WARNING: Fake IE8s! Comparison pictures included!!
Feb 13, 2010 at 10:05 PM Post #421 of 1,210
Yoohoo, so not only you have hearing problems, but also sight problems :s
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/i...ke-ie8-464460/
Oh, and if you don't like this forum, why do you spend so much time over here? Don't you have better things to do than losing you precious time with us? You could be listening to your high end system or your real fakes IE8 ^^

"Once again, my phones look like those depicted as fake and they are real. Once again, the PREMISE that those characteristics are proof positive of fakes is INCORRECT and should not be relied upon as you did, Weavs."
And you're one of the only who thinks so here, and you believe that people will listen to your assumptions, backed by no single piece of evidence? Come on.

Feb 13, 2010 at 10:10 PM Post #422 of 1,210
The flaw in your argument is equating the depicted phones in this forum with those that had been taken apart. They actually look quite different. I never said there were no fake IE8s. My point has always been that the standards alleged in the original post are not reliable.

As for why I spend so much time here, Photofan, I have been a member for 5 or 6 years and have posted only a couple hundred times. You can do the math, my friend.

Well, this thread has officially disintegrated. Au Revoir.

Feb 13, 2010 at 10:19 PM Post #423 of 1,210
I requested support on sennheiser.de. My main question was: Are there any genuine Sennheiser IE 8 with non angled R/L signs? I asked this because this is evidene (discussed here) is easy to compare plus mine ones are non-angled.
What did I get answered? A text module w/o any reference what I have written. "Please buy only at authorized Sennheiser reseller" in lawyer's language. This is disappointing.

So to the forum: Is there any proof of Sennheiser has never produced non-angled R/L signs on IEM?

just my 2 cents to the people of Maybe-I-own-a-fake-but-I-don't-care-because-these-sound-great: counterfeits is a fraud & crime to steal your money/warranty/risk your live [medicaments] for maximum profit. That's it.

Feb 13, 2010 at 10:29 PM Post #426 of 1,210
Quote:

Originally Posted by zeluiz22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As for the allegation that I cant admit that my IE8s are fake, that's just more silly upon silly. I own a high end system, have been through most high end earphones, including Shure 5's and 530s, Westone 3's, etc. If mine were fake, I would have known it from day one. No confusion, like you had, Weaver.

so, ignore my discussion about why you have been personally attacked" and then create confusion by saying I alleged your IE8 are fake in my post LOL. I didn't say anything about them being fake, I suggested you could have used other language to generate real discussion and help this thread with accuracy. The problem is that wasn't your goal, your goal was to start a fight and derail this thread. Which you have done a spectauclar job of for the past couple of pages.

So now that you have accomlished you goal as you surmised, "Well, this thread has officially disintegrated. Au Revoir." please do have a good day and take your leave. Those interested in try to help determine fake equipment from real equipment will re-integrate this thread and take the time your not willing to, and try to continue to help.

As you say, Au Revoir

Feb 13, 2010 at 11:20 PM Post #427 of 1,210
Quote:

Originally Posted by apricum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
zeluiz22, so you say this R/L sign evidence is wrong, because your bought IEM at Amazon are unangled?

It's hard to say because the R/L sign is on a circular part of the phone. If you look at them head-on, they are straight. If you turn the earpiece ever so little, they appear angeled.

I think that's the problem with that photo.

My Amazon-bought phones do not have a visible red "chip cable", which means it may be underneath another cable. All I can say without doubt based on the quality of the sound is that mine are authentic.

Feb 13, 2010 at 11:46 PM Post #428 of 1,210
Quote:

Originally Posted by Photofan1986 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, ok. But then why don't you give better standards? I think this thread already helped many people, myself included. I don't believe you did.
Oh, and see ya!

My point is that I have never seen fake IE8s so I can'T give better standards. I cannot disprove a negative.

I CAN say and will again that the characteristics described in this thread are NOT proof of fake IE8s.

Feb 14, 2010 at 1:11 AM Post #429 of 1,210
Hello zeluiz22, I believe you are not a believer in burnin correct (just head burnin). So below is the history of my posts in the fakes thread and appreciation thread chronicaling my experience sonically with both headphones. Note that these posts were made way before this little donnybrook started. So assuming your correct about burnin not being real why was I posting such differences in the sound of the two IE8's if they are both real? BTW I used TF10 as my primary IEM during the whole process so my head burnin was tuned to those IEM's making head burnin a non-issue.

My first post in the fakes thread about the sound of the first IE8 was this:
Quote:

Originally Posted by dweaver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will take some pics and post them but I am 95% convinced these are the real deal.

The sound is too good to be fake I think. Having said that, I will definitely be playing with tips and such as I am getting severe ear fatigue. But I will leave those questions and posts for the appreciation thread.

My first post about those IE8 in the appreciation thread was this:
Quote:

So thats the good news, the bad news is I am having fatigue issues! I initially tried the double flange that came with the phones and loved the sound but was deaf after taking them off (I have issues with ear fatigue from treble). I then tried the large standard tips and they were more comfortable and about the same for detail but had the same fatigue issues. I tried the black foamies but they ruined the sound. I then tried my trusty Sony Hybrids and they reduced the treble making the IE8 less fatiguing but ultimately unsatsifying due to their restricted hole size. I then grabbed a pair of giant double flange tips I got with my Beta Brainwavz review IEM's and they seem to allow the detail I am wanting but without the fatigue. I have two pairs of biflange tips coming in from Ebay, I hope they are the same as this tip.

Several weeks later after I got my second pair of IE8, here was my initial thoughts about them:
Quote:

Well just recieved my pair and out of the box my phones sound exactly like your saying. I know from other IEM`s I have owned and reviewed that burnin is very real, so I am going to listen to these for the day (and days to come) but I will be burning these babies in every night for the next couple of weeks. Right now I am wondering if was crackers spending this kind of money for what they sound like, but I have faith the sound will blossom with burnin and time.

Having said that the TF10 are staying until I've at least burned these in 24hrs as the jury is still out...

I made this comment in response to a post by ThomasK where he stated the following "If I compare new without burn in (0 and 24hours) and after burn in (400+hours) there is big difference. New one has flatter bass, more of it, soundstage is much smaller, not very much details, highs in background and bad defined." So in essence my 100% authentic IE8 that came from a confirmed authorized dealer for Sennheiser sounded horrible out of the box.

Feb 14, 2010 at 1:32 AM Post #430 of 1,210
Ok, Dweaver. Not having been in your shoes, I should not have assumed your phones to have been legit and your diagnosis incorrect.

You had fakes, it seems, and you remedied the situation.

Having looked at the disassembled fakes in the other thread, I still believe that the alleged fakes in this post were legit. The disassembled fakes possessed physical and cosmetic flaws thAt were much more obvious than those pictured at the top of this thread.

Now, back to Iron & Wine on my Turbine Pro gold's as my baby daughter falls asleep on my chest.

Feb 14, 2010 at 1:50 AM Post #431 of 1,210
Hello Zeluiz22;

I have to say that I did agonize over whether I had fakes or not ALOT! As can be seen by all the photo's I posted and discussion that went on I really didn't want them to be fake, let me tell you! I also had issues with pictures, as one camera might be different than another, lighting conditions, etc all come into play. So I really wish there was a better way to determine fakes other than photo's and one persons description of sound which, let's face it might be completely different for the next person.

I think this thread serves a purpose but have to say it is flawed for all the reasons I just stated. But at least it's a start. To be honest though, since Sennheiser hasn't taken a stance in this other than to say buy from authorized resellers, in the end thats the best advice I or anyone can give to people looking to buy a pair of IE8. Otherwise you are faced with trying to determine something that is very difficult to do, especially since not only is Sennheiser capable of changing their IEM's but so are the counterfeiters. My first pair may be a good example of that, as they did have several things right that the original OP had noted. So as I said, the fakes are getting better, which blurs the line making this that much harder. I hope someone can come up with a better way to tell the difference that doesn't rely on photo's and anecdotal evidence.

One thing I think we can really agree on is this. It's ALOT FUNNER LISTENING TO MUSIC than talking about fakes LOL.

Have a great night, I'm off to watch some Olympics and play with my son.

Feb 17, 2010 at 5:59 PM Post #435 of 1,210
I agree with Joe, the cover logo looks like my new IE8 cover and the logo looks right in the 2nd picture on the IEM housing as well you can a hint of the red wire in the 2nd picture. So I think your good to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back