Walkman NWZ F886 officialy announced!! [192khz/24bits]
Apr 17, 2014 at 12:20 PM Post #1,141 of 1,472
vualah haha!!
tongue.gif

Apr 20, 2014 at 3:58 PM Post #1,144 of 1,472
I love my F886 but find myself listening more to my Sony SP phone with Fiio E7 which has a greater battery life larger capacity and a great SQ,not as refined as the 886 but just as enjoyable on the move!I just wish they had improved the battery life which is dreadful and raised there volume cap,my sony sp and z go louder!!No need for DSD on the 886.

Apr 24, 2014 at 10:46 AM Post #1,145 of 1,472
Can anyone compare this to the Fiio X3? And at the same time, does anyone use something like a Maxell Airstash to stream music from and if so, how does it perform. Thinking of getting rid of my X3 for something else and the F886/887 are considerations.

Apr 25, 2014 at 6:44 AM Post #1,146 of 1,472
  Can anyone compare this to the Fiio X3? And at the same time, does anyone use something like a Maxell Airstash to stream music from and if so, how does it perform. Thinking of getting rid of my X3 for something else and the F886/887 are considerations.

night and day might not be that far off.
for me:

X3                                                                                        F866
instruments pushed in front of me                                           instruments pushed on the sides (far on the sides)   

very warm                                                                             neutral, maybe even a tiny tad cold, dunno really

zero hiss or noise of any kind with any IEM                             very small hiss on sensitive IEMs and a little "tac" noise only on
                                                                                             very sensitive IEMs and quiet music passages

lot of power                                                                      might want to consider an amp for anything not
                                                                                            "made for ipod" kind of headphones.

minimalistic yet not perfect UI                                                cool and cleverly done sony+android UI
                                                                        (I prefer 100% sony yet android is customizable so all is good)

F886's line out is really great imo.

edit: I realize the screen size will mess up my uber clever presentation. sorry about that. patched with grey for F886/7 because I'm lazy

Apr 25, 2014 at 6:51 AM Post #1,147 of 1,472

Surely the X5 should be considered? I nearly bought the ZX1 but am very happy with the X5.

Apr 25, 2014 at 2:22 PM Post #1,149 of 1,472
Hello all, hope someone can help. After receiving and charging my F887 overnight the device will not power up. After a couple minutes of charging a battery with a charging icon comes up then a splash screen starts but that's all, the power button does nothing. After charging for several hours then unplugging the splash screen dies after 15 or so mins battery seems completely drained. When I plug it back in it again after a couple min the battery icon comes back up then splash screen again. To me it seems like faulty battery. I purchased thru amazon so return is no prob. I already have return shipping label and a new player on the way. I just wanted to make sure I not being stupid and missing something. To my understanding after ten mins of charging the player should startup on its own.
Thanks very much
Timothy

Apr 25, 2014 at 3:17 PM Post #1,151 of 1,472
Thank you. No, but I will right now I have one right beside the one I've been using. I did try a AC charger along with a different usb cable from an other Walkman that I have so pretty sure it's not cable related
Timothy

Apr 25, 2014 at 9:26 PM Post #1,152 of 1,472
Then I think it was the unit, so you need to RMA it back or just exchange for a new one.

Apr 26, 2014 at 11:28 AM Post #1,154 of 1,472

night and day might not be that far off.
for me:

X3                                                                                        F866
instruments pushed in front of me                                           instruments pushed on the sides (far on the sides)   

very warm                                                                             neutral, maybe even a tiny tad cold, dunno really

zero hiss or noise of any kind with any IEM                             very small hiss on sensitive IEMs and a little "tac" noise only on
                                                                                             very sensitive IEMs and quiet music passages

lot of power                                                                      might want to consider an amp for anything not
                                                                                            "made for ipod" kind of headphones.

minimalistic yet not perfect UI                                                cool and cleverly done sony+android UI
                                                                        (I prefer 100% sony yet android is customizable so all is good)

F886's line out is really great imo.

edit: I realize the screen size will mess up my uber clever presentation. sorry about that. patched with grey for F886/7 because I'm lazy

Sorry, but I didn't get the impression that you liked one over the other. Can you please clarify that? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back