Want to buy a good set of all round headphones. 150$ budget (in toronto)
Jun 11, 2008 at 11:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

emperorarghoslen

Head-Fier
Hi, I want to buy a new pair of headphone as my old ones broke recently. I have 150$ to shell out including tax. I mostly listen to black, death and power metal music. I watch a lot of movies and TV shows on my computer and play game frequently too. I do not have any high tech speakers or amps (I have a logitec z2300 as my speakers).

I really like the Hd555 my Senheiser and would really like to buy them but i have no idea where to buy them from in Toronto (Bay bloor radio charges something like 220$ for them). I wouldn't mind buying a used pair if they are still in good condition, though my main concern is that there may be counterfeit HD555's out there. Is my concern justified? I have no experience with high end cans so i have no idea what more to ask other than : - If there are cans better than the Hd 555 for 150$ in toronto what and where are they .

Jun 11, 2008 at 11:42 PM Post #2 of 12
Reading your title, I was going to recommend the HD595, but seeing you're in Canada I suppose that's a problem.
You might try the for sale forum and pick up some used 555s or 595s. I don't think there would be a problem shipping them to Canada and I would think with your setup that would be the perfect can. Find someone with good feedback selling some, though. There's seems to be some problems lately.

Jun 12, 2008 at 12:11 AM Post #3 of 12
My main concern is fake HD555's if there is any such thing as fake HD555's. Anyways what is a good price to pay for a HD555 headphone. I'd ask on the FOR sale forum but I don't have the 50 post requirement to post there

Jun 12, 2008 at 2:59 AM Post #6 of 12
If you want to get value for your money you should probably give up on buying from a brick and mortar store in Toronto, as there isn't much choice in the way of reasonably priced things.

Jun 12, 2008 at 3:02 AM Post #7 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilDog /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You're only 20 away so keep at, do some research on the RS2 and the HD595 and HD555 and you'll be there.
Good luck.

RS-2 for less than $150?

Jun 12, 2008 at 3:16 AM Post #9 of 12
SR-80 at any place for around 150. You can get the SR125 for 150 at A4Audio.com from Richmond Hill, but they're considered overly bright. I'd suggest getting the 225 for 200. This is the only place that sticks to the American MSRP.

Jun 12, 2008 at 3:42 AM Post #11 of 12
It takes a while for dell to ship something out and once you have opened the item and realize it is defected, they refused to do an exchange. That's some of my personal experience.

I have ordered headphones from J&R: Electronics, Digital Cameras, Computers, Appliances, Software, Video Games, DVDs, CDs . before, but it costs 30 to 40 dollars on shipping, plus they will not understate the price, so expect another 20 bucks on top. I think last time i ended up paying total $380 for my akg k701. :/

And bad thing about Amazon.com, most of them don't ship outside US, so that's not an option either.

Maybe we can have a group buy?
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back