.

I think J-Pak does have a point. The idea 'chinahifi=good and cheap' is not always true. In the end you pay for what you get and prices in your own country may not be as bad as you thought. And there is added value when you do have a problem, transportation and communication are a lot cheaper/better. That said you buy a lot of amp for $2400 when you buy in China. I have no idea how good this American amp is, so I cannot really compare them.

Jan 26, 2007 at 11:09 PM Post #38 of 90
Never mind.

Jan 30, 2007 at 10:02 PM Post #39 of 90
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Upscale Audio is a US dealer not a Chinese/HK dealer right? I thought we were discussing dealers and not products.

Yes, I agree its possible to get good service and good price. These types of dealers should get our business as much as possible. Tying in what voorbijganger says, you're paying not just for a product but the added value of service in resolving problems, communications, and transportation.

My point is a lot of Chinese dealers undercut the good service/good price dealers by trading on very thin profit margins by reducing or completely eliminating customer service. Once something is paid and shipped out, its none of their business. And yes, there are some Chinese dealers that manage to provide good service and good prices. They just have difficulty surviving very long.

The posting personal info on US and Chinese sites line was a joke BTW. Maybe I should use a more confused looking smily.
biggrin.gif

Feb 2, 2007 at 11:35 PM Post #40 of 90
Last year I bought a Chinese amp from a Dutch retailer and not through the internet just to buy service. It cost me about 650 US$ extra and in the mean time he put up the price by another 150 US$. Still I am glad I did it that way, because I do indeed get a lot of service for the money. So I agree with Mikeliao.

Jun 25, 2010 at 9:43 PM Post #41 of 90

Quote:
blink.gif
)

It´s an old thread, bud I´ll answer anyway cause CHH was down for a while but site seems to be up again???

These are no good people to have anything to do with, trust me I know from experience!

8 month and counting, havn´t replied to as much as a single mail the entire time. I manage to get my hands on the guy a couple of times but it was always something, no parts, chinese new year (for 2 month in a row) etc...
Diamond Palace Investments Limited doesn´t answer either, I wish I could have read a bit about them before putting order.

First month when he still picked up phone he offered money back at least, yes please gimmi that, then he hasn´t answered since

So BIG yes mikelia, they are actively scamming people, there could be no doubt and I want every one to know that since most people are working hard for their money.  + this is giving solid trustworthy Chinese dealers a bad reputation as well.  Greedy lazy bast$$$s !

May 20, 2011 at 5:52 PM Post #42 of 90
I am new here as well and i have say an outright statement to say that CHH or any other site is a scam shows appalling judgement on the part of the moderators!
This site opens a door to some very good hifi gear at very very appealing prices however it would appear that some people want bentley service on a skoda budget.
I have many many years in business at a senior level and i too have engaged with CHH to buy a Yaqin preamp. Have i had difficulties communicating, of course i have, have i had quick responses and attempts to understand my needs, absolutely. I ordered a mingda preamp however was a bit stunned by the shipping costs so changed my mind to a Yaqin MS12B. I don't know when it will arrive however i see from other forums many happy customers and have no doubt taht within 4 to 6 weeks i will get a fantastic product for a bargain price.

So guys, LL and CHH provide a valuable service and don;t always get it right. Do you read 100% good press on Apple or Microsoft or Google or Facebook, of course not. Do we call them scammers.

Grow up chaps, wear long trousers and appreciate that even great companies make mistakes. If you want absolute certainty walk into your local hifi shop, pay top dollar and get the best service.

So just to address the balance : IF YOU WANT FANTASTIC HIFI AT A GREAT PRICE AND DON'T MIND WAITING A BIT SPEAK TO LL, YOU WILL BE LOOKED AFTER!

To the moderators, get your act together, if this was a UK company being slated you could get yourselves into trouble. 

May 26, 2011 at 12:32 AM Post #43 of 90
Hi, I am new here and I have to say that CHH is definitely not a SCAM as I was made to believe. I ordered an yaqin amp and I got it although it came in a bit late. LL from CHH should be more proactive and try to reply email so that customers know the status of their orders. I do not mind if the item I ordered comes in late as long as I know that it has been sent out. Due to belief that CHH is a scam, I ordered another amp from other site and ended up with two amps. Luckily my buddy was willing to buy one off me. CHH provided items at a fair and reasonable price compared to other site and I will still be a customer. Hopefully LL is looking at this and willing to change her way of dealing with customers.

Sep 29, 2011 at 5:12 AM Post #44 of 90
China highend hifi IS A SCAM AND THEY MAKE FRAUD'S TO THEY CUSTOMERS!

I'll order a YAQIN 10L amp in 2011 july. Leung Liling (the same person) answer's that they have my moneys in hong kong bank account in 25 of july. He or She all so inform me to wait, my amp is been send on a while. OK... I wait all most 2 months and I'll keep asking where is my amp!? I didn't get any replys and 2 weeks ago I made them known that I start actions if they dont answer or send my moneys back. NADA nothing, no answer. I went to my local police departmet and told them about this "fraud". They start they actions and inform the Interpol. I all so went to my bank and now they try to get my moneys back in the Hong Kong Bank. I dont care what kind of service you have from them, If you make deals and promise something you have to KEEP YOUR PROMISES!!

KEEP AWAY FROM CHINA HIGHEND HIFI IF YOU DONT WANT TO BY SOME EMPTY PROMISES!

direct quote 25 of july "Please, do not worry.  Today we have received confirmation of your payment EUR 367.00 from HSBC. Thank you very much. Please, understand that we need bit time for organizing delivery. We will come back to you soon and inform on details of delivery. With best regards from chh, Yours truly, Leung Liling"
after that NOTHING!!!!!

Sep 29, 2011 at 5:54 AM Post #45 of 90

Quote:
China highend hifi IS A SCAM AND THEY MAKE FRAUD'S TO THEY CUSTOMERS!

I'll order a YAQIN 10L amp in 2011 july. Leung Liling (the same person) answer's that they have my moneys in hong kong bank account in 25 of july. He or She all so inform me to wait, my amp is been send on a while. OK... I wait all most 2 months and I'll keep asking where is my amp!? I didn't get any replys and 2 weeks ago I made them known that I start actions if they dont answer or send my moneys back. NADA nothing, no answer. I went to my local police departmet and told them about this "fraud". They start they actions and inform the Interpol. I all so went to my bank and now they try to get my moneys back in the Hong Kong Bank. I dont care what kind of service you have from them, If you make deals and promise something you have to KEEP YOUR PROMISES!!

KEEP AWAY FROM CHINA HIGHEND HIFI IF YOU DONT WANT TO BY SOME EMPTY PROMISES!

direct quote 25 of july "Please, do not worry.  Today we have received confirmation of your payment EUR 367.00 from HSBC. Thank you very much. Please, understand that we need bit time for organizing delivery. We will come back to you soon and inform on details of delivery. With best regards from chh, Yours truly, Leung Liling"
after that NOTHING!!!!!

This thread was created back in 07. It's 2011 now. But no, you decided to go ahead with the purchase when there are people here screaming "CHH IS A FRAUD". It's your fault. Lol @ that bit about interpol. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back