WARNING: Fake IE8s! Comparison pictures included!!
Mar 19, 2013 at 10:40 PM Post #1,081 of 1,210
The thing is I have the washer and the packaging seems to be genuine as well, I also think they sound pretty good.

Mar 21, 2013 at 4:24 PM Post #1,082 of 1,210
Where do you find the serial number on the box?

Mar 22, 2013 at 8:42 PM Post #1,084 of 1,210

what do you think? real or fake
confused.gif

Mar 27, 2013 at 10:29 PM Post #1,085 of 1,210
I might be wrong but I imagine there are more than one factories turning out fakes so some might be better than others and may have varying traits. Mine are definitely fake and I had my suspicions long before I knew there were so many fakes around - One: the price was too good, and - Two: they really don 't sound anything like I expected. I don't have an 'audiophile' ear but I can discern some traits and can hear staging, etc. when it's there. The first real clue was that adjusting the bass screw had little if no effect. I've gone back to my sub-$100 NUforce NE-700X IEMs. The NUforce sound better but now I need a pair that can really benefit from my Pico amp/DAC. Thanks for posting the confirmation I needed to finally face the truth...

Mar 31, 2013 at 4:40 PM Post #1,086 of 1,210
Hi Guys,

I recently purchased a pair of IE8 at insane price from ebay £60. At first I thought they must be fake so I hold my breath.The guy who was selling them was saying that these are from liquidation stock and are genuine. Most of fakers on ebay are trying to sell the story about OEM phones and this kind of nonsense. All feedback was very positive so I took my chance.

When they come I checked the box, B letter from German was missing so it raise my suspicions but... that's it.
Logos on the headphones are razor sharp and all cabling seems to be genuine as well (shape, colour and logos on the jack, connector). Red cable exists. I was shocked for the quality (if these are fake) - looks so genuine. Cable is detachable as well. Magnet is present, photo seems so real (not yellowish) and

What about the sound, At first was pretty poor. I am an owner of proper burn in ultimate ears triple 10 (but cable connector fail so cannot use them anymore). I used them for about 3 years so I know how proper IEM should sound. My music source is cowon d2+ (some flac some high rate mp3). After burning IE8 day and night for about two weeks (with brakes) sound started to be much similar to those from ue triple 10, vocal clear, soundstage very good as well as the bass.

So I don't know I was so lucky? ( I went trough this post to compare phones which are genuine or not for few times so it doesn't make any sense to send any photos). On the box however there is v.1.5 next to bar code so maybe indicating something.

Summary, if my phones are fakes (because of the price and missing B from German box section) these must be the best fakes around, sound quality is just superb if you have a good source (from cheap samsung mp3 player was **** as well as from sony vaio z laptop jack output - sony should be ashamed for its sound system on top end laptop) but from motorola xoom tablet and cowon d2+ is just superb with pulsing bass and wide soundstage.

Maybe I was lucky to get bargain price or maybe chinese are so good I cannot say it. These phones are so genuine looking and sounding so real I am pretty confused regarding the price.

Apr 1, 2013 at 11:18 AM Post #1,087 of 1,210
Just a reminder. For fake IE8, IE80, there are various grading and are diyed by different people.
A simple search on taobao.com will give you prices ranging from 100RMB to 500RMB. 
Chinese, as they are used to fakes, buys them knowing that they are diyed, feedback that indeed there is difference between different diyed ie8/ie80. 

Apr 10, 2013 at 9:44 AM Post #1,088 of 1,210
Well, a mouse just killed my high-tier fake IE8s. Thank God it munched on the fakes instead of the authentic ones. Haha. Anyways, found out my fake pair also had the removable cable. You just have to pull and wiggle hard enough. Thought it didn't. Go figure.

May 15, 2013 at 4:08 AM Post #1,090 of 1,210
May 15, 2013 at 1:03 PM Post #1,091 of 1,210
http://www.head-fi.org/t/662312/sennheiser-ie8
not mine but i was considering these hard to tell! but it looks like the y cable is the same length.. and i enhanced the pics and it seems theres a reddish hue in the connections so there might be the red chips

May 15, 2013 at 9:24 PM Post #1,092 of 1,210
Ask for a close-up of the foam insert and a close-up of the mesh in the sound bore - two tell-tale signs of authenticity.

May 16, 2013 at 11:49 PM Post #1,094 of 1,210
Quote:
what does the mesh look like?

You know, I have a real IE8 and a fake IE8 - The mesh is more convex on the fake - you would have to have both in your possession to see the difference - the foam insert is the best determinator - the fake's have yet to be able to replicate the neat and sharp cuts in the foam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back