Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - :ok_hand: screenless budget killer combo DAP/Amp :ok_hand:
Dec 11, 2016 at 5:35 PM Post #151 of 3,631
yes I saw it was sd card only.I got mine on ebay

I must have misunderstood you. What exactly were you wondering?

(Je sais encore un peu de français si vous souhaitez poser ... Mais je réponds en anglais
wink.gif
)

Dec 11, 2016 at 6:10 PM Post #153 of 3,631
  If you do any of these mods successfully please let us know. I personally do not need the bluetooth functionality but can easily see how it would be useful! That said why not just read directly from the Walnut's DAC?

Glad to have both of you here and sounds like there are a lot of people who were hyped up about the Chinese music! 
beerchug.gif
 (Which is really dang good, by the way.)

Just wanted to show that on one of my three Walnut microSD's, I have started keeping all albums converted from FLAC to a single WAV image. If you have a WAV+CUE file just copy the WAV over. Obvious downside is you can't pick what track from an album you want to hear, but I listen to full albums start to finish 95% of the time, and I was realizing all my skipping was just passing by full albums until the next one. So this works very well for me and I can get back to the start in just 15 clicks forward or back.

​
And here are my foobar settings for converting WAVs to one large file and removing all metadata, if it helps anybody.

​

Hell ya!

Dec 11, 2016 at 7:09 PM Post #155 of 3,631
Sending my broken Zishan DSD back tomorrow morning to be replaced with a new one and also order it the Walnut V2 that will be used alone or together with the Tera Player.

I was hoping you might be able to give us a Walnut vs Tera comparison! This I would really and truly love to hear. The parts used & internal design are quite different so I am expecting there to be some difference in the two.

Dec 11, 2016 at 7:14 PM Post #157 of 3,631
Sending my broken Zishan DSD back tomorrow morning to be replaced with a new one and also order it the Walnut V2 that will be used alone or together with the Tera Player.

Sad when bad things happen to good electronics. 
frown.gif

Dec 11, 2016 at 9:20 PM Post #159 of 3,631
my ebay did not come with one.

Dec 11, 2016 at 10:13 PM Post #163 of 3,631
Sure I will do that when it arrives but so far the Tera is my favourite and tried and owned quite few: DX100,AK120,LPG,Mojo,Hugo and tried AK380Cu,QP1R,Sony ZX2,etc.

You sure are a Tera player fan boy :)

Dec 11, 2016 at 10:33 PM Post #165 of 3,631

You sure are a Tera player fan boy :)

Are you on team Walnut too? 
biggrin.gif

Sorry buddy, i am not on any team.
Which ever sounds good and have good value for money i will appreciate it ! Walnut is the new sensation ! So i am really curious to try it out.

I will order the Walnut soon. Also it's so cheap, there is no harm in buying this. I had spent a lot money on Earbuds, now it's time to spent some money on DAPs and Cables !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back