Warmest solid state amp?
Jun 7, 2023 at 7:08 AM Post #31 of 38
The Asgard 3 was very very warm to me. Bigger stage and low end bump for sure. However, the lower end seemed a bit loose and sloppy for me. It was also a bit too rolled off in the treble region for me. Wasn't the biggest fan of the amp in general. It's funny because I was in the camp that amps didn't really change sound before getting it in, but boy was I wrong.

The Jot 2 is much more to my taste, still adds some stage/bass impact/and dynamics compared to something like a THX amp or topping, but still has enough clarity and detail for me. Significantly less "warm" than the Asgard.

If you are looking for warm warm, the Asgard 3 certainly was for me. Also consider the Magni Piety, which is supposed to sound "tube-like" while still being solid state. It's based off the Jot2's circuity but in the magni form factor. I know there's a lot of love for that little amp, but I haven't heard it myself. I am a fan of the new Magni+ though, but it's more neutral than the Piety/Asgard for sure.

https://nitschsound.com/products/magni-piety

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2023 at 9:45 AM Post #32 of 38
I don't have much to add to the Piety discussion yet because I've only recently gotten mine and only given it a couple listening sessions so far, but I'm definitely digging it. Warm and musical for sure. Definitely an Anti-THX kind of sound.

Jun 7, 2023 at 10:12 AM Post #33 of 38
The Aune X7s 2021 is a affordable class A amp (got mine used for 140€, a real bargain)... it was a substanial upgrade above the FIIO E10k i used before but i wouldnt nessecarly say it sounds "warm" but it sounded more open/neutral/dynamic

if you really want a warm sound i think your best bet are tube amps, i think there are many different designs out there... some are solid state behind the scene but use a single tube for a different sound signature for example

well... tube amps add harmonics which can sound "warm" but if you want a real mid low to mid emphasize maybe you need different headphones or some EQ ?

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2023 at 5:49 PM Post #38 of 38
The warmest SS was my old Violectric V281 amp. More than my Woo WA234.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back