Walmart
Jun 29, 2012 at 7:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

tjohnusa

Headphoneus Supremus
Browsing last night I found a bin of cd's. Much to my suprise I found Steely Dan's "Can't Buy A Thrill" and Yes "Fragile" for $5 each. Also saw "Rumors" and some Metallica; many others that made me wonder. I am getting old since music I find glorious is in a bargin bin....I am sad....and old. I of course bought them since my copies were long since lost and am happy to enjoy them. To you old folks check out your local Walmart for some cheap tunes.

Jun 30, 2012 at 12:37 PM Post #3 of 8
Forget Walmart. One of the biggest issues is that if a CD is 'Parental Advisory' they only carry the edited versions (at least last time I checked). 

Also, generally speaking you'll see most of the same CDs in every store's bargain section. I've noticed this from going to quite a few myself. My 2 top picks are Best Buy ($5 and $7 sections), and B&N ($5 and $7 sections). 

I find quite a few of my CDs there. I walked out with 13 CDs last time I went in.

Quote:
Browsing last night I found a bin of cd's. Much to my suprise I found Steely Dan's "Can't Buy A Thrill" and Yes "Fragile" for $5 each. Also saw "Rumors" and some Metallica; many others that made me wonder. I am getting old since music I find glorious is in a bargin bin....I am sad....and old. I of course bought them since my copies were long since lost and am happy to enjoy them. To you old folks check out your local Walmart for some cheap tunes.

Jun 30, 2012 at 9:12 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Talk about life coming full circle.  I was in high school in the late 70's and bought all of those same "cassettes" for $5 back then as well.  Nice that I can get a refreshed copy for the same price 35 years later.  LOL...

Jul 1, 2012 at 12:47 PM Post #5 of 8
Wal-mart's insistence on censorship is a deal breaker for buying music there for me. I refuse to support that particular business practice. 

I found Fiona Apple's Extraordinary Machine for $4.99 at Best Buy. I don't think it has to make you old to find your music for cheap.

Jul 1, 2012 at 1:15 PM Post #6 of 8
Half-Price Books has been my favorite source for cheap CDs here.  Most of my collection has come from their $3-and-under shelves, the discs are usually in great condition and I just buy packs of jewel cases to replace the ones that are scuffed or cracked.  

Jul 9, 2012 at 8:50 PM Post #7 of 8
These are my Walmart $5.00 finds

Stevie Ray Vaughan - Live at Carnegie Hall
Fleetwood Mac - Tango in the NIght
Nina Simone - Soul
B.B. King - Why I Sing the Blues
Oak Ridge Boys - Greatest Hits

Jul 9, 2012 at 8:57 PM Post #8 of 8
Amazon has many many many CDs for $4.99 each with free shipping if you buy $25 worth at a time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back