Warm Amp recommendations
Mar 6, 2021 at 9:07 PM Post #3 of 11
Hi
Can anyone recommend an amp which will tame my ADX 5000. Looking for something to add a little warmth.
Thanks in advance
For solid-state h/p/a: Violectric V280, HeadAmp GSX-Mini. For tube hybrid h/p/a: Liquid Platinum (Cavalli).

Mar 7, 2021 at 4:57 PM Post #5 of 11
I don't consider the V280 warm. If you want a warm amp it is better to go OTL. With your cans an OTL would be perfect and you will be able to tube roll until you hit the sweet spot. Look for a used Valhalla 2 or if you have some money to spend looking into a Woo WA2. The latter is on my list but I haven't heard it.

Mar 7, 2021 at 7:33 PM Post #6 of 11
Hi
Can anyone recommend an amp which will tame my ADX 5000. Looking for something to add a little warmth.
Thanks in advance
What's your current amp?

The Bottlehead Crack is a lovely pairing with the 400-ohm drivers of the ADX 5000.

Mar 7, 2021 at 8:49 PM Post #7 of 11
Under 1K, Crack could be a valid option. Enentho I've not heard it with my ADX5Ks, I would gave it a strong consideration. Over 1K? That's a little tougher. If high impedance headphones were my go to cans..... I would consider shooting an email to WBA. They do take custom requests. Or maybe one of their OTL SE amps such as Virtus-300B. Can't tell you much about it other than it will be a warm sounding amp. That I'm sure of.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2021 at 12:56 AM Post #8 of 11
I don't consider the V280 warm. If you want a warm amp it is better to go OTL. With your cans an OTL would be perfect and you will be able to tube roll until you hit the sweet spot. Look for a used Valhalla 2 or if you have some money to spend looking into a Woo WA2. The latter is on my list but I haven't heard it.
Warmest SS i ever heard though.

Mar 8, 2021 at 10:02 AM Post #9 of 11
When I compare the sound from the Violectric V280 to that from: HeadAmp GSX Mk2, HeadAmp GSX-Mini, Topping A90, “warm” is the first adjective which comes to mind...

Mar 8, 2021 at 11:42 AM Post #10 of 11
I don't have any of those. Compared to my amps it sounds like it hits the sweet spot between not coloring the sound yet not being cold.

Mar 8, 2021 at 9:23 PM Post #11 of 11
I don't have any of those. Compared to my amps it sounds like it hits the sweet spot between not coloring the sound yet not being cold.
For many V280 fans, particularly me, what you just said hits the 🎯 👍

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back