WARNING: Fake IE8s! Comparison pictures included!!
Jan 13, 2010 at 2:01 PM Post #272 of 1,210
me too and mine was genuine.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 14, 2010 at 2:27 PM Post #278 of 1,210
Quote:

Originally Posted by plug /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are these real?

The picture showing all the stuff included looks like all the right bits and stuff but the price seems a bit low for new but not a lot low. If it was IE8 at that price I would be screaming fakes for sure. Not sure what the actual warranty of the IE7 is I know the IE8 have a 2 year warranty, you may want to investigate that.

The sellers says he accepts returns (you would lose shipping costs though) plus if you use PayPal they will give you added protection. So it's up to you if you want to take a chance, but I think you would be OK

Jan 16, 2010 at 4:23 AM Post #280 of 1,210
A wild ride
Don’t really understand the “Authorized Dealer” situation with Sennheiser because I first bought a set through a reputable dealer from Amazon Market place, but found out later they were on the “Not Authorized Dealer” list so I sent them back for a full refund even though they were opened. I have since figured out they were real (thanks to the information here). After that I re-ordered the IE8’s through an online “Authorized Dealer” and received what was clearly a counterfeit set. They fit all the criteria here for counterfeits and the sound was terrible. This Authorized Dealer sent me a new set over night with free shipping after I called them and told them the set I received was defective (didn’t say counterfeit). The replacment set is real. My question/comment is what makes an “Authorized Dealer” other than price, and it seems that Sennheiser ‘s lack of concern or greed is fueling this counterfeit market.

Jan 16, 2010 at 8:28 AM Post #281 of 1,210
Quote:

Originally Posted by RacerX1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A wild ride
Don’t really understand the “Authorized Dealer” situation with Sennheiser because I first bought a set through a reputable dealer from Amazon Market place, but found out later they were on the “Not Authorized Dealer” list so I sent them back for a full refund even though they were opened. I have since figured out they were real (thanks to the information here). After that I re-ordered the IE8’s through an online “Authorized Dealer” and received what was clearly a counterfeit set. They fit all the criteria here for counterfeits and the sound was terrible. This Authorized Dealer sent me a new set over night with free shipping after I called them and told them the set I received was defective (didn’t say counterfeit). The replacment set is real. My question/comment is what makes an “Authorized Dealer” other than price, and it seems that Sennheiser ‘s lack of concern or greed is fueling this counterfeit market.

What?!? That is disturbing! Sennheiser should address this!

Jan 16, 2010 at 11:53 AM Post #282 of 1,210
Quote:

Originally Posted by plug /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If it comes with a manufacturers guarantee does that mean it must be genuine? Seller has sold a pair of these before and the buyer has said it was 100% genuine so I guess it is

This seller also has ie8's at £149 free delivery which is a bargain price but not so low as to be unbelievable.
Sealed Sennheiser IE8 sound isolating earphones Headset on eBay (end time 19-Jan-10 03:19:02 GMT)
He has a large amount of pretty near perfect feedback over a range of items. In his listing he mentions the 2yr warranty but then contradicts himself in his small print which states one year - and the rest of it is legally incorrect. Your contract is with the retailers, not the manufacturer.

"[size=xx-small]Brand new Items always comes with one year manufacture warranty,
All our customers in case find any difficulty with that brand new product or any technical problems, must contact product manufacture (costumers services, service centre) for replacement or solving the problem Under that one year manufacture warrant.,
The contact information of product service centre always provided with the documents come with that product.
As this is the policy of the all super stores like curry's, PC world and other[/size]
"

So my usual eBay antennae would suggest that this is a genuine "market stall" ebay dealer especially as personal collection is possible, he probably 'believes' his stock is genuine but will wriggle & squirm if any 'aftersales' problems (but probaby would have simply refunded the money if threatened with paypal/ebay dispute process) - so normally I would've happily bought a set from him. However, this thread has made me think once, twice, three times about trying to buy a discounted set...

Jan 16, 2010 at 3:38 PM Post #283 of 1,210
Hmmmmm...........looks like Sennheiser have updated the packaging a little bit.

Sennheiser IE 8 -IE Series Ear-Canal Phones: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

The worrying thing I just thought of, is that since the sound doesn't reach it's full potential until extended burning:

if you have any doubt of the authenticity of the product, you won't know if the poor sound is due to a lack of burn in or a countrfeit set.

Jan 18, 2010 at 3:54 PM Post #285 of 1,210
Quote:

Originally Posted by langtoftlad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This seller also has ie8's at £149 free delivery which is a bargain price but not so low as to be unbelievable.
Sealed Sennheiser IE8 sound isolating earphones Headset on eBay (end time 19-Jan-10 03:19:02 GMT)
He has a large amount of pretty near perfect feedback over a range of items. In his listing he mentions the 2yr warranty but then contradicts himself in his small print which states one year - and the rest of it is legally incorrect. Your contract is with the retailers, not the manufacturer.

The seller lives near me and they apparently have a retail shop, so I'm planning on going there and checking them out for myself. I reckon they're fake but you just don't know. But of course I've nothing to lose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back