Walkman NWZ F886 officialy announced!! [192khz/24bits]
Sep 5, 2013 at 5:41 PM Post #46 of 1,472
Let me put it out there again.  I had a bad experience buying Euro Walkman unit.  I once compared three Sony NW-A86X from EU & US & Japan side-by-side  and the EU unit did not sound as good compared to the US & Japanese counterparts.  This may not apply with the F88x series however.  Personally, I'll wait for the 64GB Japan version.

Sep 5, 2013 at 6:01 PM Post #47 of 1,472
  Let me put it out there again.  I had a bad experience buying Euro Walkman unit.  I once compared three Sony NW-A86X from EU & US & Japan side-by-side  and the EU unit did not sound as good compared to the US & Japanese counterparts.  This may not apply with the F88x series however.  Personally, I'll wait for the 64GB Japan version.

Yup, and I took your advice. I will import.

Sep 5, 2013 at 9:27 PM Post #48 of 1,472
  ive been a sony fan boy since my sony  minidisc player(man that thing sounded great)

Me too.

Isn't it ironic that the 1st major portable electronic company that was founded on removable storage (cassettes, DAT, Minidisc) has abandoned any external storage?

If this thing had external memory, I would buy in a heartbeat and pay the premium. 

Sadly, what good does 192/24 do with only 32gb memory?

Sep 6, 2013 at 12:55 AM Post #51 of 1,472
  How do you sync music onto an Android based DAPs? Does it require some additional program like iTunes/iPod?

Copy and paste....

Sep 6, 2013 at 1:58 AM Post #53 of 1,472

Er, huh? None has been announced. The F8xx series esssntially replaced it. Sony does something like the Z every few years. This is not unlike how the A replaced the X.

Have a look earlier in the thread, I posted a link.
From the IFA coverage, they had two Walkman on that wallpaper behind the guy revealing the new F. The other Walkman was noticeably larger than the F886 but wasn't revealed.
Could be that new Xperia phone with the S Master MX/HX amp though.

Sep 6, 2013 at 5:19 AM Post #58 of 1,472

Users who are viewing this thread

Back