WARNING! AUDIO-GD POWER CORDS IMPROPERLY WIRED!
Jul 15, 2011 at 3:11 PM Post #31 of 58
What's all this talk of balls and electricity? I don't think those two should connect (unless you're into that sort of thing). 
wink.gif

Jul 15, 2011 at 3:19 PM Post #32 of 58
Jul 15, 2011 at 9:57 PM Post #33 of 58
My older audio-GD cord with the clear red plugs was backwards, had to fix that.  My newer cord with the black & white plugs was okay.

Jul 16, 2011 at 2:25 PM Post #34 of 58
anyone contact Audio-GD about their mistake?

Jul 16, 2011 at 2:47 PM Post #35 of 58

Quote:
anyone contact Audio-GD about their mistake?

Yes, they know. And were urged to make a public announcement of it themselves. They chose not to. I was asked to give them 24 hours before posting about it here. I gave them over 48 hours.

se

Jul 17, 2011 at 6:42 PM Post #36 of 58
I think they do notice that now, as they made it today on their website "17th July:   To customers from USA, Japan, Canada, Thailand, Brazil and Taiwan:  Stop free the US power cable with our gears . Users want to buy a power cable for the gear . " I guess we have to buy a new cable then?

Jul 18, 2011 at 1:57 AM Post #38 of 58
This is not a company I will be doing any business with in the future. Something that they sell could potentially cause damage and the best they do is put a horribly worded notice on their website. That's a joke.

Jul 18, 2011 at 4:55 AM Post #39 of 58

Quote:
What if I just use a different power chord from like a pc power chord, would that work? 

Commercial cords are normally going to be wired correctly. You should have no problem. 

Jul 19, 2011 at 8:15 PM Post #41 of 58
All 3 of my older A-gd cables ( 1.5 years old or more) were also reversed which I corrected last evening. I have other aftermarket Chinese cables that were also checked (6 of them) but they were all correctly wired for US code which was a bit of relief since they are way harder to work on than the A-gd cords.

Peete.

Jul 20, 2011 at 11:54 PM Post #42 of 58
Holy cow, my A-GD cord from two years ago is also backwards.
I used it for the longest time without issues.  I've had it put away since picking up a different one (and correctly made, lol).  It is also a bit corroded.

So the only danger was risk of shock?

Jul 21, 2011 at 12:02 AM Post #43 of 58
Shock, fire, or various other types of electrical mayhem if something goes wrong inside of whatever its powering.  It all depends on what goes wrong inside the device its connected to.

Its like airbags or a seat belt.  It doesn't matter that its broken right up until you need it.

Jul 21, 2011 at 3:24 AM Post #44 of 58
What if I just use a different power chord from like a pc power chord, would that work? 
Look for a UL certification on the power cord. All UL approved power cords will be wired correctly.

I only run UL approved power cords in my system, just like I make sure the electrical wiring in my home complies with code.

Jul 21, 2011 at 3:41 AM Post #45 of 58

Quote:
Holy cow, my A-GD cord from two years ago is also backwards.
I used it for the longest time without issues.  I've had it put away since picking up a different one (and correctly made, lol).  It is also a bit corroded.

So the only danger was risk of shock?

It could also possibly cause hum problems which can  be next to impossible to solve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back