Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - :ok_hand: screenless budget killer combo DAP/Amp :ok_hand:
Mar 9, 2017 at 7:50 PM Post #2,386 of 3,631
  Thanks. I was wondering whether to to order from CKLewis since the price + shipping is $33.67, or from the first link (AisLu Hifi Store) where the price is $24.68 with free shipping. If CKLewis are still including the sd card I would rather go with them, since it seem that most of ppl here got their Walnut there.

Something got my eye though, most of those sellers don't state the Walnut name, just V2. There's only one shop selling it as Walnut V2 is DD-Audio Store (second link). And it's a new store, no reviews so far. Strange, but I've seem stuff like this before.

Mine was bought from 'AisLu Hifi Store' but only came with micro-usb charging cable, no interconnect cable, microsd card or card reader.

Mar 9, 2017 at 7:56 PM Post #2,387 of 3,631
Thanks. I was wondering whether to to order from CKLewis since the price + shipping is $33.67, or from the first link (AisLu Hifi Store) where the price is $24.68 with free shipping. If CKLewis are still including the sd card I would rather go with them, since it seem that most of ppl here got their Walnut there.

Something got my eye though, most of those sellers don't state the Walnut name, just V2. There's only one shop selling it as Walnut V2 is DD-Audio Store (second link). And it's a new store, no reviews so far. Strange, but I've seem stuff like this before.

Almost all the sellers have had it listed as something like 'DIY MP3 V2' and only a couple Ive seen with have the name 'Walnut' mentioned in the listing title itself.

Yep CKLewis is still fine (have had some from there also), both them and Skoold Store sent an identical set of stuff. AisLu are also ok but only sent the Walnut itself and USB cable if I remember correctly, no extra 'goodies'. None have had a working Micro SD card, always a supposed Sandisk or Kingston which is corrupted / dodgy.

(They weren't all for me!! Only some :-D)

All of the above sent out quickly and via same delivery methods (Ali Express Standard Shipping, which was fine for me but seems to vary how fast it is depending on your location, based on posts here - UK good, US fine, Canada bad!!)

Mar 9, 2017 at 10:15 PM Post #2,388 of 3,631
Is there still no way for you guys in the western world to buy from Taobao? Shipping from the seller to the forwarder is really quick (like 2 days), the rest is dependent on the forwarder speed which in my case is typically about 1 week to Singapore.

Mar 9, 2017 at 10:26 PM Post #2,389 of 3,631
  Is there still no way for you guys in the western world to buy from Taobao? Shipping from the seller to the forwarder is really quick (like 2 days), the rest is dependent on the forwarder speed which in my case is typically about 1 week to Singapore.

I would consider it , but with Mr.Tao going down and so many other unknowns it seems Aliexpress is easier/safer.

Mar 10, 2017 at 10:23 AM Post #2,390 of 3,631
  I would consider it , but with Mr.Tao going down and so many other unknowns it seems Aliexpress is easier/safer.

Really sucks. I had great results and excellent support with MrTao.

Mar 10, 2017 at 11:42 AM Post #2,391 of 3,631

If you speak/read Chinese, I'm sure it's possible (otherwise it's hell lol).

Mar 10, 2017 at 7:44 PM Post #2,393 of 3,631

Nop, no way, it's one of the shortcomings.

I'm actually amazed no ones bumped or given me a 'thumbs up' (lol) for the shuffle program I have provided earlier in this thread, it does exactly just that! I only say this because the Alien Shozy was in the same position (at this time, unbeknownst to the community that there indeed was a hidden shuffle feature) and when I gave them this program it was met with a fair bit of enthusiasm!

Once again, please go to this page, look for my post and the links and details are within. What you want this program EXACTLY does; http://www.head-fi.org/t/828315/walnut-hi-fi-v2-wav-mp3-player-by-wt-screenless-budget-killer-combo-dap-amp/1830

FWIW, I now go one step further. With the assistance of my program provided in the above link and foobar2000 I am now creating single wav files that contain 50 or so tracks that are randomly shuffled and CROSSFADING into one another (so no gaps between tracks).

The issue I am having with this program is that it doesn't play all the songs when it's been shuffled.  Some of the same songs come up often.

Mar 10, 2017 at 7:51 PM Post #2,394 of 3,631
  The issue I am having with this program is that it doesn't play all the songs when it's been shuffled.  Some of the same songs come up often.

Huh? This is not possible. All this program does is take the files you have in a folder, and jumble them up and apply 0001, 0002, 0003 etc in front of their original file names.

confused_face_2.gif

I would check your files first, are you adding multiples of the same song (then shuffling), this is the only way a 'repeat' of the same song can occur. The program doesn't duplicate files, so if you're hearing the same song in close succession, take the sd card out of the walnut, connect to pc and have a look at the file structure. Screenshot it and post it here, because what you're describing is not possible...

Mar 10, 2017 at 8:03 PM Post #2,395 of 3,631
Huh? This is not possible. All this program does is take the files you have in a folder, and jumble them up and apply 0001, 0002, 0003 etc in front of their original file names.

:confused_face_2:

I would check your files first, are you adding multiples of the same song (then shuffling), this is the only way a 'repeat' of the same song can occur. The program doesn't duplicate files, so if you're hearing the same song in close succession, take the sd card out of the walnut, connect to pc and have a look at the file structure. Screenshot it and post it here, because what you're describing is not possible...

I'll check it again, but there shouldn't be duplicates.

Mar 10, 2017 at 8:31 PM Post #2,397 of 3,631
I'll check it again, but there shouldn't be duplicates.

So if it's not duplicating files, how can the Walnut possibly go back and play a song that's already been played?! All the walnut can do is play files in sequential order...

Here is a screen shot of 3 albums in one folder, before they are 'shozyshuffled';

Notice how the files are being ordered with 01, 01, 01 first (from each album) and then 02, 02, 02 etc and so on so forth. This is how the Walnut should play this folder if the files were copied onto an SD card and placed inside the nut.

Now here below is the SAME 3 albums shuffled with the ShozyShuffler;

Files are randomly jumbled up with additional numerical ordering (0001 xxxx.mp3, 0002 xxxx.mp3, 0003 xxxx.mp3 etc) applied to the file names. If you look at the album/artist columns you will see this also, no longer is Album A>Album B>Album C>Repeat, but now the randomness applied you might get a run of 3-4 songs in a row from album A, followed by just one track from album C, and then 2 tracks album B and so on so forth.

Dragging these files into the walnut and this is the order it shall play the songs.

How you claim to get a duplicate song, or that it's not very 'random/shuffled' is beyond me... you've completely lost me 
confused_face_2.gif

Mar 10, 2017 at 8:42 PM Post #2,398 of 3,631
  When I'm building my playlist, should I try and omit the track number before having the program sort the files?

Nop, as I show you above it doesn't matter. A file called '01_The Perfect Drug.mp3' will be randomly shuffled and possibly get the following applied '0045_01_The Perfect Drug.mp3' (in this case the track was randomly shuffled to be the 45th song played, if you hit 'Process' a second time it will shuffle everything all over again and new 4 digit codes applied in front of the original filenames.

Mar 10, 2017 at 9:05 PM Post #2,399 of 3,631

Nop, as I show you above it doesn't matter. A file called '01_The Perfect Drug.mp3' will be randomly shuffled and possibly get the following applied '0045_01_The Perfect Drug.mp3' (in this case the track was randomly shuffled to be the 45th song played, if you hit 'Process' a second time it will shuffle everything all over again and new 4 digit codes applied in front of the original filenames.

OK, I know I'm not skipping through 800 songs to get back to the song I heard last night.  Perhaps I am going through that many songs.

Mar 10, 2017 at 9:43 PM Post #2,400 of 3,631
  OK, I know I'm not skipping through 800 songs to get back to the song I heard last night.  Perhaps I am going through that many songs.

Well, it depends what tracks you added to the folder that's gonna get the shozy treatment. For me, I know with my own collection I have EP's and Albums. If i'm dragging both things across, then there's a very good chance that I'll end up with 1 song featured on both the album and the ep (ie a duplicate). The file name may be slightly differently names (such as '01 The Perfect Drug.mp3' vs '03_The Perfect Drug.mp3'), but nonetheless that's repeat of 1 song twice from two different sources/folders. Perhaps this is what's happening to you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back