Want a fairly cheap turntable
Oct 6, 2007 at 1:32 AM Post #16 of 19
Consider a "WTB" ad here on Head-Fi. There are Head-Fiers most everywhere, and some of them probably have extra tables they could sell you cheap. I sold a Thorens at a meet a couple of years ago, and if you were local, I could set you up with a nice Dual. Who knows, maybe there is someone near you who frequents this site, and keeps telling himself "I really need to pass this old Q-Deck on to someone..."

Or, try The Vinyl Engine, which is a mostly British site, and people do buy and sell on it.

Laz

Oct 8, 2007 at 1:08 PM Post #17 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by niko-time /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you know of any cheap phonostages which are any good as well?

I own a Cambridge 640P. It's a great phono preamp and not very expensive.

However, a few months after buying the Cambridge I also bought a phono preamp that costs less than half the price:

http://www.phonopreamps.com/TC-760LCpp.html

I found the TC-760LC to be every bit as good as the Cambridge and it has a variable gain control to boot. I have been using it now for the past couple of months and I doubt I will put the Cambridge back into my rack. I will probably just keep it as a backup.

I don't think you can go wrong either way but if you are looking for a great phono preamp for very little money then I recommend the TC-760LC.

--Jerome

Oct 8, 2007 at 2:04 PM Post #18 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by jsaliga /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't think you can go wrong either way but if you are looking for a great phono preamp for very little money then I recommend the TC-760LC.

--Jerome

I 2nd that. I actually got mine from the same seller as the Beresford TC-7510 but he doesn't list it on his site. I got mine initially to transfer some of my rare vinyl to PC.The variable output control is an absolute brilliant idea. Makes ironing out gain differences between vinyl pressings a breeze. It's also a magnificent performer.

Oct 8, 2007 at 2:27 PM Post #19 of 19
http://www.phonopreamps.com/TC-760LCpp.html

I found the TC-760LC to be every bit as good as the Cambridge and it has a variable gain control to boot. I have been using it now for the past couple of months and I doubt I will put the Cambridge back into my rack. I will probably just keep it as a backup.

--Jerome[/QUOTE]

Yes!
I bought mine weeks ago, and it works fine. I think it sounds better than the phono preamp that my Denon's integrated amp has inside. In the next weeks I'll try to upgrade it with a dedicated power supply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back