Want to win a set of rare Sennheiser headphones?
Aug 2, 2007 at 11:54 PM Post #136 of 228
When is the voting going to start?

Aug 3, 2007 at 12:05 AM Post #137 of 228
When the voting does start, it's going to be a tough choice (for me, at least) between "What to wear today?" and "Pure Natural Sound." They're both just so good!

Aug 3, 2007 at 12:50 AM Post #138 of 228
No worries elmer42...they have 4 sets they are granting, so I would bet we get four choices to vote for, with the top nominations each getting one of the 4 sets. *If we each only voted for one entry, they might end up with only 2-3 winners, when they actually have 4 to gift.

Aug 3, 2007 at 2:33 AM Post #140 of 228
Obviously I am not setting up the voting, but dealing with popular polls/rankings for some time has given me some insight into this...

If I were setting this up, I would shy away from the usual "forum poll" style. Why? Because there are four prizes, but allowing everybody a single vote usually results in one or two entries getting most of the votes, leaving the latter couple of slots to be contested at a relatively low level. People start complaining it was a popularity contest, yada yada. Detractors of this method have a point - a photo which EVERYBODY would rank second-best should have one of the top spots, but in a one-vote-per-person poll it will get zero votes.

pwelsh4hd is on the right track - giving everybody four choices - but I would go further. Yes, everybody would get four choices... but they would be ranked and weighted.

What do I mean by weighting? For instance, the top choice would be worth four 'points', the second three and on down the line. This allows everybody to express their opinions across the entire leaderboard. The final result would be calculated from tallying the weighted 'points'; the highest four totals are the winners. This makes a much more even race when you have multiple prizes involved, and the results are more accurate.

Like I said, it is not my contest and I respectfully bow to whatever method Sennheiser chooses.

Good luck to everybody who entered!

Aug 3, 2007 at 2:52 AM Post #142 of 228
Good luck to all. There are some really outstanding works of art submitted. I've been lurking here for probably half a year or so, and just saw this thread last week and joined hoping to submit a picture. But time has been at a premium, which I guess was a blessing in disguise after seeing these.

Aug 3, 2007 at 4:06 AM Post #144 of 228
Quote:

Originally Posted by charley phogg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good luck to all. There are some really outstanding works of art submitted. I've been lurking here for probably half a year or so, and just saw this thread last week and joined hoping to submit a picture. But time has been at a premium, which I guess was a blessing in disguise after seeing these.

Yeah, there's been some really amazing artwork. Astounding what people will do with a little motivation
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back