WARNING: Fake IE8s! Comparison pictures included!!
Jan 22, 2010 at 2:59 PM Post #317 of 1,210
Just asked for a refund from the seller, and thus the waiting game begins. If no reponse or negative response from him I will be lodging a complaint with PayPal.

Jan 22, 2010 at 3:15 PM Post #318 of 1,210
im glad you find that out early and be able to do something about it. good luck with the refund process and do provide some input here to help future head-fiers. fake ie8s are so depressing. this thread will go forever if such situations cant be helped.

Jan 22, 2010 at 3:25 PM Post #319 of 1,210
This is what i came out with following the fake report from syntec australia

The first thumbnail here shows genuine ie8 package magnet. it is metallic, shiny, reflective and solid.

second one here is a fake. obvious inferior quality. bad spots on it and greyish only, not reflective at all. this appears on both of my fake ie8s so i think this should be right.

im not sure if this is repetitive on this thread but i hope it helps. to those who have either a genuine or a fake ie8 box, correct me if im wrong. thanks. will get some more comparison pics up soon

Jan 22, 2010 at 4:21 PM Post #320 of 1,210
So the seller was unable to show proof of purchase (he stated they were a gift from his sister) and is fully willing to refund me my money. I will be shipping these back this weekend with fully tracked packaging with a signature on his end for reciept in case there are any issues in which case I will then lodge a compalint with PayPal.

My suspicion is he is the victim of fakes just like me and he will honor his return policy in order to keep his Ebay rating up. Sucks still as I lose alot of money in shipping costs but at least I get the majority of my funds back. I will use those funds and save for a pair from NCIX for $350 as I still want to get a pair.

It is sad as these did sound pretty darn good. But the physical evidence is to overwhelming aginst these.

Lessons from this are:

Fakes now have the lettering right for left and right on the IEM, they have also improved the fakes in that the line on the IEM is now the correct length as is the length of the connector at the IEM. The bleeping fake manufacturers are getting better at their replica's!

Jan 22, 2010 at 6:06 PM Post #321 of 1,210
Glad dweaver that you could take your money back with no problem,the ie8 really deserve saving for it.

Jan 22, 2010 at 7:07 PM Post #322 of 1,210
Yup but once bitten twice shy as they say. I will definitely be buying new form NCIX or another authorized reseller. If I really know the seller and they have good feedback along with a TON of pics showing the IE8 within the FS forum I may go that route but otherwise it will be new IEM's for me... I imagine by the time this is all sorted out I should almost have enough money saved up for IE8's. I also am going to try the CKS70 filter mod and see if that opens them up enough that I don't feel a burning need to go IE8.

Thanks for all the help everyone.

Jan 23, 2010 at 10:06 PM Post #323 of 1,210
I am getting ready to ship these fakes back to the seller, but before I do. For anyone who has gone through this type of thing. The seller has sent me a message saying to ship him back the items and he will refund me the money. Should I just send these back using a return process that requires signature on his end for proof of delivery?

Jan 23, 2010 at 11:09 PM Post #324 of 1,210
If you paid through paypal, I would file a paypal dispute as the item was not as described. You don't have to go through with it, but it is protection for you. I did this when I was sold an item that was not as described, and then the seller offered to pay my return shipping. I ended up putting in that my dispute was resolved later (after the seller agreed to accept the return and pay return shipping) with no record of the dispute for the seller.

In your case, paypal should be happy with delivery confirmation, but if signature confirmation is not that much more (or if you can get the seller to pay return shipping), why not go for the signature confirmation.

Good luck, and sorry you picked up a fake.

Jan 25, 2010 at 2:20 PM Post #325 of 1,210
real or fake?

IE8.jpg

IE8-II.jpg

those are the sellers pictures.

Jan 25, 2010 at 7:20 PM Post #328 of 1,210
Quote:

Originally Posted by votdfak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One thing to add... Fake IE8's got better sound than my Shure 530's
biggrin.gif

Haha then I think you have fake SE530
biggrin.gif

Guys since the fakes are so hellbent on replicating the physical traits of the genuine IE8s can someone describe how these fakes sound. I've only seen post indicating that they sound horrible compared to the real ones but never really an actual impression of the sound.

Jan 25, 2010 at 8:06 PM Post #329 of 1,210
mine had no soundstage, sounded worse than my re2, boxed-in, bloated bass, bass hardly changed on low/max settings, intstrument seperation was poor, just generally sounded like crap. Comparable to the sound that 99p throw-away earbuds make.

though it didn't sound half as bad using the mach3bass preset of my cowon s9.

Jan 25, 2010 at 8:30 PM Post #330 of 1,210
Dweaver's close up compared to mine. They certain are fixing some problems, but you still can't fix mold quality. The bass knob is also significantly different between the fake and real.

New%20Fake%20to%20Real%20IE8.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back