WARNING: Fake IE8s! Comparison pictures included!!
Feb 4, 2010 at 10:57 PM Post #361 of 1,210
I ended up using NCIX from their Canada site. Price was $350 which seemed reasonable, shipping was also reasonable at $10 plus I added $5 worth of shipping insurance to cover the full cost of the item. Excellent services and extremely fast delivery, would recommend them in a heart beat for Canadians.

Feb 5, 2010 at 5:59 AM Post #363 of 1,210
Sonically the real IE8 when brand new should be VERY BOOMY if you crank the music up and the treble will be recessed, mids will also be a bit recessed and the soundstage will be narrow. But you should notice more precision and detail than cheap IEM's and buds that come with most MP3 players if your using your original equipment still of are using anything under $50. If you have bass light IEM's or buds these will seem horrible at first as the bass has not been burned in yet.

Fakes will not have the boomy bass and as has been noted actually sound better in some ways than the real IE8's. If your IE8 are new and sound polite in the bass and don't seem to have alot of precision or detail and have any of the physical characteristics in my fake pictures or the other pictures of fakes throughout this thread or do not have the physical traits of the pictures of real IE8's you are more than likely the victim of fakes.

All pictures removed by me as I agree with Sennheiser about them helping counterfeiters. Read my post here if you would like my help.

Feb 5, 2010 at 6:54 AM Post #365 of 1,210
Quote:

Originally Posted by david1978jp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank you for photos. And don't forget the "red wire inside the jack" photo.

Thanks for the encouragement.

All pictures removed by me as I agree with Sennheiser about them helping counterfeiters. Read my post here if you would like my help.

Feb 5, 2010 at 8:57 AM Post #366 of 1,210
Thanks for the pics.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 5, 2010 at 2:17 PM Post #368 of 1,210
Quote:

Originally Posted by Szadzik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So I got my IE8s that I won for 93GBP. I will try to post some pics later on so that you can help me recognize whether they are fakes or not as I am not sure.

Throw them up and we all can try to help. Just keep an open mind, I really fought with wanting to think I had real IE8's. My pics show just how wrong the fakes were compared to the real IE8, denial is a terrible thing.

BTW my real IE8 has just hit the magical 24hrs of burnin and I can say for 100% certain if a person is buying used IE8 and are wondering if they are fake. If the sound is not the most open spacious sound you have ever heard and the treble is not detailed beyond any IEM you've heard (unless you own alot of $500+ IEM's/headphones) and they have any of the physical traits I or others have posted of the fakes or are missing the traits of the real IE8 you have FAKES!.

Feb 5, 2010 at 3:43 PM Post #369 of 1,210
I received my pair yesterday, from Razordogdeals.
If someone wants to check their site, they might have a few pairs available.
Brian (the owner) can be contacted, and he answered fast my emails (and shipped very fast too). The price is nice, and they are 100% legit.
I loved the sound, but I found that they won't "forgive" bad recordings, or badly encoded files. If your files are encoded around 160 or less kbps, or if the song is not well recorded (like too much compression, etc) you won't like the sound.
However, if you listen to flac, ape, or 256-320 mp3s, especially classical music, you will be surprised. Lots of detail, warm sound.
The only issue I have is with comfort, they are a tad too big for my ears, and I have yet to find an ideal seal with the tips provided.

Feb 5, 2010 at 8:25 PM Post #370 of 1,210
I looked at them pretty closely and they look half real-half fake, which probably indicates they are fake.

I am not worried or anything as I only put the bid for the fun of it and am not worried about it. I will claim a refund and will get my money back.

I was very busy today so I did not get a chance to listen to them, do not ask me about sound yet. Maybe on Sunday I will get some time to do some testing.

Here are the photos:

Feb 5, 2010 at 8:42 PM Post #371 of 1,210
Quote:

Originally Posted by Szadzik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I looked at them pretty closely and they look half real-half fake, which probably indicates they are fake.

I am not worried or anything as I only put the bid for the fun of it and am not worried about it. I will claim a refund and will get my money back.

I was very busy today so I did not get a chance to listen to them, do not ask me about sound yet. Maybe on Sunday I will get some time to do some testing.

Here are the photos:

Based on the lettering on the IEM housing, the headphone jack, the Y connector housing and lettering I would agree, they look fake. How did they sound?

Feb 6, 2010 at 1:39 AM Post #372 of 1,210
Quote:

Originally Posted by dweaver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Based on the lettering on the IEM housing, the headphone jack, the Y connector housing and lettering I would agree, they look fake. How did they sound?

No tests sound-wise yet. Maybe on Monday.

Feb 6, 2010 at 2:28 AM Post #374 of 1,210
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawaiiancerveza /img/forum/go_quote.gif
we are talking about just buying from a none authorized dealer right? headroom is a dealer though from what I understand.

Headroom is an authorized dealer, when you buy from any authorized dealer, nothing to worry. It is often $30~$50 difference between worry and worry-free, why does anyone want to go through sleepless nights? Think about this, if one can't get his money back? If bad sellers demand one to pay both way shipping? Where is the saving? In fact, when one buys from a reliable source, this thread is no use to him at all. Think, think, 'If It's Too Good To Be True..."

Feb 6, 2010 at 4:22 AM Post #375 of 1,210
I have had a couple of PM asking me to email or send my pics because the OP's they can't access the attachments. I believe if a new users makes one post in the thread or a thread they can see and access the attachments. Can someone with more experience on the forums here confirm this? In any case if you can't see or access the attachments and you are a new user try posting something and see what happens in regards to the attachments. I don't mind helping where I can but I won't be able to handle to many PM's like that or at the least people will be getting responses very sporadically.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back