Wanting to make an earpad adapter for Beyerdynamic DTs
Dec 20, 2021 at 6:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

jason41987

100+ Head-Fier
So, I really like the sound of these Beyerdynamics now that I've owned them up a lot with some less sealing velour pads. But the comfort could be improved a bit. Stock pads sit on my earlobes, the ones I have on now are HM5 style and are a bit loose top to bottom. So I am thinking of either getting larger 110mm round velour pads, and make an adapter for those, or make an adapter for the ones I have now.

For that adapter, I was considering just making a ring to fit inside the earpads that could sit inside the pad, with the pads themselves still having enough material to grip the cans. Then I thought, they may still slide around a bit, so I could design a 100mm diameter recess in the middle for the cup to fit into, and that'll prevent them from sliding around. I also thought about taking out the little retaining ring on the inside, and designing the pad adapter into that, which would then work similarly to DT1770s. Has anyone else done or considered anything like this? What do y'all think would be the best way to go about it?

Dec 21, 2021 at 7:46 AM Post #3 of 3
Well, I already put some 3D printed oval shaped rings inside the pads and then attached them to the headphone. They fit over the headphones even with the ring inside them. Basically a 100x120mm oval. My DT770s now have oval pads on them that will hold the oval shape. They're tight enough that they're not shifting around under the earpad either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back