Walkman NWZ F886 officialy announced!! [192khz/24bits]
Mar 30, 2014 at 10:02 PM Post #1,096 of 1,472
  HI

I want to buy the F887 : 64 gb version.

my problem is :  the japan version has only  the two  languages for android firmware : English and Japan 

I am french , I am looking for if there is an international version of the F887 with the possibility to have the French language of the 4.1 Android firmware..

Some people have the F887 player with other languages than English and Japanese   ?

thanks for any answers,

I just checked my F887 which I bought from Japan, and the only 2 languages that I can see to select is English and Japanese unfortunately.

Mar 31, 2014 at 12:57 PM Post #1,098 of 1,472
I listened F886 32 GB, and would like to know whether there is any difference in sound between F686 and F887? who did something comparison?

Mar 31, 2014 at 1:12 PM Post #1,099 of 1,472
I listened F886 32 GB, and would like to know whether there is any difference in sound between F686 and F887? who did something comparison?

The only diffence between the two is storage space, buddy. The F886 is 32gb while the F887 is 64gb.

Apr 1, 2014 at 8:56 AM Post #1,100 of 1,472
  HI

I want to buy the F887 : 64 gb version.

my problem is :  the japan version has only  the two  languages for android firmware : English and Japan 

I am french , I am looking for if there is an international version of the F887 with the possibility to have the French language of the 4.1 Android firmware..

Some people have the F887 player with other languages than English and Japanese   ?

thanks for any answers,

Hi, andrevo!

I have the similar "problem".

I have bought the Japanese version of NW-F887 because of 64GB of memory. I tried to update the firmware from 1.01 to 1.10 version by using an update file I downloaded from Russian Sony site (assumed it will add the Russian language), but this firmware update didn't work with Japanese player. So now I have only 2 standard languages - English and Japanese. But I think it's not a big problem. I have installed some Russian-language applications from GooglePlay and they are working fine. The one problem is that the keyboard has only English and Japanese words and I can't type in Russian. But I want to try to install a Russian keyboard application from GooglePlay (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ru.androidteam.rukeyboard) - I think it will solve the text typing problem. If it will work fine, the only place without translation will be the device settings menu.

Apr 1, 2014 at 9:16 AM Post #1,101 of 1,472

Hi, andrevo!

I have the similar "problem".

I have bought the Japanese version of NW-F887 because of 64GB of memory. I tried to update the firmware from 1.01 to 1.10 version by using an update file I downloaded from Russian Sony site (assumed it will add the Russian language), but this firmware update didn't work with Japanese player. So now I have only 2 standard languages - English and Japanese. But I think it's not a big problem. I have installed some Russian-language applications from GooglePlay and they are working fine. The one problem is that the keyboard has only English and Japanese words and I can't type in Russian. But I want to try to install a Russian keyboard application from GooglePlay (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ru.androidteam.rukeyboard) - I think it will solve the text typing problem. If it will work fine, the only place without translation will be the device settings menu.

"I tried to update the firmware from 1.01 to 1.10 version by using an update file I downloaded from Russian Sony site (assumed it will add the Russian language), but this firmware update didn't work with Japanese player"

good to know ! I will not try it. 
 Even if the russian update did'nt work, you 've been able to run the japan update 1.10 ?
Maybe in the future, with other updates, it will work, it's never over !

and maybe in this forum some guy will give us a solution even if it's not a big problem, as you say we are talking about the translation of the device settings menu and other little things.

Thanks for your answer  ,   ManFromFrance ; )

Apr 1, 2014 at 12:01 PM Post #1,102 of 1,472

Even if the russian update did'nt work, you 've been able to run the japan update 1.10 ?

Yes, it works without any problems. The update file you need name is "NW-F880_V1_10_000.exe". It available here: http://www.sony.jp/walkman/update/F880_131211.html

Just tried the Russian language keyboard application. Works fine and allows to type in Russian. So, there's no any problems with localization for me :)

Apr 8, 2014 at 2:25 PM Post #1,103 of 1,472
I purchased from advanced mp3 players and upon enquiring about the cap I was told the UK/EU models would have one

However if it does or doesn't I have no volume issues at all

What cans are you using? I'm looking for an iPod Nano replacement that plays FLACs, another reason being the iPod can't drive my Kef M200 IEMs - or is EU-capped since I live here.

Apr 8, 2014 at 5:29 PM Post #1,105 of 1,472

What cans are you using? I'm looking for an iPod Nano replacement that plays FLACs, another reason being the iPod can't drive my Kef M200 IEMs - or is EU-capped since I live here.

hi,

I use iems with mine - currently tdk ie800 and have a pair of dunu dn1000 sitting in the spare room waiting to be unboxed :)

I have also used sony xba 1h (or h1) as well as kef m500

My Walkman is used in conjunction with a fiio e12 amp and IMO the pair is a cracking combo :)

Apr 8, 2014 at 6:18 PM Post #1,106 of 1,472

hi,

I use iems with mine - currently tdk ie800 and have a pair of dunu dn1000 sitting in the spare room waiting to be unboxed :)

I have also used sony xba 1h (or h1) as well as kef m500

My Walkman is used in conjunction with a fiio e12 amp and IMO the pair is a cracking combo :)

That's the thing: I really don't want to buy another gadget to run my new gadget, and lug around an amp on the go...

Nevertheless, I ordered one, getting it tomorrow and taking it for a spin.

Apr 8, 2014 at 11:18 PM Post #1,107 of 1,472
Hey guys,

I'm looking for a replacement for my lost Z1060 walkman. Will this be a good upgrade to the Z or should I save $150 and buy a second hand Z? I have heard the main difference is that the F has more detailed sound while Z has more fun (bass) sound? And that the F is more portable while the Z is better for videos?

Thanks

Aaron

Apr 9, 2014 at 7:06 PM Post #1,108 of 1,472
So I got mine. Wow what a UI, both software and hardware are pure perfection! My expectations were not very high after reading about FiiO X5 and iBasso DX90 and their UIs. I have a Sony Xperia S, so I was right at home with the Android interface. The screen is beautiful - and the fact that it's a full Android device I can actually use it at the gym to track my performance, so no need to lug around my phone. It supports MP3gain tags - missing from the competition -, which is a must since I listen mostly in shuffle mode. And you can't beat the form factor and battery life. So much to like!

Volume is ok on my Kef m200 IEMs. At loudest setting it's good for long-term "loud" listening, not too loud, just right. But when I really want to blast, I'd prefer more power, so might end up buying an amp for that. I tried it with my Sennheiser CX300II, and it's damn loud with them, so I suspect there is no EU cap going on, and that the low volume is due to the Kefs. It also warned me the first time before I went to full volume, but I could go a few notches louder, which also suggests there is only a "soft" cap.

Haven't tried with high-res files, yet, currently updating firmware. But I already heard some nuances in my mp3s which I haven't noticed before.

How do I get album artwork to the player? Is there an app that can pull it based on ID3 metadata from the net, or do I have to copy over cover.jpg? If latter is the only option, I might be SOL since I don't copy full albums to the player, and don't use folders. Or maybe there's a naming convention for the image files so they can be matched to individual tracks?

Does an amp improve audio quality with difficult-to-drive IEMs like the m200 even at normal listening volume levels, or is it only for loud listening?

Apr 10, 2014 at 1:16 AM Post #1,109 of 1,472
Glad you are enjoying it, it is a great dap and I agree that having android is a huge benefit.

Rather like yourself I generally found the volume to be just about ok, but sometimes find myself wanting another click or two just to get that little bit more - a fiio e12 is a superb match :)

Not sure I can help regarding album art, but here is what I use / do....

I use mp3tag, open up my song(s)/album and edit tags accordingly, I also use mp3tag to embed the art into the songs/album as well. However, I do use folders and within each folder I have a cover.jpg and folder.jpg

Not saying what I do is correct or best, but it works for me

Apr 10, 2014 at 2:46 AM Post #1,110 of 1,472
Glad you are enjoying it, it is a great dap and I agree that having android is a huge benefit.

Rather like yourself I generally found the volume to be just about ok, but sometimes find myself wanting another click or two just to get that little bit more - a fiio e12 is a superb match
smily_headphones1.gif

Not sure I can help regarding album art, but here is what I use / do....

I use mp3tag, open up my song(s)/album and edit tags accordingly, I also use mp3tag to embed the art into the songs/album as well. However, I do use folders and within each folder I have a cover.jpg and folder.jpg

Not saying what I do is correct or best, but it works for me

Thanks, I'll try using mp3tag to embed the images to the mp3s themselves - I have most album artwork on my desktop already, they're just not embedded to the mp3s.

I noticed some songs already have album art although I'm copying all my songs rated 4+ (i.e. not full albums), so the Sony is clearly recognizing them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back