Warning: Always wash your sheets before first use!
Jul 4, 2008 at 1:13 PM Post #16 of 35
What! you have to wash your sheets? I just beat them with a stick

Jul 4, 2008 at 3:20 PM Post #17 of 35
If you are talking about the cream I think you are, which is similar to the one I had when I got poison Ivy, all it does is stretch and thin out the skin and fights the rash/bumps.

Sorry weight lifting during this would probably have no extra effects... :p

Jul 4, 2008 at 3:26 PM Post #18 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well its mostly gone now. Only a few patches and itchy bumps on my neck. I went to the doctor and he gave me some steroids cream, which I thought would make my face all muscly but it doesn't seem to be doing that
confused.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snicewicz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you are talking about the cream I think you are, which is similar to the one I had when I got poison Ivy, all it does is stretch and thin out the skin and fights the rash/bumps.

Sorry weight lifting during this would probably have no extra effects... :p

Wrong type of steroids. The creams locally suppresses immune response and is an anti inflammatory.

Jul 4, 2008 at 3:35 PM Post #19 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well its mostly gone now. Only a few patches and itchy bumps on my neck. I went to the doctor and he gave me some steroids cream, which I thought would make my face all muscly but it doesn't seem to be doing that
confused.gif

So did the Doctor ever say what it was?

As a general rule of thumb, you should always wash clothing, linens, etc. you buy from the store before using them. They probably simply repackaged the sheets after someone returned them.
eek.gif

Jul 4, 2008 at 3:47 PM Post #20 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by ecclesand /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So did the Doctor ever say what it was?

As a general rule of thumb, you should always wash clothing, linens, etc. you buy from the store before using them. They probably simply repackaged the sheets after someone returned them.
eek.gif

Good advice. I always wash sheets, towels, washcloths and any and all clothing before using or wearing. Same goes for dishes, glasses, pots, pans and anything used for food prep and serving. You don't know what chemicals, dirt or what have you remains on these things after the manufacturing processes.

Jul 4, 2008 at 3:49 PM Post #21 of 35
Hey, I left my "strange rough slightly orange scaly patches" on a sheet in a store the other day. Now I know were they went.

It's okay, though. You can keep em.

Jul 4, 2008 at 5:08 PM Post #22 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Singapura /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lizardman.jpg

I'm reminded of a line from The Fifth Element:

"Sir, do you classify yourself as human?"
eek.gif

Jul 4, 2008 at 6:23 PM Post #23 of 35
Hehe, that was funny!

When you buy laundry detergent, is it advisable to wash that too?
eek.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Budgie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey, I left my "strange rough slightly orange scaly patches" on a sheet in a store the other day. Now I know were they went.

It's okay, though. You can keep em.

Jul 4, 2008 at 6:58 PM Post #25 of 35
It's a good idea to wash anything that you'll be resting on. I worked in retail during one of my summers off from college handling stock in the backroom. Some of those boxes came straight from foreign countries, and you could almost smell the sweat labor when the boxes were opened. Several boxes had oil spots down the sides, and though I tried to avoid them, I ended up with an awful case of urushiol-induced contact dermatitis (a.k.a. poison something-or-other) down my entire left forearm, where I'd been carrying them. It made work miserable for a few months, even with hydrocortisone cream. Wash everything before first use!

Jul 4, 2008 at 7:24 PM Post #26 of 35
Ugh, that's a really uncomfortable image. I guess I'm glad I wash my sheets.

Jul 4, 2008 at 10:35 PM Post #27 of 35
You should also wash all articles of clothing before the first time you wear them for the same reasons....chemicals leaching out of the dyes, and from the manufacturing process.

Jul 4, 2008 at 10:39 PM Post #28 of 35
My guess is you had an allergic reaction to the dye residue left on the sheet.

Jul 4, 2008 at 11:48 PM Post #30 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by infinitesymphony /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's a good idea to wash anything that you'll be resting on. I worked in retail during one of my summers off from college handling stock in the backroom. Some of those boxes came straight from foreign countries, and you could almost smell the sweat labor when the boxes were opened. Several boxes had oil spots down the sides, and though I tried to avoid them, I ended up with an awful case of urushiol-induced contact dermatitis (a.k.a. poison something-or-other) down my entire left forearm, where I'd been carrying them. It made work miserable for a few months, even with hydrocortisone cream. Wash everything before first use!

Eeew that sounds terrible D:

Yeah, these sheets were made in Pakistan so they could have had anything on them :O

Users who are viewing this thread

Back