Walkman NWZ F886 officialy announced!! [192khz/24bits]
Dec 4, 2013 at 12:54 AM Post #618 of 1,472

They did upgrade the Z from 2.3 to 4.0. They might as well offer a new flavor in the F too.

The F is running 4.1.1, I was hoping for something more current.

So I am organizing my music collection for my PMP. How do I tag a track with multiple artists? Lets say I have a track featuring both singers A and B. The android music player only displays singer A in the artist index or when playing that track.

Dec 4, 2013 at 10:42 AM Post #620 of 1,472
  Can I download the PowerAmp I had bought for my Z1070 to F-887 and ZX1?

You should be able to without any extra charge.

Dec 5, 2013 at 12:30 AM Post #622 of 1,472
Are the side hardware buttons mapped to the Android Music Player only?

I noticed an issue where if I power on my F887 for the first time and hit the PLAY button, it starts the music from Android Music Player. I installed another music player called JetAudio which I prefer. Only once JetAudio's widget has focus or launches at least once will the hardware buttons control JetAudio.

Dec 5, 2013 at 1:45 AM Post #623 of 1,472
Are the side hardware buttons mapped to the Android Music Player only?

I noticed an issue where if I power on my F887 for the first time and hit the PLAY button, it starts the music from Android Music Player. I installed another music player called JetAudio which I prefer. Only once JetAudio's widget has focus or launches at least once will the hardware buttons control JetAudio.

It is only supposed to work with the Sony app. You should consider yourself lucky that they even work with Jetaudio.

Dec 5, 2013 at 2:33 PM Post #625 of 1,472
on the F886 the very obvious setting I can never miss is the surround one. I turn the dap on and can tell after 5secs what surround effect is ON(or not). therefore I use that to fit my tastes. I find studio very relaxing and "seemingly natural". more and more I believe it is nothing else than a very well done crossfeed. in any case the Studio effect on my A865 is put to a shame. they keep the names and the general ideas, but sony really improves a lot of things without telling us. that much is very obvious to me.

what should I do? I hate most of this dap:
android boot time
huge useless screen
not easy to use with only one hand
battery life
android UI not that great IMO

My F886 finally managed to arrive. Not gonna make a long review but I just wanna say I agree with the above. I really wish it wasn't android and it could be a bit smaller.
But the rest of the device is so good. Studio effect is indeed very usable. Plus, you can use the equalizer more freely (compared to old walkmans), it doesn't ruin other sounds when you raise or decrease some.

Dec 7, 2013 at 7:14 PM Post #626 of 1,472
Hi again guys,
I've decided to get the F886 (the 32GB model) in the near future, however, I'm a bit concerned about the storage capacity.
So, how much usable storage is left available for users?
Thanks

Dec 8, 2013 at 7:12 AM Post #628 of 1,472
  Hi again guys,
I've decided to get the F886 (the 32GB model) in the near future, however, I'm a bit concerned about the storage capacity.
So, how much usable storage is left available for users?
Thanks

you have 27 GB for yourself.
  I don't see it but does the F series have an accelerometer or proximity sensor?

It has accelerometer but no proximity sensor, it also has GPS and NFC.

Dec 8, 2013 at 8:37 AM Post #629 of 1,472
Still no comparisons between the older F and Z yet apart of the one from NG 
frown.gif
  Guess everyone is more interested in the ZX1... 

Dec 8, 2013 at 9:06 AM Post #630 of 1,472
Vect, if I remember correct you have a case, how easy it is to use the buttons with it? They're ridiculously expensive but I drop my walkmans a lot, so gotta get one before I damage my F886 too
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back