Want your own HD 580/600/650 cable connectors?
May 25, 2004 at 8:41 AM Post #33 of 49
Yep, any news on the silver connectors?

May 25, 2004 at 2:29 PM Post #36 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by acs236
I'd be interested in... how many? depends on the $$$.

I can't remember the exact price now, myself, but it's quoted within this thread somewhere...
wink.gif

May 26, 2004 at 4:30 AM Post #37 of 49
i would be interested in a pair...

but any news as to the exact price and date of availability?

May 26, 2004 at 10:18 AM Post #38 of 49
drewday, please come back, all is forgiven...
wink.gif

May 28, 2004 at 1:52 AM Post #41 of 49
I will happily ante up for eight pins (enough for two HD600 headsets)....

Stirling silver is harder, still malleable and will not tarnish......

thanks...

Guy

May 28, 2004 at 4:39 AM Post #42 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by KYTGuy
Stirling silver...will not tarnish

Wrong! Copper is the main inpurity in sterling silver and reacts with sulfur in the air and your hands, forming copper sulfates. This is the brownish/grey tarnish often seen on old silver items. The silver itself reacts far less with oxygen to form silver oxides which are fairly conductive.

While the sulfur can be removed using a silver polish or the aluminum/hot water/baking soda method, periodic cleanings of these contacts would be a pain.

May 28, 2004 at 12:46 PM Post #43 of 49
Other than "bragging rights", what's the deal with a solid silver pin?
Are there any tangible and documented benefits over silver-plated copper?

Perhaps one of you guys in the "silver is really cheap and way better" camp could send some to Drewday to make it easier for him to get them made.
biggrin.gif

May 28, 2004 at 1:23 PM Post #44 of 49
I would also point out, as I have some experience with machining, that a LOT of the material ends up as shavings on the floor. That $6 an oz. will turn out to be VERY expensive. First off, what FORM the silver in can more than double the price, and like I said, a lot of it ends up getting shaved off and wasted. This may end up costing waaay more than you think: I tried to make a copper water cooling system for my computer a while ago and it ended up being no cheaper than just buying the waterblocks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back