want to find IEMs or buds for exercizing (jogging), <$75
Sep 27, 2009 at 9:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

metman

New Head-Fier
So I had a thread going on another forum from which I was forwarded here. I'm looking for a good pair of buds or IEMs that cost as far under $75 as possible that are good for use when jogging/exercizing. I own a pair of Super.Fi Pro 5 IEMs that I like a lot, but they transmit too much noice from footfalls and cable rubbing, and constantly come out of my ears whenever the slightest bit sweaty and jostled. Not to mention they kinda feel nasty when they get all covered in sweat.

Anyway, I've provisionally narrowed it down to the Sennheiser OMX 80s or 90s or the PMX 80s, though I am open to other options. My main concern with the OMX models is whether the hangars will conflict with my glasses behind my ears (though my UEs' cable guides work ok, they are adjustable) and the comfort of the PMX (never had the behind the head bar type before, not sure I'd like it). I'd really appreciate any input you guys could give me.

Sep 28, 2009 at 6:05 AM Post #2 of 19
Or maybe the MX85. Reviews seem to say the sound quality is pretty good, and they do a great job of staying in your ears. Does anyone have anything to say about these?

Sep 28, 2009 at 5:12 PM Post #3 of 19
At $25, the quality per dollar for the Altec Lansing Backbeat Titanium 326 is silly good. Get some before they figure out their mistake.

Sep 29, 2009 at 3:15 AM Post #5 of 19
iems dont do so well for joggin. ur better off with sennheiser px100's. the best 20 bucks i ever dun spent
biggrin.gif

Sep 29, 2009 at 3:23 AM Post #6 of 19
I have a strong distaste for anything that goes over my head. I think I'm going with the Sennheiser MX85. Next in line is probably the OMX80 or PMX80. I just wish they weren't construction worker/raver yellow...

Edit: Or the MX90s... actually, those are looking the best now, heh. No silly yellow, good fit, reports of good sound. Look like winners to me.

Sep 29, 2009 at 3:32 AM Post #7 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by metman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a strong distaste for anything that goes over my head. I think I'm going with the Sennheiser MX85. Next in line is probably the OMX80 or PMX80. I just wish they weren't construction worker/raver yellow...

Edit: Or the MX90s... actually, those are looking the best now, heh. No silly yellow, good fit, reports of good sound. Look like winners to me.

than earbuds are for u. I tried running with my Atrio m5's and all i could hear were my feet. terrible.

Sep 29, 2009 at 3:50 AM Post #9 of 19
Klipsch Image S4.......

Sep 29, 2009 at 4:08 AM Post #10 of 19
The Sony AS100 IEM headphones (they are literally IEM headphones, look at a picture) work great for me. They're made for exercise and stuff like that, so they are sweat-resistant, minimal microphonics (especially when you use the included clip), and they're lightweight and stay on your head. They don't get in the way of glasses.

Might be worth a look. I got mine for ~$19 (MSRP $100), and I think they're excellent for exercise or just if you're out walking a lot.

[edit: I just saw you don't like anything that goes over your head. Maybe the AS50s would be better suited? I think they're supposed to be pretty similar, except the AS50s are behind the head]

Sep 29, 2009 at 4:53 AM Post #11 of 19
Yeah, I find that every over-the-head item I use gets my hair caught in it... not comfortable. Maybe it's my big head's fault.
wink.gif
Anyway, I'll definitely consider the AS50s (note for anyone else, Google SONY AS50, if you just Google AS50 you get guns, heh). I'm still kinda liking the idea of the MX90s, but I do like the fact that the AS50s are about 30% cheaper (on Amazon) than the MX90s.
smily_headphones1.gif
Gah... I hate when I'm shopping for things and I care about more than just the primary function. Though I could almost afford both within my budget... no, no, those are bad thoughts.

Sep 29, 2009 at 5:14 AM Post #13 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by squid+ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Sony AS100 IEM headphones (they are literally IEM headphones, look at a picture) work great for me. They're made for exercise and stuff like that, so they are sweat-resistant, minimal microphonics (especially when you use the included clip), and they're lightweight and stay on your head. They don't get in the way of glasses.

Might be worth a look. I got mine for ~$19 (MSRP $100), and I think they're excellent for exercise or just if you're out walking a lot.

[edit: I just saw you don't like anything that goes over your head. Maybe the AS50s would be better suited? I think they're supposed to be pretty similar, except the AS50s are behind the head]

Agree. Sony's MDR-AS100W's works pretty good for jogging. If you don't like them they have a version that hangs on the ear.
Sennheiser has some (neon green color) exercise buds that are supposed to be pretty good also, although some have complained of some discomfort with them.

Sep 29, 2009 at 5:38 AM Post #14 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZARIM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Klipsch Image S4.......

I agree, I read somewhere that the klipsch image s4 is great for joggers and people who go to the gym. I believe it was engadget that stated that they are perfect for people who go jogging etc, since they are light weight and the oval eargels keep them in place reguardless sweat and movement. I havent went jogging or anything like that with my image s4s but they are very light weight and I dont see them shaking loose or anything while jogging. The cable is designed to be sweat, chemical, and crack resistant. Anyways, they are great sounding and comfortable IEMs. They are just barely above your budget ($80) but when I ordered mine online from klipsch they didnt charge me tax and included free fedex ground shipping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back