Want to audition an AD2000?
Mar 20, 2010 at 2:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

)v(ajin_R_

100+ Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

I'm making this thread because I want to purchase an AD2000, I made a thread not too long ago here about which headphone I wanted and I've settled on this, however if I want to buy this headphone locally it'll cost me quite a lot more than if I were to get it off amazon.

So here's where the audition part comes in, I'd like these to be sent to someone from head-fi who hasn't heard the AD2000's before and would really like to try them before sending over this way. Since the amazon stores that are selling them only ship to people from the US that's probably where you'll have to be (unless you can also get it for 499
biggrin.gif
). I will pay for all shipping costs so all you will have to do is listen to them and send them
icon10.gif

Since I don't really know anyone here you'll have to have a good amount of feedback, have been a member for a few months and have posted too just so that I can trust you. I'd be interested to listen to your findings so post them in this thread too!
smile.gif

If you have any comments, suggestions or anything at all feel free to post them here
smile.gif
I may be busy for the next few days but I think I will be able to reply to any questions and check here enough to stay updated.

If you're interested just post a brief description on why you'd like to listen to them in this thread or via PM which ever you prefer.

EDIT: I'll give this a few days before announcing who I'll send them to
biggrin.gif

Mar 20, 2010 at 6:37 AM Post #5 of 18
Id certainly be interested in trying out the AD2000's. MY first good headphone was a set of Audio Technica ATH-A900's. At the time i coudlnt have a open set of headphones, so i couldnt have gotten the 2000's, and now I since gotten a pair of JH Audio JH-13's. So I would love tyo be able to compare the AD2000's to both the A900's and the jh13's. I live in Ohio in the US
smily_headphones1.gif

Edit: I also listen to a wide variety of music, from all kinds of metal, to alternative, to lady gaga, and even a fine frenzy
smily_headphones1.gif
they would definitely go through their paces.

Mar 20, 2010 at 9:52 AM Post #6 of 18
Hi everyone, firstly I just wanted to say a sincere thanks for the interest so far, it's extremely nice to see that people will take some of their own time to help other people. I just got home from work and must be off again but I will reply to everyone via PM when I can
smile.gif

Just to clarify:
Quote:

Originally Posted by dcpoor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
some clarification, you're able to pay for it with your own credit card? or do you need the middleman to pay for it first too?

I will pay for the headphones myself and they will be shipped to your address, when you send them to me I will reimburse the cost of shipping via paypal once I receive the tracking number.

I'll decide who I'll send them to by the 24th at latest and I'm really looking forward to listening to them myself too
biggrin.gif

Mar 21, 2010 at 11:14 PM Post #8 of 18
Indeed it is ^^

I'll be announcing who I'll send these to in around 24 hours. I'm really craving listening to good headphones again after spending some time reading around here, it's been awhile since I've heard anything good.

Have replied to all PMs
smile.gif

Mar 21, 2010 at 11:35 PM Post #11 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva /img/forum/go_quote.gif
were still in the running if we didnt sent a pm right? lol i just posted in the thread everything i would have sent anyways
redface.gif

Yes of course you are! I sent you a PM too
smile.gif

Mar 21, 2010 at 11:40 PM Post #12 of 18
If you're still taking applicants, I'd like to enter.
The AD2000 have caught my attention a few times. I've tried some of the portable, closed AT headphones and supposedly the higher end ones have a slightly different take on the music from what I read. I'd mostly like to compare and see how the difference is.
I haven't experienced many mid/high end headphones, so it would certainly increase my experience and allow me another point of reference when I read discussions about high quality headphones.

Mar 21, 2010 at 11:55 PM Post #13 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by earthpeople /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you're still taking applicants, I'd like to enter.

Sent you a PM, I'm still taking applicants until around tomorrow this time.

I will also send feedback once I receive the headphones and some impressions too! Looking forward till then
bigsmile_face.gif

Mar 21, 2010 at 11:57 PM Post #14 of 18
This is a great idea for a patient and trusting Head-Fi-er... wouldn't be surprised if we see more folks trying for this sort of arrangement. Well done, OP.

Mar 23, 2010 at 12:50 AM Post #15 of 18
Hi all,

After reading through everyone's replies, I have made my decision to send these to Poetik. It wasn't an easy decision but I appreciate all those who were willing to listen and send these over.

I'll send Poetik a PM and am excited for these to arrive here soon! Looking forward to some impressions too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back