Want to trade phone consultations?
Apr 1, 2008 at 1:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

lewdog

100+ Head-Fier
I have a somewhat unusual proposition. A trading of phone consultations or, if it plays out this way, a good samaritan type helpline.

I really know very little about portable audio players. I could research my brains out here, and I have done some reading. I want to buy one and certainly want to get something that will serve me as well as possible. I know Head-Fi is the place to find people that know all about such things. I think it would be cool if someone who was rather knowledgable on the subject was willing to talk to me on the phone and give me some advice. If anyone is interested in this, pm me your number. I'll certainly pay for the call (cell minutes being virtually free and all). I think a phone conversation could yield far quicker and, in some ways, more cohesive information on the topic.

I'd certainly be willing to respond in kind. I know expertise is a sliding scale, but I'm fairly deep into all aspects of home theater. I also am somewhat into knives and flashlights. I even think it would be enjoyable to help someone else on these topics, even if they weren't able to provide info on portable audio players.

I certainly hope I don't offend anyone in putting this out there. I think it's an interesting idea and could be fun. Who knows-maybe if it caught on it would be a way to further connect and enrich this community.

Lewis

Apr 1, 2008 at 2:48 AM Post #2 of 6
What..talking? You mean we'd have to drop the charade of who we pretend to be online...and gasp..be ourselves and actually communicate verbally?

What are we going to do with all our spare time then, if problems are resolved so simply?...patience little grasshopper, search, search more, get frustrated with all the endless opinions and psuedo facts and then post a question only to be told to "google it"
rolleyes.gif

Home theatre...hmmm, I'm just trying to get a projector/screen combo figured out for my very bright livingroom that needs a fully concealable rolldown screen.

Pm coming when I figure out if my Sony a818 has exceptional sound or just using parlor tricks to make me think it does.

Apr 1, 2008 at 3:48 AM Post #4 of 6
Similar results can be had with instant messaging/irc chat. Does head-fi have a chat channel?

Instant messaging might be more helpful as to share links directly while still maintaining real-time conversation.

Apr 2, 2008 at 1:06 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Punnisher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Similar results can be had with instant messaging/irc chat. Does head-fi have a chat channel?

Instant messaging might be more helpful as to share links directly while still maintaining real-time conversation.

Hmm. That's interesting. I'd be open to this, as well. I'm on gmail. I frequently will be on the phone with friends and we'll e-mail links or pictures or whatever. IM might not be quite as fast or personal, but could be good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back