WARNING: Fake IE8s! Comparison pictures included!!
Dec 14, 2009 at 10:20 PM Post #121 of 1,210
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmcg888 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My fakes

Yellow Open here strip is smaller and duller.
Imageshack - 73144486

The S on the back of the fake earphone has a moat around it
Imageshack - 14435819
Imageshack - 32047112

Real one photos, quite a blatant difference (i think!) Massive images!
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z...pi/IEM/ie8.jpg
http://robfollis.org/photolibrary/Se...close-dark.jpg

Oh and i wouldn't worry about the L and R lettering being turned or not. From some official photos they are turned and some the aren't.

damn, I couldn't see the difference between Fake and real one...............

Sorry to hear you got the fake one,good luck, man

There are massive IE8 floating around FS forum now..........horrendous, don't know which one selling fake one

Dec 14, 2009 at 10:43 PM Post #122 of 1,210
Quote:

Originally Posted by jynjyn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi, one of the sellers in amazon has supplied me with these pictures for a used set (there's a tear on the box). Can anyone please help me verify the authenticity of these IE8s. He claims it to be genuine and has been receiving about 3000+ positive feedback.

Really hope my upgrade from my IE7s goes well with this..

Ask the seller to supply better pictures. Those don't show enough.

Dec 14, 2009 at 11:25 PM Post #124 of 1,210
Quote:

Originally Posted by kobayashi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ask the seller to supply better pictures. Those don't show enough.

Which kind of pictures? More of the box or the headphones?

Dec 15, 2009 at 11:47 AM Post #126 of 1,210
Quote:

Hi, one of the sellers in amazon has supplied me with these pictures for a used set (there's a tear on the box). Can anyone please help me verify the authenticity of these IE8s. He claims it to be genuine and has been receiving about 3000+ positive feedback.

Really hope my upgrade from my IE7s goes well with this..

More closeups of the pictures from the Amazon seller.

I could see the red wire, but could not not tell about the S logo on the right earpiece

Dec 15, 2009 at 1:30 PM Post #127 of 1,210
As one of the few Authorized Dealers on eBay, I can tell you that all these fakes have come out of nowhere! When I started selling this item, there were none, now they are everywhere. Wholesale cost is around $250 and MAP is $399 so if you EVER SEE the buy it now price for under $300, they are FAKE!

I've even had to resort to posting a pic of my invoices from Sennheiser to prove I'm a dealer. It's a shame that it's come to that.

Sennheiser IE 8 Professional Portable IE8 Earphones NEW - eBay (item 350291394682 end time Dec-19-09 16:32:57 PST)

Dec 15, 2009 at 10:52 PM Post #129 of 1,210
Quote:

Originally Posted by RazorDog! Deals /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As one of the few Authorized Dealers on eBay, I can tell you that all these fakes have come out of nowhere! When I started selling this item, there were none, now they are everywhere. Wholesale cost is around $250 and MAP is $399 so if you EVER SEE the buy it now price for under $300, they are FAKE!

I've even had to resort to posting a pic of my invoices from Sennheiser to prove I'm a dealer. It's a shame that it's come to that.

Sennheiser IE 8 Professional Portable IE8 Earphones NEW - eBay (item 350291394682 end time Dec-19-09 16:32:57 PST)

I can confirm IE8 fakes (whether he realizes it or not) being sold by the following eBay seller, so watch out!

eBay My World - premium-earphones

Also, confirmed with Sennheiser that RazorDogDeals is an authorized seller. Excellent to work with!

Dec 15, 2009 at 11:40 PM Post #130 of 1,210
Quote:

More closeups of the pictures from the Amazon seller.

I could see the red wire, but could not not tell about the S logo on the right earpiece

It looks real to me. The logo does seem to have very thin lines that barely touch the "S", which is how it's supposed to be.

I would still be hesitant buying any IE8s used though. Who knows what they will incorporate to make them look as realistic as possible.

Dec 16, 2009 at 12:34 AM Post #131 of 1,210
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiFi-Freak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wonder if it is possible for an 'authorised dealer' to stock fake IE8's?

I'm not sure how exactly the authorised dealers are supplied so I'm wondering whether their suppliers have to be acknoweldged by Sennheiser themselves as a genuine supplier or if these authorized shop dealers just go ahead and pick any supplier.

If the latter is the case, couldn't it be possible that an authorised dealer chooses a fake supplier and then mistakenly sells fake products from their authorised dealership?

I wonder if anyone here can shed some light on this.

-edit-

Oh and thanks for posting this comparison SolidVictory

When the fake looks so close anything is possible. Best Buy is an authorized dealer. There is nothing stopping the employee there from switching them out. In a bigger business the stakes are even higher.

Dec 16, 2009 at 2:41 AM Post #132 of 1,210
Quote:

Originally Posted by SolidVictory /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It looks real to me. The logo does seem to have very thin lines that barely touch the "S", which is how it's supposed to be.

I would still be hesitant buying any IE8s used though. Who knows what they will incorporate to make them look as realistic as possible.

I went to their shop today in London, tested it and it was genuine. Paid £121 quid for it. Compared to buying it on ebay which was cheaper for about £90-£100 quid, being able to test drive it gave me a sense of comfort.

Currently selling my IE7s now. :)

Dec 16, 2009 at 4:00 AM Post #133 of 1,210
Quote:

I went to their shop today in London, tested it and it was genuine. Paid £121 quid for it. Compared to buying it on ebay which was cheaper for about £90-£100 quid, being able to test drive it gave me a sense of comfort.

Currently selling my IE7s now. :)

£121,Good price!!

Dec 20, 2009 at 1:50 AM Post #135 of 1,210
Quote:

Originally Posted by votdfak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Update:

Amazon gave me full refund on those fake IE8's.

Disgusted with that I purchased Shure SE530 PTH.

I like to call it destiny.

If you believe in destiny then you're destined to meet a pair of real IE8s in the future and then you'll give up your SE530's
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back