Wallet-fi
Sep 18, 2008 at 3:23 AM Post #31 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by morphsci /img/forum/go_quote.gif
nutkick.gif

Let me break it down for you in small, easily understood steps:

1. OP asked for recommendations for a wallet that met a few criteria he outlined
2. You derided him for carrying too much in his wallet.
3. Therefore you did not answer his original query but instead moved the discussion to a topic of your own choosing.
4. Ergo, your diatribe was OFF-TOPIC

Hallelujah!
popcorn.gif

Actually ericj wasn't exactly on-topic either, but since he is a self confessed nut we'll let him off
wink.gif

Sep 18, 2008 at 7:34 PM Post #32 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what I have:
Head porter Merge long wallet:

Hey red, where did you buy it from? And if you don't mind, how much was it?

Sep 18, 2008 at 7:56 PM Post #33 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by LostOne.TR /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey red, where did you buy it from? And if you don't mind, how much was it?

I got it when I was in japan, actually. I think it was around 150$ not too sure if it's on sale anymore as it was last year's model though.

I just got a new wallet yesterday: Bottega Vaneta weaved wallet
o_bottega_1.jpg

not bothering with my HP wallet for a while
biggrin.gif

Sep 18, 2008 at 8:07 PM Post #34 of 56
Tony Perotti - 2011/14/2 Wallet note case with change section - Gregorys

I have that one, not bought from there though but I dont have any pics of my wallet

re-reading your post and its criteria it fits all of what you are after and is sublime quality, you will appreciate that point if you order and receive it in your hand the stitching, weight, smell and finish are superb, it is also lined inside too.

Sep 20, 2008 at 2:08 AM Post #35 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by oicdn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's not "getting by", it's carrying lightly/smartly and NOT carrying what you DON'T need. What if you lost your wallet? You'd be SOL cause you have no IDs, no credit cards, and all your other cards are gone to boot. That's A LOT of calling to do when you get home. Not to mention, every time you sit down, you sit on a 3 inch brick. I used to carry a HUGE wallet, and after carrying minimal, I've never looked back.

You don't have to go minimalist - you can also choose a smarter wallet design. If you're looking for an excellent *thin* wallet, check out the Big Skinny (BigSkinny.net: Thin Wallets & Slim Wallets from Big Skinny). Yeah, silly name, but excellent wallet if you want minimal bulk. People I know simply can't believe I have as much crap in there as I do when they see how thin it is. (by the way, I have no connection to the company other than being a satisfied customer.)

Jun 19, 2012 at 9:44 PM Post #36 of 56
Go-go gadget ZombieThread!

Looking for wallet suggestions, since I go through wallets like nobodies business even though I don't overload them. I carry on my person only a few things on a day to day basis, but it seems that despite this moderate load, I kill wallets quickly. This would have to be a jeans-pocket friendly wallet, and on a student's budget. I carry

DL (obviously a necessity)
School ID (used daily)
Work ID (used daily)
Debit/Bank Card (Daily)
AAA Card (because it covers any vehicle I'm in, not just my own)
Health Insurance Card & Vision card (duh)
A guitar pick (Always have one. Always)
Some cash if I'm lucky, no coins, coins go in my pocket. So: 6 cards, Cash

A leather bi-fold would be my preference, preferably thick leather with strong stitching. I've killed 4 Dockers and other type wallets in the last 4 years, and although I don't mind a yearly replacement, I'd be open to other options:

Jun 23, 2012 at 4:44 AM Post #43 of 56
That looks amazing
eek.gif

Quote:
Saddleback in dark coffee brown with about a year of wear in, just keeps getting better and better.

Edit: It was just too much to bear, I have a medium wallet in carbon black on its way to me now
cool.gif
, so much for budget friendly. Now my wallet's sorry for my wallets incoming wallet, oy, that's hard to wrap my head around.

Jun 24, 2012 at 4:20 AM Post #44 of 56
The leather is pretty nice and thick, takes a while to wear in, and build character, dare you to try and compare it with other leathers you see at the mall, now if only I could justify buying one of their bags.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back