Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - :ok_hand: screenless budget killer combo DAP/Amp :ok_hand:
Jun 1, 2017 at 9:23 AM Post #3,091 of 3,631
Jun 1, 2017 at 1:05 PM Post #3,093 of 3,631
IMG_5927.jpg
Got one today and first kiss is sweet. Will write more impressions later, but I can say already, that this is very well spent 34 bucks.

Jun 1, 2017 at 6:54 PM Post #3,096 of 3,631
Jun 1, 2017 at 7:25 PM Post #3,097 of 3,631
well, i guess there are some V2 with this feature, too. but, maybe in V2S it's made better.

i see.

I am reading through the most recent comments on Walnut's official Taobao page

https://world.taobao.com/item/542124740337.htm

and some comments on V2s are still saying bass is rolled off, just FYI

It seems using op amps other than stock solves it, as what I've read from those who have tried switching the chip. Well, I can't confirm.

Jun 2, 2017 at 11:24 AM Post #3,099 of 3,631
Im new to diy DAP/AMP can i ask a few questions??
How can i connect this to a phone use it as an AMP, use On-The-go usb or normal audio jack??? And is it the same on computer??
Does walnut have a dac?? And how can i use it???

Jun 2, 2017 at 11:46 PM Post #3,100 of 3,631
Im new to diy DAP/AMP can i ask a few questions??
How can i connect this to a phone use it as an AMP, use On-The-go usb or normal audio jack??? And is it the same on computer??
Does walnut have a dac?? And how can i use it???

as an amp, audio jack. as a dac, usb. I haven't played with my V2s yet, I just received mine 16 hrs ago, and just tried playing for about an hour. They said Walnut V2 upgraded has DAC but meh; V2s has DAC, but I haven't tried it yet personally.

Jun 3, 2017 at 7:00 AM Post #3,101 of 3,631
Can someone describe how the eq is and works? V2S

Im hoping it has a mode where the bass is tight with that soft smooth tsss noise to it, and without sacrificing miss and vocals, they should be loud and well defined, separated, also I love treble.

I think it means that the bass is a bit obscured while the mids are not and vocals are forward.

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2017 at 11:22 AM Post #3,102 of 3,631
Can someone describe how the eq is and works? V2S

Im hoping it has a mode where the bass is tight with that soft smooth tsss noise to it, and without sacrificing miss and vocals, they should be loud and well defined, separated, also I love treble.

I think it means that the bass is a bit obscured while the mids are not and vocals are forward.

so far, I have a hard time recognizing eq and their changes. <2 hrs of playing

Jun 3, 2017 at 11:24 AM Post #3,103 of 3,631
so far, I have a hard time recognizing eq and their changes. <2 hrs of playing

Well that's a bummer, I hope not to regret buying it, as I do already have a z1, by trollshan.

Do you have them both? Maybe you could tell me if it's worth it and how different they are. Which one you appreciate more and why.

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2017 at 3:45 PM Post #3,104 of 3,631
For people who have the Walnut V2S, when you turned it on, you will hear female voice saying in Mandarin, "Musical Mode". If you press the EQ (equalizier) button, you will hear "No Equalizier" which sounds like "Five" in Mandarin. "No Equalizier" gives one syllable.
If U press 2nd times, you will hear "Rock and Roll" in Mandarin. Press 3rd times, you will hear "Pop" . Press 4th times, hear "Classical" Press 5th times, hear "Jazz". Press once more, back to "No Equalizier" mode. "Rock and Roll", "Pop", "Classical", "Jazz" all give 2 syllables.

If U press "prev" and "next" buttons together and hold for a while, U will hear "last folder" in Mandarin

Jun 3, 2017 at 4:12 PM Post #3,105 of 3,631
For people who have the Walnut V2S, when you turned it on, you will hear female voice saying in Mandarin, "Musical Mode". If you press the EQ (equalizier) button, you will hear "No Equalizier" which sounds like "Five" in Mandarin. "No Equalizier" gives one syllable.
If U press 2nd times, you will hear "Rock and Roll" in Mandarin. Press 3rd times, you will hear "Pop" . Press 4th times, hear "Classical" Press 5th times, hear "Jazz". Press once more, back to "No Equalizier" mode. "Rock and Roll", "Pop", "Classical", "Jazz" all give 2 syllables.

If U press "prev" and "next" buttons together and hold for a while, U will hear "last folder" in Mandarin

Thanks, last folder? Why would it jump to the last folder? Is there a next/previous folder function?

Edit. Yes there is according to penon audio

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back