Warm/V-shaped high end recommendation
Sep 30, 2023 at 8:07 AM Post #31 of 37
Hi all,

I’m looking to dip into the high-end £700+ IEM scene for the first time. I absolutely loved the IE80, wasn’t as enamoured with the IE80S and ended up going to the Fiio FH7 which I have really enjoyed, but find the treble a little too harsh with them, and miss a little extra bass.
Look at the Thieaudio Prestige LTD.
They have a warmer SS, a beefier more visceral bass than FH7.
However ,i personally love the FH7(w' red filters) tactile and fast bass. It's just different
than the Prestige LTD bass...leaner but faster.

About the treble...you might really like the smoother treble on the Prestige. But once you start eq- ing up the treble ,like i do, you might find the FH7(red filters on) has a more natural treble. EST high treble is generally praised but it's not everyone's cup of tea .

Soundstage is similar,both quite wide. The PrestigeLTD has some extra height and just a tiny bit better separation. Both great in this department.
I personally still prefer FH7's cleaner,leaner,bit more transparent midrange .Again...with the red filters i think even the voices are just a tiny bit better on the FiiO.

So i'd say try and maybe buy the Prestige LTD but don't sell your FH7's. I think they are greatly underrated.

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2023 at 1:05 PM Post #32 of 37
Look at the Thieaudio Prestige LTD.
They have a warmer SS, a beefier more visceral bass than FH7.
However ,i personally love the FH7(w' red filters) tactile and fast bass. It's just different
than the Prestige LTD bass...leaner but faster.

About the treble...you might really like the smoother treble on the Prestige. But once you start eq- ing up the treble ,like i do, you might find the FH7(red filters on) has a more natural treble. EST high treble is generally praised but it's not everyone's cup of tea .

Soundstage is similar,both quite wide. The PrestigeLTD has some extra height and just a tiny bit better separation. Both great in this department.
I personally still prefer FH7's cleaner,leaner,bit more transparent midrange .Again...with the red filters i think even the voices are just a tiny bit better on the FiiO.

So i'd say try and maybe buy the Prestige LTD but don't sell your FH7's. I think they are greatly underrated.
Thanks, yeah tbh I’m pretty sold on the hand maestro after looking at the reviews and tuning. Will definitely keep an eye out for these though as does sound interesting.

Oct 29, 2023 at 11:05 AM Post #33 of 37
Yes. For electro stuff, Grand Maestro is my set of choice.
Soooo I managed to get a pair of Grand Maestro second hand in the UK for around £1900 which I thought was a pretty good deal, so pulled the trigger.... they arrived today and I have to say after a few hours of listening they are absolutely incredible. Just wanted to say thank you for the recommendation, as I wouldn't have been aware of them otherwise. Atm I'm just using them on my Macbook Pro. I'm gonna setup my modi stack again for these, but will prob get a proper DAC/AMP for portable use.

I definitely prefer Vocal Boost off as it massively diminishes the bass impact, but I'm struggling to decide which I like more between the blue and black filters, both of them have their benefits and sound amazing with different tracks.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2023 at 1:09 AM Post #34 of 37
I haven't read every post hear, but as previously mentioned, Campfire Dorado 2020 exactly fits your description.

Nov 17, 2023 at 9:17 PM Post #37 of 37
Soooo I managed to get a pair of Grand Maestro second hand in the UK for around £1900 which I thought was a pretty good deal, so pulled the trigger.... they arrived today and I have to say after a few hours of listening they are absolutely incredible. Just wanted to say thank you for the recommendation, as I wouldn't have been aware of them otherwise. Atm I'm just using them on my Macbook Pro. I'm gonna setup my modi stack again for these, but will prob get a proper DAC/AMP for portable use.

I definitely prefer Vocal Boost off as it massively diminishes the bass impact, but I'm struggling to decide which I like more between the blue and black filters, both of them have their benefits and sound amazing with different tracks.
Hi! Is it okay if I PM you with a request?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back