Want to upgrade from my AKG K540, need to be closed/semi-open headphones around €160,-
Jun 5, 2013 at 8:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 57

dakanao

Headphoneus Supremus
So they shouldn't leak, should be full size circumaular, really comfortable for atleast 2 - 3 hours, crisp airy highs without any form of harshness, good detailed, full, crisp midrange (shouldn't be recessed in any way), tight, well extended, deep, punchy bass, and decent soundstage and imaging. They need to be really engaging aswell. I will be using them at home.

Jun 5, 2013 at 9:33 PM Post #2 of 57
Quote:
So they shouldn't leak, should be full size circumaular, really comfortable for atleast 2 - 3 hours, crisp airy highs without any form of harshness, good detailed, full, crisp midrange (shouldn't be recessed in any way), tight, well extended, deep, punchy bass, and decent soundstage and imaging. They need to be really engaging aswell.

You know you're describing the world's most perfect (unicorn) headphone right? 
tongue.gif

Jun 6, 2013 at 1:34 AM Post #4 of 57
Do you maybe know any good options around that price range?

Reread what he said. Emphasis on "unicorn" :)

I think the Sony MDR-1R might get you close: http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/solid-sony-mdr-1r-mdr-1rbt-and-mdr-1nc

Won't give you the deepest bass extension, but overall seems like it could be a good fit for you.

Jun 6, 2013 at 2:38 AM Post #5 of 57
Jun 6, 2013 at 10:06 AM Post #6 of 57
Quote:
Reread what he said. Emphasis on "unicorn"
smily_headphones1.gif

I think the Sony MDR-1R might get you close: http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/solid-sony-mdr-1r-mdr-1rbt-and-mdr-1nc

Won't give you the deepest bass extension, but overall seems like it could be a good fit for you.

Somebody said in a review that full sized home headphones around that price will get you better sound. Any other options?

Jun 6, 2013 at 11:21 AM Post #7 of 57
I think for the price you will probably need to make a compromise or prioritize some of the things you're looking for.
Like is detail more important than bass extension?  Or any headphone in particular you've listened to that you like and can use as reference.

Jun 6, 2013 at 12:44 PM Post #10 of 57
The MDR-1R would fit you perfectly and it really is the best portable full-sized closed can you can buy. The UE 6000 is another great can, but the build quality throws me off a little.

Jun 6, 2013 at 4:38 PM Post #14 of 57

Users who are viewing this thread

Back