Want to try a tube amp... Schiit Fulla 2 -> Vali 2?
Mar 6, 2017 at 3:03 PM Post #31 of 37
  Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Genalex-Gold-Lion-E88CC-Tube/dp/B00D1DDKNM 

The seller I bought mine from was Tonal Tubes, but they are currently backordered. I'm thinking I may actually buy an extra one or two of these since I really enjoy their sound and don't want to go too far down the tube rolling rabbit hole. Time will tell.... I also decided to replace my Fulla 2 with a Modi Multibit and that should be arriving in the next 2-3 days hopefully. 

I'd be interested to know how much of a difference the Modi Multibit makes, I've been thinking about going down the same path 

Mar 6, 2017 at 3:25 PM Post #32 of 37

I'd be interested to know how much of a difference the Modi Multibit makes, I've been thinking about going down the same path 

Based on what I've seen from other users and reviews, the Modi Multibit offers a fuller, more detailed sound than the original Modi & Modi 2/Uber. Assuming the Fulla 2's DAC out sounds about the same as a Modi 2/Uber, it should be a noticeable improvement. The Fulla 2 sounds great to me and is perfect as a relatively portable DAC/amp solution, but I decided I wanted a more permanent desktop setup with more features. The Modi Multibit fits the bill for me, especially after I get the return refund from the Fulla 2. 

That said, I just got the tracking number email from Schiit and I will update my findings here whenever I get the chance to sit down and listen. 

Mar 8, 2017 at 4:35 PM Post #33 of 37
Got the Modi Multibit up & running with the PYST cables and I have to say, even just after streaming few songs on Tidal, I can hear a noticeable boost in overall depth, detail and liveliness compared to the Fulla 2's DAC out. Perhaps a small increase in sub-bass with my HD598s as well. Can't wait to pair this setup with some HD650s or other higher end cans! 

Mar 9, 2017 at 7:42 AM Post #34 of 37
I really like the way the Modi MB & Vali 2 sounds with the Gold Lion E88CC tube and decided to order a couple more to use if/when I wear out this current tube. I honestly don't even have a desire to try out different tubes now, but maybe I'll feel differently as I start buying more cans. Looking at you, HD650s!

Mar 12, 2017 at 12:46 PM Post #36 of 37
  Damn you!   This just made my wishlist become a lot more expensive....

Totally worth it! I also got the HD650s a couple days ago and the sound is just wow compared to the HD598s, at least for my musical tastes. I was really needing more bass response and warmth. The HD650s delivered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back