Want opinion on Xmas love letter...
Dec 24, 2002 at 8:01 PM Post #31 of 64
Quote:

Originally posted by Joe Bloggs
I asked 3 girls, 1 said to phone and 2 said to email.
biggrin.gif

Be careful about trusting women's advice about dating. Ironically, your male friends will usually give you better advice. That's because they actually have experience with women and how they respond.

Anyway, good luck, and let us know how it turns out!

Dec 24, 2002 at 8:06 PM Post #32 of 64
Well, I can see how their response may not be accurate for this, but I plan on increasing my knowledge in the future by asking Miss CogSci (name of my class) about her experience with being dated, how real guys dated real girls, who she took up, who she turned down and why... that should be valuable information.
cool.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Dec 24, 2002 at 8:09 PM Post #33 of 64
Quote:

Originally posted by Joe Bloggs
Well, I can see how their response may not be accurate for this, but I plan on increasing my knowledge in the future by asking Miss CogSci (name of my class) about her experience with being dated, how real guys dated real girls, who she took up, who she turned down and why... that should be valuable information.
cool.gif

So now you're planning to hit on your teacher? This is a good move. If she's older, you being interested in her will make her feel flattered. Meanwhile she can probably teach you more than just how to ask someone out.

Dec 24, 2002 at 8:14 PM Post #34 of 64
Wow!

As DarkWolf says... this forum gets more diverse, yet more informative every day...

Also as Kelly says, I believe that every single piece of advice, even though varying... is concise, and... correct

Wow
biggrin.gif

Dec 24, 2002 at 8:23 PM Post #37 of 64
Quote:

Originally posted by jessica00
kill the ^_^'s, unless she uses them too.

nice letter ^_^

I guess that they are Eastern smilies???

So instead of
smily_headphones1.gif
or
redface.gif
) you have ^_^ <-- that means happy too... yes??

Quote:

You learn something new every day

Dec 24, 2002 at 8:37 PM Post #38 of 64
Quote:

Originally posted by Wodgy
Be careful about trusting women's advice about dating. Ironically, your male friends will usually give you better advice. That's because they actually have experience with women and how they respond.

Anyway, good luck, and let us know how it turns out!

I'm with Wodgy on this one. The girls may be affraid you or your dorky best friend are wanting to ask them out and think it might be harder to say "no thanks" in person (which I think is true.)

A girl I knew once asked me what I thought about girls asking the guy out and I quickly surmised she was asking for another girl within earshot and I said for some guys it was OK, but don't date much (which was true) and prefer to get to know someone in groups settings (which was also true) and let the dates "happen". I found out later I was right in that case.

Dec 24, 2002 at 8:41 PM Post #39 of 64
Joe,

I take it that you have no sisters. Am I right in this assumption? I always tell young'uns (I have always been very shy, myself) to always treat a woman like a sister (or mother). When you find the right one you'll start treating her like a prospective lover instead.

One of the greatest pains in life is the "what if". The greatest regrets are those where you chide yourself for not doing something. I have always regretted not asking a certain woman not to marry me. I know that she would have said "yes". But my vanity, the thought of "something better" being "out there" caused me to act ir-responsibly.

When you see someone you like, just go up to her and say hello. Make believe you are speaking to your sister. After 30 seconds you'll know if you like each other. See through each other's games. (We all play them. We like to rationalise them as "defense mechanisms" and "personality". The truth is that we are all afraid of making commitments). (I have known a few guys who always ended up with psycho girl friends. Their forethought was always centred around the sex.)

The fact that you like her says that she must be a lot like you. So chances are that she will like you, too.

On a personal note, I would have composed the letter thus:

"It has been said that life is too short. That life is full of regrets. But as I am not experienced in the ways of the world, I can therefore only seek out what is beautiful and good in life. Like a moth to a flame, your beauty beckons me forth. I yearn to see your smile, to gaze into your eyes, and to hear your sweet voice. I have admired you from afar and now find that the image of your beauty can not be erased from my mind by the oblivion of sleep. I would like to break bread with you, perhaps with a small bottle of wine. Could we share a cup of coffee and a walk in the park? It would be our second meeting.

Then send her one rose, closed, with the thorns removed. The above would be on a card, with your name and phone number. I just hope that she remembers you.

smile alot. be yourself. hey, WE like you. chances are she will too.
wink.gif

Dec 24, 2002 at 8:44 PM Post #40 of 64
walli
And you're saying that stuff actually works for you? With someone you barely know? Interesting.

Dec 24, 2002 at 8:44 PM Post #41 of 64
Kelly, Quote:

So now you're planning to hit on your teacher?

ROTFLMAO. Man, the responses that were put up while I was typing. still laughing...

Dec 24, 2002 at 8:55 PM Post #42 of 64
Kelly,

no. i actually go up to them and say it to them. and yes, i've gotten quite a few phone numbers. but then, i'm no longer shy.
wink.gif
when the women's face questions, i tell them about the woman i wish i had married. and tell them that i no longer want regrets in my life. we usually just both laugh. then i turn on the charm.

i went right up to a woman at a gas station (she was the cashier) and said, "mame, i usually don't do this, but i think that you are so beautiful that i just had to tell you." we chit-chatted
wink.gif

and I've waited for a woman to reach the supermarket store door. as she is asking herself (just as she passes me) why i waited so long for her to go through first, i answer her unasked question, "you are one of the most beautiful women i have seen. and i just had to get as long a glance as i did. thank you." we usually laugh that one off, too. and if i'm really interested in her, i'll ask her if she could share a cup of coffee at the Starbucks counter.

i have lost too many loves in my life. i know what love is. and if it hits me like it did my ex-fiancee ("ex", because she committed suicide), I'm going to go in charging like a bull, and damn the consequences. i no longer have time to be shy. if she sees that i'm interested, and i can tell that she's interested, i'm starting up a conversation. full speed ahead, and damn the torpedoes.

Dec 24, 2002 at 9:00 PM Post #43 of 64
Sorry to hear about your fiancee WalliJonn
frown.gif

Wish I had your... erm... courage... charisma??

One day....

Dec 24, 2002 at 9:25 PM Post #44 of 64
If you would have called her when this started you would already have been out on the date.

The teacher sounds fun.

Dec 25, 2002 at 4:44 PM Post #45 of 64
Quote:

Originally posted by kelly
So now you're planning to hit on your teacher? This is a good move. If she's older, you being interested in her will make her feel flattered. Meanwhile she can probably teach you more than just how to ask someone out.

Whoa, I don't even know what you're saying (I mean that.
confused.gif
) Did you misinterpret something I wrote?

By Miss CogSci I mean the girl in our class that is acknowledged to be the most attractive. I started asking about her love life a while ago and she will obviously be a useful information source...

No, I'm not hitting on the teacher... Miss CogSci is not called Vivian
tongue.gif
And she's got a bf... has anyone ever managed to date a girl who already has a bf?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back