WARNING: Fake IE8s! Comparison pictures included!!
Jan 25, 2010 at 10:15 PM Post #331 of 1,210
The sound of the fakes I had were less bass than my CKS70 and did not have the same type of soundstage I got with the CKS70 (sorry I can't compare to real IE8 as I don't own one). The treble was not bad. I think the bass knob did actually change the sound a bit but not much. Having discussed the soundstage alot with IE8 users I fully expected the IE8 to have as much or more of that quality. It was one of the sound traits that made me nervous when I tried the fakes. The physical traits were definitely missing though as well.

But they have fixed many of those traits so are getting harder to tell real from fake.

Jan 26, 2010 at 10:53 AM Post #332 of 1,210
Quote:

Originally Posted by jedi_edward007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is what i came out with following the fake report from syntec australia

The first thumbnail here shows genuine ie8 package magnet. it is metallic, shiny, reflective and solid.

second one here is a fake. obvious inferior quality. bad spots on it and greyish only, not reflective at all. this appears on both of my fake ie8s so i think this should be right.

im not sure if this is repetitive on this thread but i hope it helps. to those who have either a genuine or a fake ie8 box, correct me if im wrong. thanks. will get some more comparison pics up soon

That is kind of scary, because mine lloks like the second on the pic, and I am pretty sure they are real :s I mean, they sound good :s Geeze, I hate all that!

Jan 27, 2010 at 3:47 AM Post #335 of 1,210
Those look good from the pics Poimanders (is the first picture right or left?). Do you mind if I ask where you got them from?

Jan 27, 2010 at 12:53 PM Post #336 of 1,210
The first one I believe is the right side. I am unable to see the red from the back side although it is definately apparent from the front. Pic 4,5,6. I purchased them from razordogdeals2008 from ebay. He is an authorized dealer so I was betting they were the real mccoys. I got lucky on an auction and only paid $255 US for mine. Check out his auctions you may be able to get them that low.

Jan 27, 2010 at 9:06 PM Post #337 of 1,210
have the ie8 always had that l/r mark on the earbud jack as well as the semi-circle shaped design next to the l/r on the bud's shell? i don't remember mine having that. maybe senn updated their manufacture design? also, i won the bid for another pair. just £103.11. seller claims he got them directly from senn so should be the real deal!

Jan 27, 2010 at 11:06 PM Post #338 of 1,210
Quote:

Originally Posted by ackers07 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
have the ie8 always had that l/r mark on the earbud jack as well as the semi-circle shaped design next to the l/r on the bud's shell? i don't remember mine having that. maybe senn updated their manufacture design? also, i won the bid for another pair. just £103.11. seller claims he got them directly from senn so should be the real deal!

Yes, it has always had that semi-circled shape next to the L/R.

Jan 29, 2010 at 11:45 AM Post #339 of 1,210
Well my IE8 arrived today and while they didn't come with the box and accessories, they do sound good. Can better only get better with burn-in I guess.
smily_headphones1.gif
I think these are genuine. A bit dissapointing it didn't come with the cleaning tool (will I struggle to change the bass level?) or salt pad but I did pay £103 and the IE8 are brand new so I guess that justifies it. I didn't get all the buds either but I'm quite happy with the stock buds anyway.

So, these things hiss a bit don't they? Even with no volume. Surprising since these are Senn's flagship iem...

Jan 29, 2010 at 2:38 PM Post #340 of 1,210
Anyone have any good experiences buying from Amazon.uk?

If so, please PM me their Amazon's Username.

Or should I take the dive myself hmm..
wink.gif

Thanks

Jan 29, 2010 at 6:33 PM Post #341 of 1,210
Quote:

Well my IE8 arrived today and while they didn't come with the box and accessories, they do sound good. Can better only get better with burn-in I guess.
smily_headphones1.gif
I think these are genuine. A bit dissapointing it didn't come with the cleaning tool (will I struggle to change the bass level?) or salt pad but I did pay £103 and the IE8 are brand new so I guess that justifies it. I didn't get all the buds either but I'm quite happy with the stock buds anyway.

So, these things hiss a bit don't they? Even with no volume. Surprising since these are Senn's flagship iem...

If they are new and do not have the entire kit they are likely fakes as Sennheiser does not sell them in any other fashion. I would post alot of pics to see if they are real. Mine were fake even though they had managed to fix many of the original fake mistakes correctly. If you can find they are fakes you can see if the reseller will take them back and if not, if you used PayPal to buy them you can lodge a dispute claim.

Jan 31, 2010 at 12:28 PM Post #342 of 1,210
Quote:

Originally Posted by dweaver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If they are new and do not have the entire kit they are likely fakes as Sennheiser does not sell them in any other fashion. I would post alot of pics to see if they are real. Mine were fake even though they had managed to fix many of the original fake mistakes correctly. If you can find they are fakes you can see if the reseller will take them back and if not, if you used PayPal to buy them you can lodge a dispute claim.

They were sent from Senn to the seller as compensation because the seller injured himself using a previous model, so that's why it wasn't the full kit. They are definitely genuine. Sound is fantastic, 1000x better than the fakes I had.
ksc75smile.gif

Jan 31, 2010 at 6:17 PM Post #343 of 1,210
Quote:

They were sent from Senn to the seller as compensation because the seller injured himself using a previous model, so that's why it wasn't the full kit. They are definitely genuine. Sound is fantastic, 1000x better than the fakes I had.
ksc75smile.gif

well... in that case AWESOME!!!
ksc75smile.gif

Feb 1, 2010 at 12:04 AM Post #344 of 1,210
Quote:

ksc75smile.gif

Uh, what happened? Did the seller trip over the cord? Insert an IEM too deep?

Feb 2, 2010 at 2:02 PM Post #345 of 1,210
Quote:

Originally Posted by average_joe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Uh, what happened? Did the seller trip over the cord? Insert an IEM too deep?

In the letter from Senn to the seller it says "I am sorry to hear of the recent incident and trust that the cut is healing well" so it must've been to do with inserting it into his ear badly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back