Want to get into foobar
Dec 28, 2007 at 8:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

niko-time

100+ Head-Fier
My hard drive fried so I want to get into foobar

Some questions though:
1. One thing I liked about itunes is how simple it was to grab art work, just right click and then get artwork, is there something similar to this?
2. How is it for syncing with an iPod 160gb classic?
3. Is there an easy skin which is automated lying around?

Cheers guys
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 28, 2007 at 9:47 PM Post #2 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by niko-time /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Some questions though:
1. One thing I liked about itunes is how simple it was to grab art work, just right click and then get artwork, is there something similar to this?
2. How is it for syncing with an iPod 160gb classic?
3. Is there an easy skin which is automated lying around?

1: Sorry I have no idea.
2: Foobar will not sink with the Ipod. I have about 3500 songs on my main drive in Apple lossless that I use for my Ipod (80gig) with ITunes. A friend turned me on to DBPoweramp for ripping, it will rip FLAC and Apple lossless as well as other formats. It automatically detects the offset or your CD reader for more accurate rips. I use FLAC on my external drive for the PC rig which I am quite content with.
3: Sorry no help here either.

Dec 29, 2007 at 8:14 AM Post #5 of 15
1.) If you use the FofR configuration, all you have to do is drop the image of the album cover in the same folder as the songs you want to have that album art displayed for, and Foobar will load it in automatically. Just make sure the image is named cover, saved it as a jpg, and move any other images in that folder somewhere else.

2.) What Chipp said.

3.) FofR's config is nice functional setup that's pretty easy to put together: Foobar2000 Blog » FofR Configuration Guide

It also looks pretty nice to boot

Jan 1, 2008 at 7:01 PM Post #7 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by acegazda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
that's a pretty confusing sequence actually. I can't get the layouts to change under panels UI

I agree it has been a pain in the ass for me too. I gave up and I'm using the default IU.
frown.gif

Jan 2, 2008 at 6:28 PM Post #12 of 15
Ok ok, I got it to work. The only thing now is that the album art all display the same album. Lemme give you a screenshot...
prob1-1.jpg

every artist has akon as the album art, how do you overcome this?

Jan 7, 2008 at 2:13 PM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by azncookiecutter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I prefer the Scaled layout here:
Br3tt... Scaled config for PanelsUI - Hydrogenaudio Forums
The thread has quite an extensive and thorough instructions to get it up and running, and I've had no problems getting it set up properly on a lot of different PCs.

Thanks for the pointer. I'll give it a shot when i get a minute.
tongue.gif

james

Jan 7, 2008 at 11:14 PM Post #15 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chipp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1: Not that I've found, but AAA is nothing short of amazing. -- Album Art Aggregator

That program is incredible! I just image tagged my collection of 250+ albums in just under 5 minutes, and that included the time it took to download and configure the program. I've nothing to add to the current discussion, I just wanted to thank ya.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back