WARNING: Fake IE8s! Comparison pictures included!!
Dec 8, 2009 at 6:34 PM Post #108 of 1,210
Quote:

Originally Posted by votdfak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@kobayashi

Just asking... Then I'll order directly from Amazon...

Soundearphones (a site sponsor) also matches prices and is an authorized dealer. I'd try them as well.

Dec 9, 2009 at 2:15 AM Post #110 of 1,210
Quote:

Some pictures of fake senns I've promised. Amazon will process my claim by 20th December. Seller has disappeared from Amazon, doesn't reply to emails, etc. Very funny
smily_headphones1.gif
. I am planning to order new from Sarjo. Sarjo anyone?

@SolidVictory

Thanks for your replies

Who did you order from in Amazon? Did you order from a third party seller? Now I'm starting to worry but I ordered from Amazon itself. Is there a chance that it's fake? HELP!! Anyone?

Dec 9, 2009 at 3:23 AM Post #111 of 1,210
My IE8 also has visible red cable inside the plug but the L/R letter is not angled.

I can't believe mine is fake as I bought from the largest electronic store in Hong Kong with warranty card from sennheiser.

So, what's wrong with the L/R letter?

Dec 9, 2009 at 10:49 AM Post #113 of 1,210
@Illuminator

Ordered from DLP Distributions (Kevin Pena), not Amazon. So, you shouldn't worry about it. This guy disappeared from Amazon Marketplace...

Dec 10, 2009 at 10:16 PM Post #115 of 1,210
Hi all, just joined because of this thread.I bought a pair of IE8' off Ebay last Friday and very excited about my new purchase I tried to read a few more reviews. I stumbled across this thread and my heart sank. I didnt even know people faked headphones, naive I know.

Anyway my seller had 100% positive on 60 sales so I was hopeful. They arrived and I pretty much knew they were fake. i was kind of hoping everyone here was being overly suspicious. Then I plugged them in and they were pretty awful. I am no audiophile but I was very disappointed for the price I paid.

I went into town to compare my phones to the authorized dealers and to me it was pretty obvious they were fake. The guys in the shop were shocked. So I bought a new pair off a real dealer just because I was so annoyed. Got them for £170 cash in the end, but worth it for piece of mind. I am going to lodge a complaint to paypal to try get my money back. The real ones sound pretty great so far!
All in all I'd like to thank the OP for saving me all the disappointment of thinking that the IE8's were awful earphones!

The main differences to look for, I think, are the yellow strip on the bottom of the box being a lot smaller. The Sennheiser "S" on the back of the phones. The real ones have are on one flat piece of plasti and are shiny while the fakes have a little "moat" around them and are less raised and not shiny. Its hard to explain so I will try to post pics!

Dec 10, 2009 at 10:33 PM Post #116 of 1,210
Dec 11, 2009 at 1:37 AM Post #117 of 1,210
Quote:

@Illuminator

Ordered from DLP Distributions (Kevin Pena), not Amazon. So, you shouldn't worry about it. This guy disappeared from Amazon Marketplace...

Phew! I was beginning to freak out! Crazy. Anyway I'm really sorry about your IE8s.

Dec 14, 2009 at 4:37 PM Post #119 of 1,210
Hi, one of the sellers in amazon has supplied me with these pictures for a used set (there's a tear on the box). Can anyone please help me verify the authenticity of these IE8s. He claims it to be genuine and has been receiving about 3000+ positive feedback.

Really hope my upgrade from my IE7s goes well with this..

Dec 14, 2009 at 10:15 PM Post #120 of 1,210
Quote:

Originally Posted by jynjyn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi, one of the sellers in amazon has supplied me with these pictures for a used set (there's a tear on the box). Can anyone please help me verify the authenticity of these IE8s. He claims it to be genuine and has been receiving about 3000+ positive feedback.

Really hope my upgrade from my IE7s goes well with this..

i think it's real~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back