Walkman NWZ F886 officialy announced!! [192khz/24bits]
Sep 29, 2013 at 3:25 PM Post #241 of 1,472
With 1st class delivery it comes to £210. I do hope they honour the price, think they will. No idea on when it's due in, but happy to wait a month or two at that price.

Sep 30, 2013 at 6:30 PM Post #245 of 1,472
  Nothing yet on the US front. Maybe we aint getting any.

We will.  Usually another month or so behind Japan & Europe.  Sony just think less of us here in the States. 

Pre ordered mine from amazon.co.uk. Curious to compare it with my ipod touch 4th gen.

Do let us know.  Hope your new Walkman doesn't suffer from the European Volume Restriction.  If so, it may affect the sound of the player as well.

Sep 30, 2013 at 7:08 PM Post #246 of 1,472
This product seems solved my question here.
impressive Digital amp and output
tons of Sony's own technology 
everything on this is way better than iBasso DX50
Im definately going to buy this.

Oct 1, 2013 at 4:21 AM Post #247 of 1,472

We will.  Usually another month or so behind Japan & Europe.  Sony just think less of us here in the States.

Do let us know.  Hope your new Walkman doesn't suffer from the European Volume Restriction.  If so, it may affect the sound of the player as well.

Will do, and I am tired of using a portable amp when travelling, so hope this does the job well, not that my touch is bad, just want something a bit better.

I am quite surprised sony have a different attitude towards the states with it consumer electronics compared to its playstation brand.

Oct 1, 2013 at 10:55 AM Post #248 of 1,472
I hope they haven't capped the volume significantly, if at all. Then again it only needs to drive my Amperiors and UM Customs. May look at some Momentums soon.

Oct 1, 2013 at 3:15 PM Post #249 of 1,472

I am quite surprised sony have a different attitude towards the states with it consumer electronics compared to its playstation brand.

Sony lost the portable music player wars here years ago with no hope of recovering. Makes sense from a business standpoint. They offer limited models here (if they decide to release them), and that's that.

Oct 1, 2013 at 6:15 PM Post #250 of 1,472

Sony lost the portable music player wars here years ago with no hope of recovering. Makes sense from a business standpoint. They offer limited models here (if they decide to release them), and that's that.

They may take a bigger chunk of the pie given that Apple has no interest in making audiophile friendly iPod.  I really hope they see success though.

Oct 4, 2013 at 3:47 PM Post #253 of 1,472
I'm looking at the 64 GB model but it seems like it won't be released in Europe?

I would also like to know:

- how do Sony players compare to Cowon's in terms of SQ? (I currently own a 32 GB J3 with a 32 GB class-10 microSD card)
- does Sony offer full UMS for transferring files from a PC? (or MTP at least)
- what's the expected battery life for the F887?

I really wish I could get the higher-end ZX1 but its price is killing me :frowning2:

Thanks guys!

Oct 4, 2013 at 4:42 PM Post #254 of 1,472
  Close-up pictures and short impressions and comparison about the sound of ZX1 and F880 in japanese.
http://www.digitalgrapher.com/2013/09/walkman-NW-F880-NW-ZX.html

Gorgeous, Simply gorgeous! 
evil_smiley.gif
 *strokes beard*

I'm looking at the 64 GB model but it seems like it won't be released in Europe?

I would also like to know:

- how do Sony players compare to Cowon's in terms of SQ? (I currently own a 32 GB J3 with a 32 GB class-10 microSD card)
- does Sony offer full UMS for transferring files from a PC? (or MTP at least)
- what's the expected battery life for the F887?

I really wish I could get the higher-end ZX1 but its price is killing me :frowning2:

Thanks guys!

I have yet to hear a strait answer to this. Very curious.

Oct 5, 2013 at 3:21 AM Post #255 of 1,472

Users who are viewing this thread

Back