Walkman NWZ F886 officialy announced!! [192khz/24bits]
Aug 4, 2015 at 11:34 AM Post #1,426 of 1,472
So I recently got back from Japan along with a F886 and XBA-A3s but I have a couple questions about the F886;
Where/how can I get a line out cable (if there is one) so I can avoid double amping?
Does a FiiO E11 pair nicely in your opinion? I listen to a very wide range of music, so I have no particular preference about frequency response but I do like hard hitting bass when the track calls for it
I have an AAC file that the stock player seems to refuse to play and I'm not sure why, anyone have experience with this?
The player is asking me to update my firmware to 1.24 (from 1.23) but I can't seem to find a changelog anywhere?

If any one can help me out with any of these, that would be great! :) Cheers

Aug 4, 2015 at 12:09 PM Post #1,427 of 1,472
So I recently got back from Japan along with a F886 and XBA-A3s but I have a couple questions about the F886;

Where/how can I get a line out cable (if there is one) so I can avoid double amping?

Does a FiiO E11 pair nicely in your opinion? I listen to a very wide range of music, so I have no particular preference about frequency response but I do like hard hitting bass when the track calls for it

I have an AAC file that the stock player seems to refuse to play and I'm not sure why, anyone have experience with this?

The player is asking me to update my firmware to 1.24 (from 1.23) but I can't seem to find a changelog anywhere?

You might want to try the Fiio E12 or the E12A. And the Fiio Lod cable for Sony.

Aug 4, 2015 at 1:05 PM Post #1,428 of 1,472

the internal amp of the Fseries and my A-10 is more transparent and has wider sound stage than that of E11 ... if i would use an amp i would go higher indeed

Aug 5, 2015 at 10:58 AM Post #1,430 of 1,472
You might want to try the Fiio E12 or the E12A. And the Fiio Lod cable for Sony.

I can't seem to find somewhere local (Melbourne) that I can get the L5 cable :T any reputable (and maybe cheap?) sellers that ship internationally?

Quote:

the internal amp of the Fseries and my A-10 is more transparent and has wider sound stage than that of E11 ... if i would use an amp i would go higher indeed

Fiio e12

Thanks for the recommendation! I'll look toward putting some funds toward it 
beerchug.gif

But no one has any ideas about the unplayable AAC file and/or the ver1.24 update?

Aug 5, 2015 at 1:06 PM Post #1,432 of 1,472
Hi there,

does anybody know how to open this gadget? It's got some water inside and doesn't work properly anymore. There's a hope that drying might help to resurrect it.

Didn't your mum tell you that Walkmans don't swim?
I think you just have to wait till it's dry. It might take some days though.

Aug 5, 2015 at 1:31 PM Post #1,434 of 1,472

Thanks for the recommendation! I'll look toward putting some funds toward it 
beerchug.gif

But no one has any ideas about the unplayable AAC file and/or the ver1.24 update?

I advise you because I am using this bundle!

Aug 5, 2015 at 3:20 PM Post #1,435 of 1,472
I'm an idiot. that's what the unedited post was demonstrating.
deadhorse.gif

Aug 5, 2015 at 3:28 PM Post #1,436 of 1,472
I was mentioning just a bit ago I this thread about the cost being prohitive with this item. I noticed two days ago that Amazon dropped their price to £445. I hope it's the trend that prices are going down. Or as someone else suggested that new models are coming and Amazon know it. Thus they are reducing prices to get older models sold. I am more tempted at this lower price but I think I will hang on for a lower price.

People often ask or suggest other models as options for buying like FiiO models. Call me strange but I am boycotting some manufacturers. It's based on the fact that China is the biggest importer of ivory and rhino horn. Thus I try to avoid their goods. That means FiiO, Acoustic Research, Hidizis, Lotoo, their players are not on my list. Apple outsource to China and I detest with a vengeance iTunes, so I have turned away from looking at the iPod Touch.

Quote:

It was my wife, not me! Ok, it's probably a good suggestion as it seems almost impossible to open it without damaging it.

There's a chance that Youtube might have a repair video that shows how to open the case. Or you could put it somewhere in the hope it will dry it out sooner.

Aug 5, 2015 at 4:17 PM Post #1,437 of 1,472
the DAP is maintained closed by very small plastic extrusions all around the sides, to get it open you only need to get some little leverage to take the little plastic out of it's niche, and when you have done it for enough points, the back of the DAP will come off(don't forget the 2 screws at the back first ^_^).
as the back part you would be trying to get away from the front is in thin plastic too, it's easy to leave marks on it, same thing with the little plastic "anchors" inside, any undue force on them in the wrong direction will most likely bend them of even break them. but that's the story for most products closed without screws.
I'm bad at those stuff and opened it without much problem, as I said it remains some small markings of my effraction, but TBH I already dropped the DAP a few times so it has some much more visible dents now :rolleyes: .

inside you'll have to unscrew a few stuff but it's all easy and mostly intuitive.

Thanks for the clarification! It sounds very painstaking... I will leave it in a hot room for some days to let the water vaporize and then see whether it's necessary to intrude. Actually that's a 64 GB version, i.e, the Japanese machine NW-F887 without the bloody European volume cap, so it's really worth trying to save it.

Aug 6, 2015 at 5:08 AM Post #1,438 of 1,472
Thanks for the clarification! It sounds very painstaking... I will leave it in a hot room for some days to let the water vaporize and then see whether it's necessary to intrude. Actually that's a 64 GB version, i.e, the Japanese machine NW-F887 without the bloody European volume cap, so it's really worth trying to save it.

Try putting it into a sealed bag or box of rice? or some silica gel if you have some? The rice/silica gel will absorb the moisture in the air allowing the device to dry faster (Y)

On another note, has anyone actually updated to ver 1.24? any unwanted features or problems?

Aug 6, 2015 at 7:55 AM Post #1,439 of 1,472

Try putting it into a sealed bag or box of rice? or some silica gel if you have some? The rice/silica gel will absorb the moisture in the air allowing the device to dry faster (Y)

On another note, has anyone actually updated to ver 1.24? any unwanted features or problems?

that's most certainly the best choice without opening.
my concern goes for the battery that most likely was shorted by some water. no idea how that ends up usually, or if there are some safety included now that most batteries have a bunch of circuitry in them.

Aug 6, 2015 at 8:06 AM Post #1,440 of 1,472

the DAP is maintained closed by very small plastic extrusions all around the sides, to get it open you only need to get some little leverage to take the little plastic out of it's niche, and when you have done it for enough points, the back of the DAP will come off(don't forget the 2 screws at the back first ^_^).
as the back part you would be trying to get away from the front is in thin plastic too, it's easy to leave marks on it, same thing with the little plastic "anchors" inside, any undue force on them in the wrong direction will most likely bend them of even break them. but that's the story for most products closed without screws.
I'm bad at those stuff and opened it without much problem, as I said it remains some small markings of my effraction, but TBH I already dropped the DAP a few times so it has some much more visible dents now
rolleyes.gif

inside you'll have to unscrew a few stuff but it's all easy and mostly intuitive.

ok I somehow decided to explain how to open the A10 on the F886's topic... who said sleeping was useless?
sorry for the confusion I wasn't helping you at all.
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back