Wallwart causes buzzing?
Oct 13, 2005 at 6:06 AM Post #16 of 25
connect the plug to the jack. put the +ve probe on the center pin/plate....it is very obvious as it branch out from the middle of the jack if you look from th rear. then just tap other probe on the washer and check if there is any measuring. if there is nothing, solder a wire to IG/PG, turn on your amp and confirm the buzz, tap the washer with your finger and check if the buzz disappear. if it does, tap it with the wire this time, and if it disappears, you know what to do
smily_headphones1.gif

if it measures something when you tap the probe on the washer....don't connect it to IG/PG.

Oct 14, 2005 at 5:36 PM Post #17 of 25
Both the center pin and one of the side pin (3, I think) don't measure anything, and connecting PG to them causes some crackles and the wire tries to stick to the pin...

One other thing, the same "damping" effect happened when I touched the PG wire, without touching the power supply's barrel. Is my amp just plain not grounded properly?

By the way, isn't IG connected to audio ground channel, while PG is connected to electrical ground? Shouldn't they be seperate? When I measured the resistance from IG to PG, it shows a straight connection... am I mistaken in thinking the ground channel is supposed to be isolated?

Oct 17, 2005 at 10:05 PM Post #22 of 25
I had a weird one some time ago and the one and only thing that cured it was to line the plastic enclosure with sticky back aluminium tape.... as quiet as a mouse after that. Same symptoms as yours too.

Oct 18, 2005 at 10:37 AM Post #24 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinbios
Where do I line it, on the inside?

Yes. You know the sticky back shiny aluminium tape? Line the inside of the amp with that and see if it helps... it worked wonders on a WNA I had and was the only thing that got rid of the hum.... I only had to line the inside of the front ABS panel and that did the trick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back