Wall of bass!
Feb 4, 2008 at 7:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Sean.Perrin

100+ Head-Fier
I guess I'm an "Ety Head" and I don't know what to do... I am happy with the function of the AKG240 and they were the most uncoloured over ear that I tried but the problem is the bass!

It's hard to describe but I'm having trouble listening to the music or hearing detail. It's like I'm squinting at the sound or a wall of bass is in the way. It's really weird, I hope that it goes away as they break in...

Anyone eso having this problem.

PS... for all those who think ety has no bass I now COMPLETELY disagree. I miss the rich clear punchy bass with presence... it's far better than this washy wall of sludgy bass that takes over the sound stage for no reason.

Feb 4, 2008 at 7:13 AM Post #2 of 2
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean.Perrin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I guess I'm an "Ety Head" and I don't know what to do... I am happy with the function of the AKG240 and they were the most uncoloured over ear that I tried but the problem is the bass!

It's hard to describe but I'm having trouble listening to the music or hearing detail. It's like I'm squinting at the sound or a wall of bass is in the way. It's really weird, I hope that it goes away as they break in...

Anyone eso having this problem.

PS... for all those who think ety has no bass I now COMPLETELY disagree. I miss the rich clear punchy bass with presence... it's far better than this washy wall of sludgy bass that takes over the sound stage for no reason.

I freaking love where Head-Fi is going these days!
tongue.gif

Check out some of the cheaper Stax systems. The SR-001 system sounds right up your alley, but if you're looking for an over-the-ear solution some of the vintage models (albeit a little more expensive these days) are also great to audition the stereotypical stat sound while on a budget.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back