WARNING: Fake IE8s! Comparison pictures included!!
Dec 22, 2009 at 7:45 PM Post #151 of 1,210
^^ Ok thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 23, 2009 at 6:05 PM Post #152 of 1,210
My IE8s have arrived and after making comparisons with the descriptions here, I am pretty sure they're... not fakes!
biggrin.gif

I was sweating a bit there. The thing that clinched it was the off-centre L and R markings and the internal red wire on the R. Oh and of course the sound. Although I can't see how I'll need any more bass than the basic setting. I'll see what happens when they burn in.

Dec 24, 2009 at 6:11 AM Post #153 of 1,210
Quote:

Originally Posted by Capital /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well it looks like I've been burned by fake IE8s. I've started a dispute through PayPal. Does anyone know if/where I can get some kind of document from Sennheiser explaining the fakes to backup my claim?

As of now it's just his word against mine based on the information in this thread.

There are no document from Sennheiser, I emailed to sennheiser about fake IE8 but still no response from them, base on my experienced I just send some pic and inform the seller about this thread

I bought it from eBay
NEW-SENNHEISER-IE8-EARBUDS-IN-EAR-HEADPHONES_W0QQitemZ140356358238QQcmdZViewItemQQpt ZOther_MP3_Player_Accessories?hash=item20ade4105e

Fortunately the seller agree to refund my money after I send back the fake IE8, and dispute him through paypall, good luck....

Dec 26, 2009 at 9:06 PM Post #154 of 1,210
Damn, well I've been ripped then it seems! My IE8's have no red inside the L/R jacks, just what appears to be two pieces of wire covered in solder like a previous post mentioned, also the 'S' logo on the tin has straight lines and not the curves depicted in the real ones... I got my IE8's from ebay for a buy it now price of £120 and the listing even specificly said these were genuine and to watch out for 'many fakes on the market'. Ironic that.

I did wonder, when I first head them, if the IE8's really needed THAT much burn-in. I mean they sounded like a 99p pair of phones that I bought from a corner shop!

edit: here's the listing http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=320460913869

Dec 27, 2009 at 12:16 AM Post #156 of 1,210
Quote:

Originally Posted by ackers07 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Damn, well I've been ripped then it seems! My IE8's have no red inside the L/R jacks, just what appears to be two pieces of wire covered in solder like a previous post mentioned, also the 'S' logo on the tin has straight lines and not the curves depicted in the real ones... I got my IE8's from ebay for a buy it now price of £120 and the listing even specificly said these were genuine and to watch out for 'many fakes on the market'. Ironic that.

I did wonder, when I first head them, if the IE8's really needed THAT much burn-in. I mean they sounded like a 99p pair of phones that I bought from a corner shop!

edit: here's the listing BRAND NEW Sennheiser IE8 IE 8 Earphones Headphones on eBay (end time 12-Dec-09 17:55:24 GMT)

Yeah, like I said in my original post, some eBayer's will put up real IE8 images and even warn you that there are fakes on the market, and then end up sending you counterfeits. It's really a lucrative business. Can you take a close-up of the Sennheiser logo on the actual body of the IEM? I think that the logo on the body is the hardest to replicate for the counterfeits.

@GN85: Well, I do not know what the body is made out of, but it certainly doesn't seem to be made out of cheap plastic. It's very hard and seems to be more like a metal than plastic to me, but who knows
tongue.gif
. The truth is that the real IE8s do exhibit a lot of noise on the body (when taken with flash) because of the reflection of the material on them.

Dec 27, 2009 at 12:50 AM Post #157 of 1,210
Hello SolidVictory,Thank You so very much 4 Your valuable information.Last night as I was surfing I typed in Fake Sennheiser IE8's & presto,up came Your Post.After careful examination,following along with Your pictures,My New IE8's did indeed turn out to be Counterfeits ;-( I bought them thru Amazon(3 weeks ago) & a very reputable seller who I immediately contacted.He refunded My money without question(in Minutes) as I also sent him the URL link to Your Post.Thank You My Friend :wink: You may just save people 1000's of $$ in record time.I have since in the last(24hrs.) sent Your link to many more.Though Your post is not a review,I believe it's people like You who should win a FREE RSA HR2 & the like :wink: in any contest give away.As it's these types of Posts that are sometimes more valuable & imformative then most!
Again a Heartfelt Thank You from another JR.
You've got a "SOLID" Friend & Thanks for a "VICTORY" Here :wink:
Best 2 All in the Internet World.

Dec 27, 2009 at 1:04 AM Post #158 of 1,210
Hello ackers07 & all that read SoildVictory's Post.Send his post as I did,that's more than enough proof.Especially for PayPal/CreditCard insurer(as My case) & most honest sellers.Also You can contact Sennheiser & the FBI Fraud unit & they are more than willing to help nab these Thieves & will get Your money back in most cases.Plus alert eBay immediately & they WILL stop the Seller or Seller's dead in their tracks.Of this I can assure You.
An eBay WatchGroup Founding Member,
Roger

Dec 27, 2009 at 1:15 AM Post #159 of 1,210
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dj TechnoWinstrol /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have my veredit, they earphones are FAKE. Why? The bar code area has all the answers! Look at the bar code and compare it with te position of the SENHEISER word and Logo, on the originals the barcode starts after the "R", on the Fake it starts from the "E". If you do the same wit the features logos you will find the same, they correspond with different letters. The senheiser "S" logo on originals is between the first and second triangle, on fakes it is between second and third one.

Can someone else verify this? Can anyone take some pics of some real box bar code and label. I seem to have the "fake" box but both of my earphones have thin lines around the S logo and both have red wires in them. Even the L connector has red wire as well. I'm pretty confused.

Dec 27, 2009 at 1:50 AM Post #160 of 1,210
I just got a pair of ie8s: They fake or real? Sorry for bad pics and bad lighting...

img1386z.jpg

img1376z.jpg

img1380o.jpg

img1381c.jpg

img1374g.jpg

img1369p.jpg

img1370d.jpg

Dec 27, 2009 at 2:33 AM Post #162 of 1,210
Yah it's glossy. My digital cam didn't pick it up however...

Dec 27, 2009 at 2:36 AM Post #163 of 1,210
Hello ceekay84,
The best proof that stood out on My "FAKES" was the 1/8" connector end(plug-in).(last picture in SV's photo's) It was almost SEE - THRU,(Sure sign of Counterfeits!)whereas the REAL mcCoys(IE8's) are NOT see-thru(very dense black) & hard NOT soft. And YES,if You see red in both ..Sorry ceekay84,,, "FAKES"
Take a closer look at SolidVictory's pictures.They clearly show Real Or Fake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back