Want versatile amp under $500.
Jun 19, 2004 at 11:47 AM Post #46 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by tom hankins
This even more off topic....When you hear the 650/Zu through the PPX3, you are going to want one too.

I already want one! That's why I bought the HD 555's and not the 595's, to not kill the wallet. I'll have to leave it until the end of the year or even next year, because there is life outside head-fi. Yeh, really.

Edit: By wanting one I meant wanting the HD 650's. I misunderstood that the post meant wanting the PPX3.

Jun 19, 2004 at 12:01 PM Post #47 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3lusiv3
I already want one! That's why I bought the HD 555's and not the 595's, to not kill the wallet. I'll have to leave it until the end of the year or even next year, because there is life outside head-fi. Yeh, really.

Edit: By wanting one I meant wanting the HD 650's. I misunderstood that the post meant wanting the PPX3.

No, you got the meaning of the post. It was ment to both of you guys. I would bet you will both go home thinking the same thing. MAN I need one of thoughs! Only him the PPX3 and you the HD650/Zu.
Again, Congrats on the new amp. Even out of the box it will sound great.(and get smoother after some burn in if it is like the other Singlepower amps I've heard) When I first plugged my senns into Earls older chrome model it just blew me away how powerful and full sounding the music was.

Jul 14, 2004 at 11:00 AM Post #49 of 54
I received the PPX3 today! It's very well made and sounds great so far, but it has only been on for one hour.

Some questions...

I have the AKG K271 Studio which has the auto-off feature and I'm worried that the amp may be damaged when I take my headphones off (because they switch off), since the instructions say that it should always have headphones attached? Should I be worried about this?

Also, do I really need to turn off the amp every time I swap headphones?

I'm sure I'll be buying more headphones by the end of the year!

Thanks.

Jul 14, 2004 at 11:39 AM Post #50 of 54
Some photos, sorry about the quality but I only have a MiniDV camcorder for quick digital photos:

AUT_0106.jpg

AUT_0107.jpg

AUT_0108.jpg

AUT_0109.jpg

AUT_0110.jpg

AUT_0111.jpg

AUT_0112.jpg

AUT_0113.jpg

Jul 14, 2004 at 1:29 PM Post #51 of 54
oo, nice setup, now you've got me into wanting to buy one, just a few questions, im in NZ btw

wat was shipping like cost wise
were you able to get 240Volts for no extra cost
customs charge you anything?

Thanks!

Jul 23, 2004 at 3:38 PM Post #54 of 54
Thanks to everyone who helped me decide on my first headamp. The PPX3 has a smooth but punchy sound that I really enjoy. Mikhail from single Power was great to deal with and responds well to emails. It has really made the AKG K271s, A500 and HD555 shine. I'm now re-encoding older CD's at a higher bitrate to take advantage of the great sound and I have ordered a decent quality headphone extension cable. I was about to give up on the K271s headphones due to to mid-bass response but have now realised that it was an amp issue. My three headphones shine with this amp and I am now looking at possible headphone and DAC upgrade options.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back